2nd review of adsense disapproved my blog for adsense :(

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi,

Can anybody help me with Adsense. I created my blog with (email 1) which goyt disapproved once when I applied for adsense.  Next I purchased a domain and continued to host from same (email 1) which was rejected earlier. Next time I created another (email2) which was completely unlinked to existing (email 1) from which my blog is hosted. I passed the first review, but second review they sent me following mail:

Hello, As mentioned in our welcome email, we conduct a second review of your AdSense application once AdSense code is placed on your site(s). As a result of this review, we have disapproved your account for the following violation(s): Issues: Site does not comply with Google policies

Can anybody help me out with the issue. I have changed the admin to my 1st review passed (email2) and dissociated my (email 1) from my blog account. Please help me!

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Ascending
Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

If Adsense rejected you, you can say "Good riddance" and forget it Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surprised

Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Aur kya. For the pittance these adsense folks pay, their trantrums are a little too much

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lol :D

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Purnendu. But I guess Google is doing right. It has been fooled many times before and after all to be a number 1 company, it has to focus on quality and quality comes from strictness :D

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Keep applying with same email id and use your own name (can't be changed later). they will eventually accept your application..  

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Vishal I meant the one which i used to apply with blogspt.com domain or new one from which i applied from my own current URL

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith the things you say about >  A responsive theme isn't required to be accepted to adsense. Many sites running adsense have themes which are not responsive. 

is a long time ago.  There are many personal blogs and not so popular which were approved by Google earlier when it was approving blogs left, right and centre. But now it is very strict.  As for the responsive theme, that I have it experienced myself.  Changing the theme got me adsense so cant argue with thatCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided

I don't like responsive themes. Undecided

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@vijay i am using blogger's simple theme with modification and I guess its responsive already. If I need to take from some other site like btemplates I am not able to select one which suits my blog :( if you know any other source let me know and i can buy also but not too expensive one thanks :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

here check this one out > http://www.supportivehands.net/chronicle-responsive-blogger-template/ or search for blogger templates in search box and select the one u like.  Buying is a good option but they cost around $20 -30 

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

That's the problem Vijay. Expensive they are :( hmmm I too had few hindi poems written in my blog which I removed now. Maybe they were creating problems for adsense. will check out the link thanks :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

i am using blogger's simple theme with modification and I guess its responsive already.

I think you got confused about what responsive is. You are considering the English meaning. A responsive template is the one which automatically adjusts to variations in screen size so that you can scroll through the pages using only the vertical scroll bar. If we make the browser window size smaller, to navigate in your blog, we need to use both the horizontal as well as vertical scroll bar. If you look at Vijay's blog, using the vertical scrollbar is sufficient. ( Mine is also non-responsive Foot in mouth )

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hmm Ranjith. Actualy when I saw the template html code which I am using it has different coding for mobile displays thats why i thought it being responsive :) :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

That is adaptive web design. Based on the device from which the user is viewing your blog, the server sends different versions of the same page.

For responsive design, the page is always the same. The changes are done on the client side.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Google 'responsive blogger templates' and you'll get many templates apart from those on btemplates. 

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

hmmm and one mre thing I had some hindi poems written and I get around 20% traffic from search are these problems with adsense I mean if it ooks for more traffic from search

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Dont delete anything Saurabh espedially your good traffic poems. just change the template, you get many free ones.  Hope you have understood what Ranjith has explained.  He has explained it very neatlySmile

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

yes vijay thanks :) I have edited many of my stories which had some adult words not permitted by google as well

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes Saurabh remove all the cuss words, words relating sex or like that.  That is strict no no with GoogleSmile

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

hmmmm thanks its a blogger simple template with some changes in the css and color schemes which i did according to my choice should i remove the changes?

and keep it simple? also one more thing i am confused about. Should i apply with email 1 which used blogspot.com url or with new unlinked email 2 which uses my current url? i will apply in november now waise :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Haha you and I dont have to pay to bloggersWink Google does and that matters RanjithCool My or your opinion doesnt count Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You forgot to press the enter key and now, I'm finding out which of your sentences are for me Tongue out

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith :) will put it up for sure :) and if for themes you can help :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Your current theme is fine Saurabh. A responsive theme isn't required to be accepted to adsense. Many sites running adsense have themes which are not responsive. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Surabh. Searching for prinvacy policy generators, I found this : http://www.serprank.com/privacy-policy-generator/

OR

Read this page and create your own privacy policy.Wink

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

and what bout the payment options? i would not like to go withift voucher type option EFT I have never used before so I have no idea about it :)

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
For gift vouchers the min payout is Rs. 250 only and for ÈFT Rs. 2500...EFT is a very prominant option, and nowadays every bank allows it...you just need to visit your local brnch and ask for it....cheque option is very time consuming bro
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@ Aditya so how will i be paid? in cash ? or account transfer as I see it's electronic fund transfer so they would require an account number or somehing else too?

