Static template vs Dynamic template on Blogger affecting blog hits?

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

As I have already posted in another thread, I get about 10-15 hits a day in my 4 month old blog. That was until last month, when I switched to one of those fancyass dynamic templates (if you're on Blogger you know what I'm talking about).

Suddenly the hits went up, with at least 50 hits a day and as many as 200. I thought this was due to the latest article I posted on how Hollywood chick flicks are screwing men everywhere. I posted another article and the spike in hits continued.

Then I reverted back to static template, and the hits immediately fell right back to 10-15. Somehow I don't think this is is a coincidence. In the 1 month that I had the dynamic template I got as many hits as in the last 3 months combined. Can somebody explain the logic behind this?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey! With the dynamic template every time a person clicks on 'Comment' it adds one more hit and when he hits 'Publish' for the comment it adds yet another. So, if a person visits your post and comments on it you get 3 hits counted on Dynamic and only one on Static. If you have also not set 'Don't track my Pageviews' then when you reply to the comment you get counted for 3 hits too in dynamic whereas it would be only one on Static.

This one I am not too sure about but I think is possible. If you have dynamic, it shows only one post at a time and, thus, if a person navigates to another post it counts a hit. On Static, if you have multiple posts on each page and the reader just scrolls down and reads all posts, you get only one hit counted.

Hope that helps.

Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

Hi Suresh, thanks for the reply. But in my particular case, the hits presently is barely 10-15 a day in static, with single post per page. If I switch to dynamic, it shoots up to past 100, and I don't receive that many comments either. Does it have to do with  web crawlers being more likely to crawl dynamic pages and that being counted as a hit or something like that?

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

The limits of my knowledge have already been reached with my previous reply. You will have to seek elsewhere for any further clarification :)

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

Anyone?

LockSign in to reply to this thread