Ambi Pur "Smelly To Smiley!" contest!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New contest folks! We're trying out a new format of the prizes this time - only vouchers, so you can buy whatever you want! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=85

Replies 1 to 20 of 240 Ascending

Thank you Ranjith. Finallay I was able to place an order last night to utilize the gift voucher . Actually the problem was that i could not buy whatever i liked. As per the pop ups by flipcart only products sold by `ws retail` could be bought through gift vouchers. The products in our wish like are not sold by the said ws retail. That saddest part was that the search for ws retail products took me a complete day. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

That WS Retail restriction was a part of the T&C of the Flipkart vouchers which were issued around a year ago. (This is the case with not just IndiBlogger vouchers but with all Flipkart voucher). But for the new vouchers, this restriction has been removed.

Anyway, glad that you were able to use the voucher. Laughing

Hai,

I was given a gift voucher for 1,000/ as  one of the runners in this contest. The last day to utilize it at flipcart.com is 21.11.2014. I have been trying to buy things with the voucher for a long time, but of no use. Every time I place an order, some excuse is popping up and the order is not executed. What to do with it? Is the voucher fake or real? Can anyone direct me what to do?  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Check your voucher balance here : https://www.flipkart.com/gift-voucher-balance 

If you are able to check the balance, then the voucher is valid.

Every time I place an order, some excuse is popping up and the order is not executed.

What error messages did you receive?

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sorry people, somewhere along the way, the last digit of your voucher code was replaced with a zero. We think the culprit was our old friend Microsoft Excel. Embarassed

We've just re-sent you the correct voucher codes. (The subject line of the email is "Your #FreshNHappy Flipkart voucher - corrected"). Those of you who won prizes for multiple posts, you'll receive multiple emails.

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
10 years ago

Thanks Renie. That was pretty fast from your side. And it worked successfully this time around.

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Easiest way to check your flipkart voucher validity and balance is here . Check out if it works!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats what i had done...its shows 'invalid attempt'

Anant Aggarwal
from Faridabad
10 years ago

Yes, me checked here as well.

Even this page says: "Invalid attempt. Either the card number or the pin is incorrect."

Karan Sampat
Karan Sampat
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I got invalid attempt as well...

Jini Maxin fernandez
Jini Maxin fernandez
from Ahmedabad
10 years ago

Hmm, i among the runners-up for this contest, but recd an outdated voucher. indiblogger team YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

My voucher shows invalid code too..!! :( :( :( : ( Pls help..

Recieved my vouchers too but none of them is working. I need your help IndiTeam. Renie, Ranjith please help me out!! FrownCry

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Received my e-voucher n badge.. 

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yet to rcv badges for Perfect Road trip and Smelly to Smiley. Or is it only grand prizes winners, who are going to rvc the badges?

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

All the winners receive the badges MeghanaSmile

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Oh ok, Bushra.. Thanks..

Thanks Mr.Ranjith for the prompt reply Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Thanks a lot Mr.Ranjith for prompt reply. 

I have seen the results of the contest just today . Congratulations to all the winners. Pleased that I have won a prize too(One among the sixty winners). But, how come I did not get any intimation about it. Neither did I receive any voucher. Can anyone please clarify?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Contest winners don't receive any mail informing about their win. 

It will take time for the vouchers to be sent. ( mostly around 1-2 months ) They will be sent either by e mail or through physical mail. 

Keep the address in your IB Profile updated so that the prize reaches you in case they are physical vouchers. Laughing

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Glad to know I won a voucher. Would love to win one of the main gadget prizes in a contest one day!

Please could somebody tell me the procedure for using the voucher prize? The voucher code will be sent to my email? Then I need to open an account with Flipkart? This was the case when I won a Snapdeal gift voucher for a previous contest. So is the process the same?

