Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

lol my typos.. "big prizes"

Shruti
Shruti
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Not all the riches in the world measures up to what bling is to girls :) :) have a great time cherishing the bog prixzes.. all worthy winner :) :)

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

and dubbed for the Nilesh Mishra radio show too! 

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

My earrings arrived, they are gorgeous and simply stunning. 

so delicate looking yet sturdy. thanks again for this wonderful opportunity IndiTeam and PGI! 

feel blessed, feel loved, feel platinum!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats...do post picture

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

don't share any pictures publicly, just sayin for security purpose...

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes to both ND and AC

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

Congratulation Heena... :)

I am also waiting for my rings(love bands). PGI took our ring sizes so lookes like they are making it now.

But sadly I wont be in India by the time it will come to me :( So need to wait for flaunting it :P )

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

yes...i want a badge tooo....

and my earrings

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

Got calls from indiblogger and PGI, and they are working on the prize.

But what about the badge Renie? Please make one badge for this contest too :)

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
10 years ago

Hey Guys, I know I am not one of the winners in the contest, but my article was the article of the year 2013 for my blog - Got lots of lovely comments on the blog, facebook and twitter and lots of fan following in social media and indiblogger! It was a winner for me - the love I received from all circles!

Come on guys, we love indiblogger and indibloggers. Let's not squabble about who won, who lost - ultimately, it was some of us!Smile

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Peace... Amen!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How did I miss all this discussion? Innocent

Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u were watchng telugu movie inkosariWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Money mouth

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yeah. Let us close this here. We will acknowledge and respect Ankit's point of view that he personally does not agree with the judgement in this contest.  But that is his view point and does not make any of the winners undeserving.

So let us leave it at that and have no more discussion on this topic. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ok i'm doneCool!

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Guys just lets keep our cool. dont go mudslinging on each other...

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Sweta, nothing personal with you, i am just talking in general... all i can say is ur lucky that ur name got selected.. i am not against you nor ur entries, i am simply not happy with platinum team.. that's it...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

you are also lucky your name was selected for microsoft 365 contest....damn we hate the microsoft team so muchWink

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank god, that was not a female biased contest :P

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

that was techie biased contest...advantage to tech bloggers ( like you )WinkCool

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

No one stopped girls to do research if they like to do so Tongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

the point is lets not cry sour grapes and blame the world as biasedWinkSmileCool you win some, you lose some....

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Anymore discussions on this topic and I am locking this thread. If Renie wants, he can open it later.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I am locking this thread

You once said that Renie told you not to lock contest threads :P

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ranjith - After the way the other thread I did not lock escalated out of control, I feel it is better to lock it and leave it to Renie to unlock it later.

Dipti
Dipti
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Guys, lets be a little sporting here. We all are winners in our own ways, and we should appreciate and accept the judges decision. Stop pin pointing to each other and inturn insulting the blogosphere with your own judgements!! BE A SPORT PLEASE!!

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I really didn't like entries which won frankly other than of Sakshi.. I didn't mean to offend anyone, i am just writing what i felt.. i am not saying that mine entry was the best, but i have seen many other beautiful entries as well, hence i didn't liked the judgement of Platinum team. I am no way angry from indiblogger team since it's not in their hands as well. People do get curated comments, that's not a new thing here which is liked doing a blackhat practice to win contests. Thank god, i am honest and doesn't indulge in doing any such practice.. For me, Respect is first!! Never die for comments :P

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

What happened, boss? Surprised to see this from an old timer. I mean over the years we have seen all kinds of results from different sponsors, haven't we?

Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

oouch.... 

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thumbs up man! Thumbs up! Laughing

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

The comments do not affect the results. Do they?Undecided

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Indeed they must not effect... but every contest has diff parameter of judgement plus diff persons... you never know what criteria they are looking for... these are the marketing guys who look after contest.. they are not emotionally attached to you nor they care what you're writing for them. What they actually need is the widespread coverage of their products.. and Indiblogger is a great platform for that..

