Sanyam Khurana would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.thegeekyway.com ] IndiRank: 58

Please review my technical blog on tutorials of programming, web development etc

Sanyam Khurana
Sanyam Khurana
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hello bloggers !

I have a multi-author blog, and would like to know how are we doing.

We're writing technical tutorials on various programming languages, web development, linux and other open source stuff.

So, would like to know your opinion on the blog.

Genuine opinion and criticism is always welcomed, it would ensure us to blog better.

Thanks.

Regards

Sanyam Khurana

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Sanyam Khurana
Sanyam Khurana
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Hi, so someone who is there to review it..

I've been not able to update it since long due to my exams but I surely will..

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Sanyam Khurana I think you were eagerly waiting for someone to review your blog and that's why I thought to go through your blog and let you know what I think about your blog.....I can understand that because of studies and exams you may have not been able to update your blog but I hope that soon you will start updating it. 

Here is the review for your blog Sanyam

Logo which you have used for your blog is very stylish but I will like you to make some changes to if if possible. You can make it little smaller or add some colors to the logo.

Your blog is a very good looking tech blog Sanyam. I think after your exam you should start reviewing gadgets too so that your blog will get more reputation and exposure.

I am not into very technical things so for me technical tutorials are not very worthy, but you should definitely continue writing such tutorials as such tutorials may be helpful for many. Sanyam try to do proper keyword research before you write any tutorial as it may help you in getting more search engine traffic. I think you must be an engineering student and that's why you have decided to write such type of technical tutorials.

Sanyam you are writing posts in a good way and you are making use of images in perfect way, but you need to do some changes. In some of the posts I found that you are using the Bold feature too much which you should definitely reduce. You should use the Bold function only for sub titles. May be it was a guest post through which I went.

I just tried to do a fast review. If I was harsh then am sorry. I am just waiting for your exams to get over so that I will be able to see many interesting posts on your blog. I wish you All the Best for your exams.

Darshan Gajara
Darshan Gajara
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hie Sanyam,

Credits for your Header and Logo. It is very wisely placed. Doesn't occupy much space, is well measured.

The color scheme of the Blog goes well with the content available on the Blog.

Try making your Google Plus widget a little smaller, also the number of tweets displayed in the Twitter widget should be reduced. The present count feels a bit bulky.

Coming to the Footer, the Disclaimer, DMCA & Copyrights image icons are not well aligned. Doesn't affect much though, but should be aligned for a better view.

The Ad widget displayed just above the Footer is incomplete, or is falsely placed. Some part of the image seems to be missing. Try placing it near to Ads on the sidebar. Presently it's showing Flipkart products in the sidebar. Tell me why would one go to the bottom of your Blog and then search for the products on flipkart. There's a better chances of using that search bar if it's placed somewhere near the flipkart ads in the side bar instead of just above the footer.

Alignment of the Articles at the center of the homepage is better, just take care of the image resolutions before posting an article. The images in the article on the homepage gives a stretched effect. The resolution is just not perfect.

Hyperlinks in the Header part, work only when the text is clicked, whereas it should be working even when the respective field area is clicked. For e.g. One needs ti click C for visitng the C page, instead it should be working fine even when the field area of C is clicked. 

The quality of the content is good and original, though not much content is made available for now. This can be neglected because the Blog is still under the building process.

You've added the hyperlinks to the pages which still doesn't have any content in the Header, this should be avoided. Try adding those Categories (hyperlinks) to the drafts in your WordPress dashboard. Once any content is created for the same, it can be posted & set running.

Would you like to visit a Blog which didn't have any content in the mentioned Categories when you once visited? Even if there's a notice like "Content to be uploaded soon", would you care to re-visit? The answer will be NO in the most of the cases. That's called loosing the bounce back rate of your Blog. Hence, avoid such situation and try following the suggested remedy.

My rating on first appearance (Overall look of the Homepage): 7/10