Neelima would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.travelwithneelima.com ] IndiRank: 64

Please review my travel and photography blog..

Neelima
Neelima
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I started blogging last year so to say, but i have been more active only lately. I write about my travels and treks in India. As i discovered through my sojourns, India is indeed Incredible. Its just that many fail to recognize its potential and that's mainly due to lack of information. I like to travel to offbeat locations which are still pristine and not yet commercialized. I do blog about those places too. Now i am still in a fix that should i publizice and cause its commercialization indirectly in some small way or let the place be in its obscurity! :-S

So people, please review my blog and let me know how you find the content and the presentation? And also do present your views on the issue of writing about undiscovered uncommercialized places.

ponderingmusings.blogspot.com

Cheers,

Neelima.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: updated the hyperlink
Replies 1 to 1 of 1
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
14 years ago

Hi Neelima,

Loved your blog! I love to travel, but have had very little opportunities to travel in India.

Coming to your blog, what I like about it, is that you provide the 'right amount' of information regarding the place. You maintain a balance between your thoughts about the place and the place itself.Content is good.

From a design aspect, my personal view is that the black background is distracting. (I voted on your blog poll too!) You could change it to a more lighter background or white.

Pondering musings or quintessential drifts? Well, the banner just does not seem to be doing justice to your blog tagline. It appears crowded and noisy. I would suggest changing the banner.

Pictures of Himalayas are breathtaking! Awesome shots!

Regarding the issue of writing about hidden gems and publicizing them, well, my take would be to write about them. Such places may not make it to travel channels or travel agents, but offer a great vacation than their commercialized counterparts. Every stance does have a downside, and with this, I am just hoping they don't get commercialized Smile

Now, that I know which blog to go to Smile I intend to catch up on my travels when I come to India!

Neelima
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thank you so much Adarsh for reviewing my blog!Smile And nice to know another traveller..seems like not many travel freaks on IndiBlogger.. Cry 

I have been thinking a lot about the black background. On one hand i feel the black BG presents a nice contrast for the images but on the other hand, the contrast makes it hard to read...  have been going back and forward with the idea of changing color.. will work on it soon..

well, about the banner..I guess time for a change! I would enjoy making a new one.. Laughing Thanks for pointing it out..

Exactly my feelings about the lesser known places.. I just hope all the unknown jewels scattered all over the country don't get commercialized!

And thanks again for the sweet words.. Smile