Sandhya Iyer would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://yourstruly-motormouth.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 36

Looking for comments and feedback

Sandhya Iyer
Sandhya Iyer
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hello Folks!! I've been blogging for a while now, a year to be precise. I'd like to get some very honest opinion about my blog.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Sandhya - I think your blog is perfectly fine for a personal blog. As you say in your header, it's all random as most personal blogs are. You have a good writing style, and the template is clean and pleasant.

Your twitter account - no tweets? And about that broadband service provider you're complaining about, let me guess - Dishnet? Smile

Why don't you try out an IndiBlogger badge?

Sandhya Iyer
Sandhya Iyer
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey Renie!

Thanks for the feedback! It's really encouraging to see folks read my stuff.. As for the service provided, it was Hathway.. :( Ah! Tweets.. i'm bad at the networking phenomemon :)

LOL!

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Well, since you say that you are random, maybe you will get only random visitors!

OK, jokes apart. First of all, I like your template. Its another matter that sometimes I think I like ALL blog templates other than mine! Just one thing - the header image makes it difficult to read the words 'and insanity' (maybe it proves the words....) How about changing the colour of the header text to make it more readable?

Your choice of subjects is truly random - just as any personal blog should be. Now that's a Catch-22 situation, isn't it? How does any person decide how a personal blog should be for another person?

Your Shelfari widget shows very few books - there are ways in which you can show three books per row as against the only one per row which yours depicts. Unless, you WANT it like that. But if you are wanting to show your bookshelf to the readers, you might as well showed more of them, what?

i don't know how particular you are about getting readers to comment - but a personal blog runs a risk in my opinion. Readers will return to your blog only if they like your writing style, not otherwise. The number of personal blogs is increasing faster than anyone can cope with. I started adding the personal blogs I liked to my blogroll but very soon, I think have lost track of what I want to read and what I can skip. Compared to personal blogs, those blogs that are focussed to a certain topic will attract a set of readers repeatedly.

So i suppose the choice is between getting few of the same readers again and again - or getting a random mix of readers who happen to bump into your blog.

Keep writing, nevertheless. I have added your blog to my blogroll - in the fervent hope that I will not lose track of it, like I have of many others.

Regards,

Pushkaraj

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Venky
Venky
from Chennai
14 years ago

hey u r a frnd of sowmi, right. u have pretty nice, beautiful template and widgets, only thing i dont like is how to stop the I pod thing it takes away my precious download space