Get Published

C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It is three months to the day (as far as I know) since the results of the "Get Published" contest winners of Harper-Collins were declared. The stories were supposed to go through a process of re-writes through to publication. I am curious about when that book is expected to be out. Any idea, anyone?

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: typo
1-20
21-25
Replies 1 to 20 of 25 Ascending
Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

I am just wondering why no-one, neither from HCI nor from IB is responding to any requests for info anywhere on this.  I seem to be getting several emails on all contests except the one I actually participated in and won!  Forum heroes, IB admins, hello, anyone listening?  doesn't the query deserve the courtesy of an acknowledgement even?  Really disheartening.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

other members wouldnt know about it...only indi-admins ( the superior ones not the indi police ) would know...i'm surprised the book is taking so long

Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

Not directed at ordinary members, Nandini.  Thanks for your understanding.

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
9 years ago

More than a year since the results, more than 5 months since the last status communicated on this forum.  Would greatly appreciate an update. Thanks.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Well, I think this contest (or whatever it's called) was done over a year ago and still there's no book in sight! Phew!!!!! IMO, finding a publisher on your own and getting your book published (if you are a good writer) would have taken considerably less time than this! Anyway, best of luck to all the winners!

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Dear Anoop,

Would very much appreciate if you can post an update on this forum once all the bloggers have their mentors assigned and any further scheduling, if decided.

Thanks very much for all your help, as always.

Dr Debmita Dutta
Dr Debmita Dutta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Dear Anoop 

Thank you for the update.

It really makes the wait much easier.

I will wait patiently to be assigned a mentor then.

The wait is not a problem but it would be very nice to be updated periodically.

However now that you say that all those who feature on the winners list need not be worried and will surely make it to the book - I am very very relieved.

Thanks again

Palak Kapadia
Palak Kapadia
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I also haven't received any communication from HC or IB at all, neither has a mentor been assigned to me. Is there anything that can be done from my end? Or should I just wait for an update from you?

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Thank you, Anoop.  Will email my mentor.  Thanks for the pointer. I had no idea that action was to be initiated from my side.

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Its all about initiative. If you need your part of the story complete, then you must do everything you can. The rest who have been assigned authors as well should take the initiative of getting in touch with their mentors if they havent done so already and completeing the story. The sooner we do that the better, cause there will be more things to do after that.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey All,

There some changes in personnel in HC assigned to this and hence a delay. We are expecting things to get back on track soon. we will be recieving a few updates by Jan 20th. Hopefully we will have sorted out the hand overs etc by then.

Sorry about the delays etc but at the moment, it looks like there is going to be a wait.

If your story is short listed, you have nothing to worry about. Its the wait thats killing me too :-(

Nirvana
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Anoop. The wait really is killing - but updates like this would make it easier. I have recieved no mails regarding a mentor - so then I just wait for the mail, right?

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

We have to wait. The process involves finding an author who is free to take on the role. Last couple of months most have been on leave or busy with something, so I am hoping we can make faster progress this time around.

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Just wondering why there is no response and no timelines for this. 

Missed your last post, Nirvana, sorry.  Have been assigned a mentor in August last, but haven't heard anything since. 

Second Varsha, an update would be appreciated.

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Nilanjana, If an author has been assigned to you, please do email the author immediately and start working on your story. No one else is going to be involved in this phase but the author and yourself. Please do get in touch with the person assigned immediately and not wait for us.

You can copy me in the communication with the author just in case you need me to follow up on things. But the creative aspects of this phase is upto only you and your assigned mentor.

Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Have emailed and copied you as instructed.  Thanks much for all your help on this, Anoop.  Have a lovely week.

Dr Debmita Dutta
Dr Debmita Dutta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Dear Anoop

It's been a month since the last update.

Would love to know what is happening at your end.

I am still waiting to hear from IB and HC and really panicking now.

Another update would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

whoa!! this is taking time, wasn't it supposed to finish way back?? waiting for the book!

Dr Debmita Dutta
Dr Debmita Dutta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks for the update Anoop. 

