Partha Sadhukhan would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://themalefactor.com/ ] IndiRank: 76

Looking for a review of my blog

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi All,

I put in a lot of research and study to write each blog post of mine. This blog is on different social issues that do not get coverage in mainstream media. This is about crime and human rights violation in different forms that cripples our society today.

Request eminent bloggers to give their honest opinion about my posts.

Regards

Partha Sadhukhan

The blog URl is - http://parthasadhukhan.wordpress.com/

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Deleted some unwanted words
Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Pritam Thakur
Pritam Thakur
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Your blog is unique and the opinions expressed are something not generally thought of... It's the best anti-feminist blog I have come across. Although I am not 100% convinced of what you say but they do make someone think a lot... Looking forward to more posts...

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Pritam

Pamela
Pamela
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

I think your posts are too long. I found myself reading for several minutes... and then skimming. I think it'd be best if you broke your posts into "part one" "part two"... like when you were detailing your travels, if you made each day, or maybe pairing together two days, separate posts published more frequently you'd get more readers. Statistics have shown the more often you post, the more likely you are to get followers (as long as you're not posting several times a day, that overwhelms some.) You are posting only like once every ten days, so if you broke your posts into three to five separate posts and posted every other day, you'd probably get more readers. Plus, if someone is engaged with your reading and they're reading part one, they're more likely to return to read part two. Where as now someone might enjoy what they're reading, but by the conclusion they just move on without subscribing. Or they enjoy it but are like "I don't have time to read this whole thing" and leave your page.

I also question the Frankenstein's monster at the top. Why? I would think that if you associate your blog with a monster, it makes your blog seem sinister, not sincere. If you have a reason for the symbolism, I would suggest a paragraph explaining it, otherwise it's just confusing. If you don't have a reason, and perhaps just like the color scheme, I would suggest removing the monster and perhaps designing a new banner in the same scheme, but without the "monster" associations. 

As for your feminism views.. well I started typing something here and it got long. So I decided I'll go leave it in a comment on your site instead. :) It's less a review and more an interaction with your writing anyway. :)

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Am not an eminent blogger, but here's what I thought, Nice design, good cause! Posts too long, perhaps 'click to continue' may work A list of your posts somehwere close to the top helps the reader in deciding which ones to read Can the font size be smaller?
Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks all for your comments

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Rearding monster theme - It is because I discuss all deadliest topics in my blog. Everything with social importance, but not discussed by anyone. Monster or skull because it is dangerous for anyone to discuss in this way for anyone in India.

Regarding long posts, I give my complete research finding in the posts. I agree it may be boring at times, So I have started diversifying. My latest blogs are much shorter.

Nikita aka Njkinny
Nikita aka Njkinny
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

Hi Partha,

Dropped by your blog and you have written some really very interesting articles. :)

Will be reading all your articles at my leisure.:)

Regarding my suggestions for improvement. I would recommend the below changes to you.

1) The template of your blog looks out of place with the theme of your blog. You should consider taking up a template that complements your posts.

2) Your posts are lengthy and so you should place a jump break in your posts so the readers get a preview for your posts and a "Read more" option which they can click to read the whole post. This way you can have more posts on the main page without the blog looking too long.

3) A "Contact Me" page is a great way to interact with people. You can have that on your blog.

4) your social media follow buttons are not clear. The follow me via FB link is your pic which is a bit confusing. These can be made to look pretty and inviting using the various widgets available on the net. Do consider updating your social hangout links.

5) PLace "Follow by email" widget higher on your blog so people see it and follow you! :)

6) Consider having a three column template so you can evenly distribute all your right side column links and thus, save your blog from going on even after the posts end. Currently your blog column goes on even after the post and comments which makes the blog look unorganized.

7) You should try and post more often.

I hope these pointers help. :)

Do checkout and review my blog too. My Indi request post for review is : http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/review.php?id=17209

Regards,

Nikita

Yashasvi Raghuvanshi
Yashasvi Raghuvanshi
from Lucknow
9 years ago

Hi Partha,

I am a law student and I found all the topics in your blog to be very interesting.

But you should consider changing the design and layout of your blog so as to attract readers. Your topics are well-researched, which is a very good thing but try and make the posts a little less lengthy.

Keep up the good work!

And do review my blog thehowlingwolves.blogspot.in

Cheers,

Yashasvi

Partha Sadhukhan
Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hi Nikita and Yashavi,

I have read both your comments and also worked upon them. Unfortunately I could not reply earlier. My apologies.

PLease read my articles and share your comment . criticism on my blog..

Partha