Aditya Gogoi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://slip-of-my-tongue.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Hi guys, do let me know what you think about my blog

Aditya Gogoi
Aditya Gogoi
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Well..what started out as a just something, turned out to be an outlet to my poetry. I just hope people like it.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Spelling mistake
Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Aditya,

Good that something turned out to be a good thing? :) Awesome I would say. Here is my review

• I found the template really open, readable. That is a good thing.
  • You dont have ads all over the blog, but the ones you do take a lot of screen real estate. Trust me, I never made more than $50 from the adverts. Though I keep them, they are subdued at the best. You blog to showcase your writing talent, or just to explode to a unknown world
  • The title is confusing a bit, with slip-of-my-tongue does not go well with tounge in cheek from a SEO stand point so suggest you better align the title and blog sub domain
  • Limiting commenting abilities for other bloggers could make them not comment.. I dont have a Blog on Blogger or Wordpress.com, though I use a self-hosted blog. To leave my blog url, I dont see any means. For those whom this matters could stop from commenting, at all if that matters to you.

And yes ofcourse, I liked the way you penned the poems.. All the best!

Aditya Gogoi
Aditya Gogoi
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Hemal,

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes ,The ads are indeed taking up some unwanted space. Also, I am a bit of a greenhorn in this SEO kind of thing.. Wish if you are free anytime, you would give me some more details. And yes, I have changed thsettings to enable anyone to comment. Thanks for pointing that out!

Regards,

Aditya

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aditya, when starting a new blog or a blog that has less than 1000 views a day... putting up ads will not be of any value.. trust me, I have been through it. So with Adverts, I would suggest be as minimal as you can and foucs on content.. Its content which will bring you visitors, not the ads. 

About SEO. 

Well I am not really a great SEO guy, but know a few bits here and there thanks to my interactions with bloggers and web designing work that I do. As you go through your blogging journey, you will learn a lot about this. 

There are a lot of articles on the net that will help you understand how SEO works and what you can do. As for the title, I will give you a small example.

I moved my blog from hemalshah.net/blogs to  http://indianomics.co.in last week. My blog title was Indianomics, however the URL never mentioned Indianomics. This could be a bit difficult for search engines to relate to content. But as google constantly updates its algorithm, things could change. But as a best practise, it is best to keep the title and the URL of your blog as same as you can. 

All the best, keep blogging.

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
10 years ago

The poems are bit too high-end for someone with my limited intellect :p, though I can tell you have talent. As for aesthetics, first, only 1 poem on a page. Nobody likes a tiny scroll bar. Second, a poetry blog with poem on a plain white background doesn't mix well. Try to work in something classy and retro.

Aditya Gogoi
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. Yeah, I am looking at options for a better background.Thanks again!