@ Nirvana I am waiting to be assigned a mentor too

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Thanks for that very prompt response, Anoop.  Appreciate it.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hi Nirvana and Nilanjana,

Each story is being developed with one another author. About 7 different authors have been assigned to the stories. They all have been informed and are working on it. Three are yet to be assigned authors to work with. We will let you know the moment that happens.The mentor author is busy with her next book and mentoring one Get Published story as well :-) so yes, the forum has had less activity.

@The Fool: There are no real details to share. Its mostly creative work going on where a concept note for the book was written etc but its hard to share such things. Thanks for bringing up "that unique work of art". I knew I would regret it the moment i hit send! :-)

Nirvana
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you so much Anoop. @Nilanjana.... looks like you and I are among the 'last but not least' category in being assigned 'mentor' authors Wink ....

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

@Anoop

Just wanted to second Nirvana's post.  An update would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

There goes the myth that at least the authors know what is happening. Really curious about this unique work of art that 30 people are working on with even the authors kept in the dark.

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey All and Suresh for bringing this up.

I wanted to clarify a couple of things regarding the get Published initiative.

This initiative is not like our "commercial" contests that run on IndiBlogger where everything can be packaged and delivered within 30 days. Those contests are IndiBlogger's out of the box solutions where every department has fixed processes to handle.

I wish to not trivial the get published initiative by calling it a "Contest". For example, In the Get Published initiative there are over 30 souls collaborating to create what they are defining as a unique piece of art and in a commercial contest there are no more than 5 people involved at any given time.

At this time a few of the chosen bloggers have already been informed about the next step. Every author is going to or is already receiving individual attention on each story that they have written.

YES, This initiative will take time and lots of it because of the sheer attention it needs to go through while in production. It is a very creative process and I cannot thank the authors who are on the advisory board enough. We will reveal more to the public when it is humanely possible.

Thanks and ask away if anything :-)

Nirvana
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Anoop, thank you for the much needed clarification here. Was feeling kind of jittery myself, since there was no communication from HC about any of the next steps. Also, this is the fourth published anthology that I would be part of, and all the others somehow, had faster timelines than this. To add to the fact, the forum of Getpublished is also silent about this - whereas the forum was so active earlier, with the mentor author giving constant suggestions - that has stopped too.

Would it be possible to get SOME kind of timelines so that we keep our excited wannabe-author adrenaline under control ? Laughing

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Thanks to both of you.  Good to know that things can move so swiftly!

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Wow! That's just 4 weeks from results to finished book! Was it an IB contest?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It wasn't an IB Contest.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It wasn't as Ranjith says.

Nilanjana Bose
Nilanjana Bose
from Bahrain
10 years ago

Nandini, none.

Suresh, would love to hear details/your experience of the contest and the the publication process for Uff Ye Emotions.

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Quite a contrast Nilanjana! The contest opened Jan 1; last date was Jan 10; Results were declared by Jan 15th and the book was out by mid-Feb.  That may explain why I was surprised and curious that nothing was heard about the Harper-Collins book for so long. I also remember writing on the forum, immediately after the results were declared, hoping that the winners would not be disappointed too.

Ritesh Agarwal
Ritesh Agarwal
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Now that nilanjana says that she herself is clueless about the time frame, it appears that the publishers showing an unprofessional attitude. I do not wish to disrespect Harper Collins, an internationally reputed publication house which enjoyed decades of association with Agatha Christie. But their attitude is a bit disparaging to the blogging community. The way the contest has been handled throughout reflects that they are treating us like dimwits and expect us to treat them back like our rulers who can do whatever they want, change rules, change dates, make sudden announcemne, keep us hanging for eternity, and so on.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

wow in 1 month...and this one has taken over 1 yearSurprisedUndecidedCool

edit.....this supposed to be posted above in uff thingie below :|

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

May be they decided to release the book on Ib's 7 th anniversary. Innocent

1-20
21-25
LockSign in to reply to this thread