Help me to write a Short Story

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
I have to write a short story for a magazine...but they asked me to write a fictional one, which I'm not good at...when it comes to fiction all I can think of is the Harry Potter series... Can anyone help me out with ideas on the story...?? Later we can mutually enhance the story by co-authoring too...
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
Aersh Danish
Aersh Danish
from Kolkata
10 years ago

i have written some stories.. since 2008.. and honestly, the sad ones work better.. as in they re more popular.. try to get a theme, could be anything... try looking out in the world.. a tea seller... how sad and mundane his life could be.. but maybe he has a darker side.. maybe he was rich once... 

a new trending style in prose is interwining of plots... that is people write 3 tiny plots.. which feel independent but are interconnected.. like the tea seller plot only.. could be one.. you could have a rich family who lost their son... and a girl dying of cancer,, later relate it as the tea seller is the son who ran way and got disinherited.. ahd a daughter, who got cancer... now.. will he look back to his family for help? or his pride become an obstruction

there i created a plot right there

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wow. I seriously liked the plot Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i had done some 55 fictions on that line, all were independent as well as interconnected

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

ND, I will read that. What's the title?

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Aditya, which genre and what's the target audience of the magazine? Unless you write a story that would appeal to the magazine's audience, they won't accept it.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
It's mainly youth-based magazine...the target audiences are between age group 15 to 25
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Male or female? If it's male, you can try your hand on Sci-fi. If's its female, you can try on topics such as independence or relationships. First narrow down the genre. That would help you. And then you can find any other blogger to help you in that. If you want Sci-Fi, you can reach out to TF.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Both...sci-fi is so commön...I want to write a strory about special powers or something
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Sixth sense or clairvoyance? Or magical powers?

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
I have read sixth sense and magical powers...
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hmmm. I can give you an idea by the evening through Indimail. See if that works for you.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
I will be waiting for that..plz don't forget
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I will try to not to forget but if I do (as you already know me that's a high possibility Embarassed), please remind me. Embarassed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Sixth sense or clairvoyance? Or magical powers?

i'd love to read this

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Why not do a parallel universe collision? Although I dunno if thats fiction since I actually believe in parallel universes Tongue out Maybe do an Inception kind of fun exaggeration of the phenomenon. 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Sounds good....I used to write those typ of stories in my school days..they were damn cool
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Have you read Animorphs? Maybe there's an idea to replicate in some way.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Nope...I havent..do you have ebook link or something...?
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

No ebook links that are direct but I think you'll find the full series in torrents on sites like pirate bay. Its pretty worth the download, its not just limited to "touch and morph" it has quite a lot of stories intertwining about aliens and how they see our planet, and there's also a story in there where they use the Animorphs base to look at how the dinosaurs became extinct Tongue out 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Okk...I'll search on torrents
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

piracy is illegalSmile

LockSign in to reply to this thread