So, i believe, while judging, if they see any post with numerous comments, it gives an impression that this blogger has got a good coverage and can be considered as winner. Who cares for reading 326 love stories and finding out original from it? Even i wrote true story of my life, but i am not a winner and i am absolutely fine with that..

But it's totally blackhat when you see a contest article with lots of comments and other posts hardly getting even a look.. Isn't that is ironical.. If you're a blogger, be proud for being that.. getting comments shall not make you any better.. write what is right and you'll see a supporting fan following automatically... Purba Ray is a great example for that.. and i am a fan of her...

But from now i have decided, never to take part in contest related to females in any way.. There is only .1% chance for boys winning those no matter how much better they may wrote any article...

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

I am one of the Top winners for this contest, I would like to clarify here that before the results were announced I had just 4 comments on this post of mine. Otherwise also I am not someone who gets lots of comments or votes in Indiblogger. I am bad at publicizing or socializing and I have no problem with people who can do it well. I am very sure that votes and comments does not have any role to play in resulst however.

All of us always write our best for such contests but only few can be winners and Its judge's decision and liking which select one post over another. So at the end of the day it's the one who is paying for the prizes wins and that is the sponcer.  

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

you had won some microsoft 365 lumia thingy..was it case of blackhat blah blah too? I mean what appeals to you may not appeal to others...you mention you are fan of someone's blog here, i find that person's blog utter boring....so it depends person to person i guess...what we like or dislikeSmile

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

+1 ND

You spoke my mind ... Smile

Partha Sadhukhan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

At times you can be little diplomatic dude..Sealed

Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Nandini, i wrote that entry microsoft entry sooo well, that it is still getting shared again and again on their facebook page and sometime it benefits them on commercial point too... That entry took 4 days of mine.. and i am proud for what i wrote for them..

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

everyone feels proud of their own stuffSmile......................i refered that other contest cos you mentioned some blackhat blah bah stuff ....so u can compare if your win was by such dubious means too as you are so blatantly accusing others here...thats all.Wink cheers

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I received the following mail Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

invisible mail?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes! Hobbit sent it :P

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congratsSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:P

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Are those mails real or is it a prank like that flipkart headphones? Money mouth

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

real for those who believe in them :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:P

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

'Real-life stories are safe to be declared as winners as they are least prone to piracy'

I wrote a real-life post for this contest. My wife too, wrote a real-life post for the contest.Smile

Both me and my wife were accused of plagiarising one another's post and ousted from the contest.Cry

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

LOL

Dr. Lawrence Kindo
from Shillong
10 years ago

So sorry to hear that you were accused of plagiarism. I think your story your right from the heart. All the best for your life togetherSmile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hahaLaughing

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile Was just kidding. Actually neither me nor my wife has much of a story to tell. But thanks for your thoughts, doctor!Smile

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Hmmm... All winning enries are real life ones!

The truth always wins, as they say!Wink

Congrats winners. SmileYour posts were real nice and deserving!

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

And my mail read:

We are glad to receive your participation for this contest. We were honored  by your august participation in our contest and wanted to reward you for the same.

However we were challenged to fit you in any of our winning criteria. To start with, though you know and we know that you are the most popular blogger in the entire universe, we could not find sufficient documentation to back the same in terms of traffic statistics or comments. Secondly you do not belong to the customer segment we were targeting for our product. If we had got wind that that you would be honoring us with your esteemed participation, we would have introduced a product customized for you and accordingly announced a contest for the same.  Thirdly, though technically your post content met the contest criteria, it did not match the letter and spirit of our intent in organizing this contest. And since you subitted on the last day, it was too late to change the same to accomodate you.

We have heard of your losing record in contests and offer you our sympathy. We however regret not having any consolation prizes here for you. But hope anyway you can console yourself. Out trinklets would be little consolation for you. After all as you have indicated in you post, a jewel has no value for your loved ones unless bought with you own hard earned money.

Love

Team Platinum

LockSign in to reply to this thread