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yup they would require an account number, and a few numbers like IFSC code etc..the process is quite simple
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Aditya. Got it :)

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Saurabh go any websites Privacy Policy page, copy the policy on your Blogger draft > new Page > name the page as Privacy Policy and change the name of the copied site to your site name and email and publish it Wink

As for affiliate Flipkart pays very less, you can also opt for Amazon.  You can put their books and novels on your site, You may get money through that

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
For books Flipkart is paying quite well... 10% of the price..itz great...and Indian people are more likely to buy from Flipkart than Amazon....I have made 5,000 frm Flipkart only last month
Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith you said something about affiliate links for the books how to put that? :) means how flipkart would know i ave put them?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Go to http://www.flipkart.com/affiliate/ and register. 

After registering, log in, on the left side menu, click the 'Product Links and Banners' link under 'Affiliate Tools' . Search for the book you want. You will be shown some results. Click the Get Link button / Get Banner button for the book you want. Add those links / banners to your blog posts.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith :) I marked them as fixed let's see and please if you can help me with the privacy policy thing as i used one before one removed it as i felt it's not needed by personal blogs

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

and one more thing if the post is deleted but it shows in google webmasters as a 404 error how to fix it ? or should i mark it as fixed?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

On that page itself ( the page where 404 error pages are dsplayed ) there is a 'Mark as Fixed' button. 

But

However, unless you resolve the underlying issue, the marked crawl error will reappear the next time Googlebot crawls that URL.

link

So, if you don't want the url to appear again, you must remove that url from all the pages from which it is linked. If the links to that 404 page are from your own blog then you can remove that link but if they are from other sites, then there us nothing you can do to resolve it. 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
He can use url redirection for such links..blogger allows that
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But there is really no point in using url redirection for such links and 404 is the correct thing. 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Too many 404s are not the correct things..am not talking about deleted comments here...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, but redirecting those pages to the home page / some other page is NOT the correct thing. Instead, the links to those 404 pages should be removed if possible.

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

migrate to WordPress, Use broken links checker.. Add nofollow, noindex to useless pages such as privacy policy, disclaimer etc. Add nofollow tags to site you don't trust.. remove copyright images, add alt and description in all images. let it google reindex your blog wait for few weeks apply again.. Keep Applying.. If you have some thing good.. They will accept your Adsense request.. If they again reject your app then make sure you have aged domain minimum 1 year old with some good backlinks.. 

They rejected mine once due to insufficient content.. and accepted after adding total 48 post... 

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Vishal :) i will keep applying but I also want to know if my name is creating a problem as they are not comletely disapproving me if name and number is a problem then i can change it and give my father's or mother's for approval and later can change it :) as i said that i created a completely unlinked email and 1st step of approval was done they rejected in second step that means i have a chance and I am making a mistake somewhere which they are catching and I am not able to get it :(

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Vishal can you tell me which one is good one to check for broken links and how to fix them as broken links I am not getting how to fix them? Also if any one can help me with a site for themes ? I would prefer free one and if required will purchase (budget not too good). :D

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Saurabh

Checking broken Links :

Search for 'check broken links' and you will get some tools. I checked your blog for broken links. They reported many broken links but are actually not broken. Those programs were not working properly. Tongue out

I would suggest Google Webmaster Tools. You can't run broken links test in it but it will report any broken links found when it is crawling your site. Go to Crawl > Crawl Errors and click the button saying 'Not Found'. The list of links will be displayed. If you click on the links, you will see the pages from which it is linked.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith :) The problem is not finding them but how to fix them like it showssome deleted comments 9spam ones) as proken or 404ones so how to fix a deleted comment? when it doesn't even exist :( google is crazy

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Broken links because of comments? Innocent Example? 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
If someone put a comment on ur blog and then removes it (provided comment moderation is not on)...then that deleted comment's link will gv a 404 error in GWT crawl errors....we dont need to fix it but other 404 error links can be fixed easily...if u r using blogger interface then go to dashboard>settings>search preferences..there will be option for permanent (301) or temporary (302) redirections
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Innocent

Really? A link to a comment is of the form www.blogname.com/postname#comment-number, so even if the comment is deleted, 404 error won't be generated because  www.blogname.com/postname still exists. Innocent

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@ Ranjith I checked crawl errors there were some links of posts which I deleted and for comments see this ut these are I guess from deleted posts only :)

20 2013/08/just-instinct.html?showComment=1376501202614 404 9/23/13 21 2013/08/the-truth.html?showComment=1377160178793 404 9/23/13 22 2013/08/the-truth.html?showComment=1376830025306 404 9/23/13 23 2013/08/the-truth.html?showComment=1377155430274 404 9/23/13 24 2013/08/just-instinct.html?showComment=1376577143308 404 9/23/13 25 2013/08/just-instinct.html?showComment=1376481676343 404 9/23/13

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes, they are because of deleted posts. Deleted comments do not give 404 errors.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The email matters, Ranjith.  Once you have been disapproved (not banned) from one email, if you reapply the bots reject the application immediately.  Applying from unlinked email does help.   But you are right about all other things.   Privacy Policy is a must with Adsense for any blog.  And personal blogs rarely make a cut unless you are a celebrity.  Saurabh if you have alexa of less then 4lacs then try for madads.  They provide adsense ads but with CPM rates.  

