Success Rate Of A Travel Blog

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I wanted a fair advice of the members of Indian Blogging Community. As we all know, the blogs relating to technology, coding and other technical fields get larger feedbacks and pageviews compared to other topics of blogging.

I had in mind, the plan to start a travel blog where in I would inculcate all the points of a particular place.

I wanted to know, In comparison to other topics of blogging, how successful (or lets term it as : popular) is a travel blogging topic.?

What is the response, a normal blog of travel receives or pageviews per day?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Ascending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Travel is really big right now, just look at the latest campaigns on IndiBlogger - and we have more coming! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

SurprisedCool

... but return tickets are the least interesting prizes Undecided ( Not that I will win them but incase I win, I will have no idea what to do with them Money mouth )

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

...  but incase I win, I will have no idea what to do with them Money mouth 

@Ranjith: ... You can pass them on to me! Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Tongue out

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks a lot everyone for their humble advices and opinions :)

I would definitely proceed forward to work on my blog :)Thanks a lot once again :) 

Anirudh
Anirudh
from Delhi
10 years ago

I think it helps to be on different platorms and promote your blog content to improve discovery rather than have a wordpress blog in isolation. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Travel blogs fall under the same category as 'technology, coding and other technical fields' blogs. All of them receive good search traffic. The only ones that don't fall under this catgeory are personal / literary blogs. 

Laughing

What is the response, a normal blog of travel receives or pageviews per day?

There is no fixed answer to this just like there is no answer to 'How many pageviews a tech blog receives?'. It might range from few hundreds to millions.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Travel blogs are quite popular Cool If you give point to point travel plans and food options etc you can get yourself a sizeable audience

LockSign in to reply to this thread