Shilpi Dutta
from delhi
10 years ago

I have no updates on the voucher that was announced in the colgate contest. Let the voucher reach us, let alone thinking about using it ..sigh

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The voucher code will be sent to my email?

You will either receive a physical voucher by postal mail or the voucher code by email. And if it is a Flipkart ( most probable ) you should open an account if you don't have one already.

Keep your address in your IB Profile updated. Laughing

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Renie When is the last date for Home Range review? Innocent

Please announce the deadline atleast one week in advance so that I can start writing! Foot in mouth

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Well, I thouroughly enjoy these contests for they involve getting out of your comfort zone, thinking out of the box, reading the forums, winning or losing and then starting again, and so much more. I would like to believe that my entry is always read! If I ever feel that the judges are not being fair and it is completely a lucky draw, I will stop participating. Till then...lets enjoy the ride!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Absolutely, Nisha! Let's enjoy the roller-coaster Blogging ride! Wink

I love the participation, the interaction, the healthy competition & the recognition. If my entry doesn't win, there's the next contest to look forward to! Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Let's enjoy the roller-coaster Blogging ride!

thats exactly how contests are..roller coaster....better enjoy the ride than crib

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

What I have obsereved in the winning posts is that either your creativity connects with the judge (which is very subjective) or your hard work really shows. Promotion helps too. There is a chance that consolation prizes are totally on luck. Being disheartened is natural... but don't give up.

Take these as writing prompts and compete with yourself! When you write for these contests, you tend to put more effort and the quality of your writing improves. Isn't that the reason we blog?

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

True Nisha.

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Hi Nisha...I concur with all the points you have mentioned...I would JUST like to add, "quality of writing" isn't judged at all here at all. They hardly read entries.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Very true, Nisha! I agree! You have covered all the points!

Even I like challenging myself & learning and growing! Smile

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Bad bad day for me! Congratulations to all the winners! Really thought my post was worth atleast SOMETHING! Nazar laggai hai mujhkoCry

BTW... Now I really don't think the judges read all the entries for the contest! 

U dint win "JustOne" of the contests and u think it is a bad day for you Innocent

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

"JustOne" Lol! I have put the effort of ten in that  "JustOne!" Anyways....It's alright! 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

they got tired of giving u prizes...Tongue out

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Now I'll break thier hands, legs...whatever I can! This is just the beginning! I'll show them what asli 'Tiredness' means....Smile I am never giving up!Foot in mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Now I'll break thier hands, legs...whatever I can! This is just the beginning! 

SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Bushra, so much violence for losing one contest? Surprised Surprised Surprised

I wonder what should bloggers like me do when they keep on losing left, right and center? Innocent Maybe kill the judges? Innocent Or kill all the participants so that only my entry remains? Innocent Sealed

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

haha.. true to d core "fairy princess" ...i agree!!

bt i truly wished to win atleast ths one.. i dont knw, mera khata kab khulega.. my post wasnt that bad :-/

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

princess lmao.....i nearly fell down laughing esp the last lineLaughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, good thing you didn't fell down....verna tiles kharab hoo jaate Laughing

Stuti, agar khata nahi khulta, don't worry. See to your left, I am sitting under the tree. Join me there. We will have snacks and watch everyone else Wink Cool

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

fairy princess.. sitting under a tree counting 50k would have been better ;)

n i wont mind chillin out under a tree for smtym in s'pore or thailand @ yatra contest :D

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Areee Stuti ma'am, 50K Rs. hote toh tree ke niche kaun baithega....shop mein na baithe? InnocentInnocentInnocent Aur Singapore aur Thailand jaake bhi kaun tree ke niche baithega? InnocentInnocentInnocent

Anyway, mere pass kuch nahi...mein toh baithi hoon tree ke niche....millna ho tab aa jana Cool

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Uffo! was in terms of virtuality! Tongue out Haath pair toot jayenge toh mujhe mera prize kaise denge!

Can't stop laughing reading your replies Pankti....Visibally rolling on the floorLaughing Lol!