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

In that case, the bot can also keep a record of the website names instead of the email addresses, right? Tongue out

Vijay, did you try mad ads? I am also looking for some CPM advertising. Undecided

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

IDK Ranjith the email which I first applied for adsense was rejected immediately.  Something is linked.

And yes I have madads on my site.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Vijay you are right but if you apply again from same payee name and same number then I guess they disapprove immediately. I tried it yesterday so i am guessing it as with my name and disapproved (means they were considering me to be not suitable for their program) i applied again with some random name and number yesterday and they said the reason for disapproving being difficult site navigation. That means they will approve it if we change the name.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Saurabh Be careful. You can't change your payee name later on! ( link

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

yes I knoe Ranjith it cannot be changed. But if it has disapproved once completely and doesn't aprove again then lets see  I will not change the name :) lets c if i check for site errors and fix them and apply a new theme and will apply again after some time :) lets see what happens thanks Ranjith :) nd I guess if it gets approved and we contact them via support with a solid reason to change the name they might change i don't know I read it somewhere where the person was getting problems in collecting his payments from western union and he changed his payee name 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Saurabh as I said earlier, your site is difficult to navigate.  Put a nice responsive theme with plenty of menus less widgets and apply with new email id.  Personal blogs are not approved generally but if they said navigation is difficult than you should be approved

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Change the theme and reapply.  The google bot search for responsive theme.  And as Ranjith said personal blogs are rarely approved but no harm in trying Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Nothing to do with responsive themes Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

It has Ranjith, never argue with elders Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ok Tongue out

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks a lot for reply Ranjith and Vijay :) I will tell the problem in detail. I started the blog from email 1 with blogspot.com domain it got completely rejected. But my blog was hosted via same email. I purchased a domain with email 1 from blogger itself. Next i made a new email2 which was completely unlinked from email1. Now the blog was hosted from disapproved email1 and I applied from totally unlinked email2. Now they approved for 1st review which was not the case earlier and asked me to place the ad code in the site which I did. Next day I got mail with above reason. Now if content is copied then 1st review would not have been passed like in earlier cases. I made admin of my blog to the email 2 one which got 1st review approved and unlinked my disapproved email1 from my blog but still they say the same reason :(@Vijay can I use blogger themes to apply? and my theme is simple theme of blogger with color touches which I gave to it :P I got approved first step so it can get approved na? :) Ranjith Privacy Policy is needed in personal blogs as well ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The email address which you used shouldn't really matter! ( I think so ) 

May be you did some changes to your blog before applying for adsense the second time. 

Coming to privacy policy, I'm not too sure but I hear many people saying it and also that page from the Help section of Google Adsense says so. So, it doesn't harm your blog in any way. Better to add it. Laughing

And coming to duplicate content. That is not an issue! And duplicate content in this context doesn't mean content copied from somewhere else. Laughing

I repeat what I said : No can can really tell what went wrong - the issues could be with your blog, or may be they don't accept too many personal blogs, or may be they already have too many sites in their network which deal with a topic similar to yours etc etc

And one suggestion : You already post book reviews. So, why not add affiliate links from Flipkart or some other site for those books?

There are many many to earn from your blog. Adsense is one of them. 

Also, try other ad networks like Yahoo, BuySellAds, etc

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith. I will do when i would be fed up of adsense. But right now as I created a new unlinked e-mail and as i said in my above reply that i guess payee name is making a problem can you throw some light on it please :) as i see that two accounts with same payee names are not allowed i guess and also the mobile number creates a problem. I will apply again after some time and I will change the theme as well as try to add more posts and build some traffic :)

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Coming to adsense, the reason which you gave is the one given by the adsense team for most of the rejected websites. No one can really tell what why a site was rejected for adsense.

Add Privacy Policy to your website. link

But I think that it is difficult for personal blogs to get approved by adsense ( It's just my thought, not necessarily true )

Laughing

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith can you help me getting approved please :(

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I myself was rejected. Tongue out 

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

yesterday i applied again from my email 1 which was completely disapproved and url was with the blogspot.com which now redirects to my url and voila they rejected saying the reason is difficult site navigation. Also, I changed the payee name and number and they didn't completely disapprove me like they did earlier. I guess its a game of payee name and number which once blacklisted cannot be used to apply again i guess and by blacklisted i mean completely disapproved and not partially. Can anybody help? :)

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

site name..is it the one listed in your profile if yes then..

Siteliner scanned this site and found 5% duplicate content and 166 broken links.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Vishal for replying. I check Copyscape and it says no links found for this site. Thanks for letting me know the broken links will have a look at them :) And any other thing which you see as an obstacle for my approval please let me know. I have applied yesterday again and removed all traces of my disapproved (email 1)  which linked to my blog. Hoping to get approved this time. Ad also if there was copied content, they would not have passed the first review I guess please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again :) have a good time.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Saurabh Duplicate content is not copied content. It is the content which appears at more than a single place in your blog. For example, when you post a new article, a part of it is shown on the homepage and the same article also appears on the post page of that blog entry. 

However, you need not bother about such duplication of content as it happens on all blogs and is not a major issue. 

But, do fixed the broken links, if there are any. ( not just for adsense, but to make your site look good ) Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread