Sweety Pateliya would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://chinkslounge.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 49

Want an honest opinion about blog.

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
10 years ago
Hey guys, I am Looking for my areas of improvement. Your reviews might help. Thanks.
Edited 9 years ago
Reason: Validate for the current review week.
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Sangeetha
Sangeetha
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Hi Sweety Pateliya

Been to your blog, first impression is good!! Blog is neat and crisp, pleasing colors and writing style is simple and easy!!

However your blog says fiction and poetry, and you have reviewed a product recently. As a first time reader it was confusing and i went back to check whats your blog them is all about and then wondered why have you reviewed a product?

Though its purely upto as the author but reader's expectations from your blog might be vary which you might want to keep a check on.

Other than that beginning of the post is quite nice and lovely to read, i loved how nicely you made the post sound; it was more like i was listening to a convo than reading a new blog.

That said, you might want to add some SNS buttons to your blog?

Hope this helps you, goodluck

Sangy

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
Thanks Sangeetha. I get what you are saying. Though the main areas for my blog is fiction and poetry, I do participate in the IB and other such contests. And so the review. I think I should add a different page especially for such contests. Will definitely add more SNS buttons:) Thanks a ton.
CRD
CRD
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hi Sweety. Had a look at your blog. Here's my feedback:-

1) You've chosen a very clean layout for your blog. You haven't crowded it with pictures, badges and widgets on the sidebars. Of course, there are cons of not using widgets, but it's very easy on the eyes. The white background is nice - that's a comment I can't believe I've made, coz I LOVE black.

2) I think you should add a widget for labels/categories on your blog. You will appreciate the fact that people tend to have a leaning towards a few genres. For instance, not everyone is fond of poetry. Labels will help visitors explore your blog better and look for things they are more interested in. And if they like what they read from the genre of their choice, they might like visiting again, and then maybe eventually try reading stuff outside of their preference zone. That would be some achievement, nay? But you'll need to make it easier for them.

3) I like the fact that you have a lot of pictures on your blog. Many bloggers only use text, which can eventually become an eyesore, even when the writer is not at fault.

4) I don't know if this is a 'default' layout option offered by wordpress, but I see you have an 'ABOUT' button on the top of your blog. But when I click it, I see a very small description, that doesn't justify the need for a separate button. Maybe you could bulk it up a wee bit.

Nice blog. I like your choice of topics. The time and effort you put into each post shows.

Blogrolling you.

Cheers

CRD

Will appreciate feedback on mine :)

Sweety Pateliya
Sweety Pateliya
from Nagpur
9 years ago
Thanks CRD for a detailed feedback on my blog. Much appreciated. Yes, I am the kind of person who don't like to stock up a page about myself. I believe my writings can say for themselves. But it is a default layout in WP as you mentioned. I will try a similar theme with different layout where categories show up as buttons and not default pages. Implementing point 2 right away. Thanks a ton. Will checkout your blog and get back to you soon:)