Time to #DoRight!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New IndiChange contest people, with a different format - entries will be displayed as soon as they are submitted, since the topics will change every few days and promoting your entries for a good cause is a good thing!

Contest: http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=103

Check out DoRight.in to see the journey so far and the completed half-stories!

1-20
21-40 41-47
Replies 1 to 20 of 47 Ascending

I almost quit writing for IB contests. But I checked today that I am one of the winners of Rs.5000 for DoRight tweets. I came here to check the discussion on this and disappointed about the way it's hanging in the middle. If it were other cash or gadget prizes, I am sure there would have been a flow of discussion happening here.

Simply Bogus
from Bogus island
9 years ago

after participating in the event you yourself have no time to visit this thread within these 2 months and you're being judgmental about other bloggers populating contest threads!!! Laughing 

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
9 years ago

I didn't specifically mean other bloggers. The comment I made is directed to me as well.

Preethi Venugopala
Preethi Venugopala
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Thank you Nandhini and Anita.. Honoured to be the winner of the second half story.

Renie..Is there a badge for the winner of the half stories?

Would love to flaunt it on my blog...:)

Baba Yogesh
Baba Yogesh
from Kanpur
9 years ago

Hello. Am new on indiblogger. This may sound naive, but how does one submit entries for any of the trending topics?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You can see the trending topics list here   IndiVine --> Archives button under Trending topic (right side )

Almost all the trending topics are contests with prizes.

If it is not a contest, you can submit a post by clicking the submit button. example screenshot

If it is a contest, you can submit a post only if the contest is open. You will find a submit button on the contest page itself.

Contests which are currently open

In search of Incredible

My Beautiful Food!

Beauty has an address!

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Any updates? The winner of the fourth half story hasn't been announced yet. 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The next half-story has been announced, along with the winner of the last one! Smile

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
10 years ago

Congratulations Preethi! An honour to win this one Smile

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Renie, What about the Twitter winners for both the Half Stories so far?

Congrats Preethi! Cool

Bhargav Kesavan
Bhargav Kesavan
from New York City
10 years ago

Submitted my post. Not sure if i got the 'half story' theme correct or not, this is my first post of this kind. Posted it crossed mid-night 03/21!Felt good while writing it. One of the post written from heart. Thanks for such topic.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hope I am not late! Just submitted my post Smile

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

One more day to make the blog post count! :)

Govind Mehrotra
Govind Mehrotra
from Delhi/ NCR
10 years ago

What are the gratifications in this contest?Foot in mouth

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Gratification: Multiple Chances to #DoRight & feel good.Innocent

For every Half Story, the best blog post wins INR 20,000 and the best tweet wins INR 5,000; the prizes will be donated towards a cause of the winner's choice.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

mann ki shaanti ke kuch aacha kiya bina swarth keSmile

When I click on the view post button, the link opens up but then I dont see the promote post option. I was informed that others dont get to vote for my Doright posts as well. I am able to vote for all other indivine posts. This is only with the Doright posts. Am I the only one facing this? Please help.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It looks like a bug on Do Right contest pages. @ Renie ! Undecided

Till Renie fixes it, you can share the direct link of your IndiVine post. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I too faced the same. But, then I found that promoting a post is possible by clicking on the "More" buttonSmile.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
10 years ago

That works, Anita. Thank you Laughing

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

That's great! Pleasure, Nandhini Laughing

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Just to clarify that the there are 8 more days to write a blog post for this half story. The window for donations which was stated in the email as 10 days can be lesser too; depending upon the awareness created and how many people actually make the donation.

But the sooner blog posts are written and submitted it will help with creating awareness when the donation window is open. So keep the posts coming and all the best!

Keep Blogging!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Do wish the window for donations is kept open for a longer time...

As I type this, the time left is - 14 hrs:27 mins.

Why such less time for the donation window? A longer duration would have helped collect more donations...

Lakshmi G
from Chennai
10 years ago

I am now confused .. is there only 14 hours left to write? Because donation window closes then? As per my plan, I am about to do my post either tomorrow or definitely (max) day after. 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Something's definitely wrong - there are seven days left! Anita, could you check again please?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

On the contest page, the time remaining is being shown as 7 days. 

On the doRight page, it is being shown as 12 hours. 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Renie, Didn't mean to cause any confusion! Innocent

7 days left for completing the #HalfStory i.e for submitting our Blog-Post.

But, few hours left for the Donation Window (as shown in Ranjith's 2nd Screenshot)

I wrote to @WeDoRight in Twitter that the timeframe should be longer to aid donation. They replied that they will update us.

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Delighted that the Do Right Team has extended the time-period for accepting Donations! Cool

The 4 additional days will mean more collections for the good cause. Laughing

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Glad that this new Half-Story video is shared.

We can now post our entry for #DoRight (by Blogging about the Half-Story about the Raghurajpur craftsment & their art.)

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes you can, and do post soon! :)

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Yes. Will do surely. Smile

Sweta Biswal
Sweta Biswal
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

A topic very close to my heart as I belong to the same state. These are beautiful painting which have not got their due.

As there seems to be a lt of confusion as to how to submit one's entry, plz visit the link here : http://www.indiblogger.in/indivine_submit_topic.php?id=103 to submit your entry.

Sangeeta Sharma
Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you so much! I can't believe this....my first win here (the others have been consolation ones) and oh what a way to win it! I had written this in angst and never thought anyone would even bother to donate a single penny towards the kids. I am so glad that I have been proved wrong. Do let me know how to proceed, guys. I do have a few charities in mind.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats on winning something you had your heart set after.

Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks, TF. For the first time, I have received something that I wanted so bad.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

congrats!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Congrats Sangeeta! Really wonderful to #DoRight Cool

Sangeeta Sharma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Nandini and Anita, really an amazing feeling...

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The next story is up, and the winner of the last story has been announced! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=103

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Is the next half story out? I visited the website but got confused. Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

No, not yet. 

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I want to #DoRight & take part in this wonderful cause.

I have the following queries/observations/suggestions:

1. The latest video is - "Half Stories @ Mumbai", right? As per DoRight.in, Half-Stories has reached Mumbai.

(Our current Half Story at Mumbai showcases a different perspective of the city, by giving Shahin & Chetan, students of Koshish School for the Deaf, a chance to express themselves through a new medium - photography!)

Strangely, the http://doright.in/route-map/ doesn't show Mumbai. Why?

2. Please could we know the last date of each submission in advance? Deadlines help!

3. There will be half-stories for all the places the DoRight Team has visited, right? Would have liked a list of expected/tentative half-stories. Looking forward to Eastern India story/stories... When will it be featured?

4. We don't know till when this will be on... As per the rules, "Contest closes when the last half story is complete."

A bit more clarity on the above would help... Can involve more to #DoRight.

Sanjana Mehra
Sanjana Mehra
from New Delhi
10 years ago

This is so interesting!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

The thank you video for the last half story is out, but the next half story is yet to be released! 

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Where is it Renie?

Lakshmi G
from Chennai
10 years ago

Thank you for updating us here Renie.

hmm.. surely will participate .. 

Pritam Thakur
Pritam Thakur
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Hi,

When will the new half-story be posted ?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If I remember correctly, IB has sent a mail containing the second half story. But I am unable to find it now. Undecided

Or am I hallucinating? Innocent

EDIT:

... Probably hallicunating.. Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

r.u r hallucinating...i didnt get any such mail

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sealed

It think it was the facebook doright update I saw and thought that it was the next half story. Undecided

1-20
21-40 41-47
LockSign in to reply to this thread