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Pankti, Kya Karoon...Hoon Aadat se Majboor!  Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Laughing BTW, your Platinum entry is memorable due to liberal use of filmy songs WinkCool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks Pankti! But, Sacchi Yeh Kahaani Hai! Smile

I really love Hindi Movies & songs! There is such an amazing wealth of lyrics with songs to suit every occasion! Sometimes I think in Songs! WinkCool

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
One more result out and again I lose. As always I see some pretty average posts making it, some lengthy essays which just promote the sponsors, some with poor grammar, some with spelling mistakes, etc. As a cricket blogger, on a day when Sachin plays his last innings, I guess its only befitting that I quit these contests too. As it is, I am always only making up the numbers which I dont like especially when I think that my entries are not badly written.
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

DS, 'Winners never quit; Quitters never win'.

'Sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can'.

As Uncle Pai used to advise, the key is to 'try, try, try, till you succeed'. Let's keep trying wih a positive mind & hope & faith... Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago
DS, if you want to win, writing promotional post instead of what you like. You will stand better chance of winning. This is my observation until now when it comes to contests. I think I should start writing promotional post if I like the prizes; if I don't like the prizes, I can give in to my wish of writing fiction. Sigh....
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago
@Anita, I don't want to offend you but my opinion is, you can only try so much before you need to take a break to maintain your sanity. At least I would, and to be honest, I have already started doing so. I don't participate in every contest as I used to when I was green behind my ears :)
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

pankti annie was not promotional post...u won that Wink

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Fairy Princess, I just shared some quotes that have been motivating me for long! Smile

No offence, as a Contest Junkie I have learnt from experience- have mostly landed up with Consolation prizes like t-shirts & many times, with nothing at all! Wink Still, I take part with all my heart!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

anita...i like the term "contest junkie" ..Laughing 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, I won that contest cause it was not supposed to market any particular product aggressively...only a book. So the sponsors weren't interested to see how much marketing content the post had as long as there was the link for the book. That's my take.Smile

Anita, I am glad you are motivated enough to participate in all contests. It really takes lot of grit to keep on trying without being a winner. Smile I really admire such people. I am more of a quitter. I would rather sit on the side and watch everyone trying without feeling least bit inclined to try. Cool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

ND, Thanks! I have even written a poem about Contest Junkie (that's me!)

Pankti, Sometimes people feel I'm silly being a Contest Junkie as most of the times I don't win (despite having spent lots of sincere time & effort); but still I gather my never-say-die-spirit and move on with renewed faith! Smile Feels worth when efforts get rewarded! Great to win my 1st IB Winner's badge 2 days ago!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Anita, I am really glad for you. BTW, I never find it silly if anybody keeps on trying to do something despite repeated failures. In fact, those people impress me, and so I am impressed by you. Not kidding. Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

pankti ...sab contests same hai sponsors do want to market their stuff...and blogging contests are one of their marketing activity via social media...book is also a productWink but a creative person can include the marketing part subtely while remaining creative too ..

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Come on, DS - Not when your old friend is getting back into the circuit. Let us form the old team again. Btw, first thing I looked for in this contest resuts was your name and was disappointed not to find it.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, I can't see subtle marketing when I see some winning posts. And this is not about a single contest. In my 6 months, I believe I have seen enough contests wherein winners have blatantly marketed the products with grammar and spelling issues. Sigh...never mind, this discussion can go on and on without any conclusion.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hmmm...well i dunno..cos i havent read them all...the ones i saw werent blatant marketing...maybe i missed...anyways i'm least bothered..i guess rather than pointing at others we should check if we've lacked too somewhere...atleast thats what i do and realized i badly need to read harry potter/lord of rings and learn sketching or ateast buy some pencil/paper or some drawing apps,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Laughing ( just kidding...i'll never post sketch posts/harry potters posts come what may )Undecided

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Thanks Pankti! Smile

Abraham Lincoln is an example of "keep on trying to do something despite repeated failures". At the end he became the President of the USA! Such people impress me too!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

anita...theres a famous rumour that abraham lincoln is now a ghost in white house....so message is : everything is temporary in this world....if u win have fun...if u lose have some more fun...hum kya leke aaye the jo leke jayengeSmileCool

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nandini deka: Probably "babaji ka thullu"..

in response to lekar kya aaye the aur kya jayenge ;)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Very True ND! Philosophical note- "Khaali haath aye the hum, khaali haath jayenge..Has kyunki duniya ko hai hasana!" (Song from Kaho Na Pyaar Hai movie) Innocent

(We had come with empty hands, will depart with empty hands...Smile as we have to make the world smile!) Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Anita, you are truly filmy Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, yes...after reading the winning entries I have realized that I need to change my style of writing if I want to have those prizes Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
@ Anita - I appreciate your patience but then there is only so much I can do. I have been trying for more than 2 years, many times after submitting the entry, and reading other entries, I have felt that this time I have a good chance of winning something (I am not a greedy person, I dont even want that 1st prize worth many thousands.. Even a 1k voucher will make me happy), but never have I won anything. So I dont see any point in my continuous participation any further, I cant give any more time and effort and free publicity to the sponsors.
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
@ Fairy Princess - What you say is not entirely wrong, though its not entirely correct too. Not all entries are blatant promotions of the products but still win top prizes. And a quitter is someone who never tried, I have given it my all, I have not given in without a fight!! :)
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
@ TF - Our team will probably unite someday again, to lose together for sure, but for now I am out of this. Not seeing my name in the WeChat results (which had some 90 prizes) and now this one with 70 odd prizes has been heart breaking and a painful pill to swallow. Anyways I hope and wish that you have better luck in your second innings here and win more than just readers and appreciation!!

@DS..probably treating these contests with more seriousness than they deserve?

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

DS, what I meant is, most of the times the winning posts are boring and promotional but not always. Also, when I said "quitter," I meant myself as I tend to try 3-4 times and then quit Cool And I don't regret quitting or being called a quitter Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

I have realized that I need to change my style of writing if I want to have those prizes 

i dont think we need to,,atleast i'll never change mineCool i find some top winning posts outright boring too, but its all about luck....

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, I am talking about myself. Smile If I like the prizes and not the contest, I will write in a particular way (which I don't like personally); but if I like the contest without giving two hoots about the prizes, I will write it in the way I like. That's the conclusion I have reached. Cool

And when I neither like the prizes nor the contest (like the eBay one), I will sit under the shade of the tree, sip on my favorite drink and see everyone scurrying to write. WinkCool

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

DS, Key is to 'never give up'. I believe the 'best is yet to come'.

'Oopar wala jab bhi deta, deta chappar phaad ke!' God is watching & will reward at His own time & pace!

I also believe- 'Waqt se pehle & kismat se jyaada, kisiko mila hai na kisiko milega'. Still, I try sincerely so that ooparwala will someday be compelled to ask me what do I want & willingly gift me the same!!! High Hopes!

Even after working hard, if I don't win anything, like has happened with this contest and many more, I cheer myself that I'll win the grand prize in the next one! Innocent

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

right Anita.. optimism is the key to ultimate success.. bt jab zyada samay beet jata hai toh insaan thoda mayoos toh hoga hi na.. beech beech mein agar kuch prize mil bhi jata hai toh wat's d harm ;)

right tym wahi jab right cheez mil jaye :)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Stuti, Let's hope it's so! That we get 'regular returns' (prizes) on our 'investments' (time as effort)! Smile

Getting prizes yaani cheez, will make us say 'Cheese'! Laughing

Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

yes anita... coz it feels good to win :)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Right Stuti! Yeh Dil Maange Wins! Cheers to our future winnings! Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread