Share blogging tips from your experience.

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

There are many great bloggers out in this network. I thought it would be cool if you guys shared some tips from your experience. Edit: Share us what are the things you guys do after making a blog post.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: I wanted to be more specific.
Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Ascending
Adeline Gear
Adeline Gear
from Chennai
9 years ago

Write consistantly and share only after they are indexed in Google.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

share only after they are indexed in Google

Why? 

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Don't tell bloggers to post comments in your site and in exchange you'll do the same. That's just pathetic. Whom are you trying to impress by doing such lame tactics? Its the same philosophy that people who buy bot programs for comments have. It just doesn't work. You need to work on getting the people in general to check your site. When you do this, blogger communities will be deemed as a faux community that doesn't have the odd crowd as readers. the more this happens, the more companies will think that marketing via bloggers is a waste of time and money and effort. Also, if its a review- make sure you have that object infront of you. Or else don't bother calling it a review. Writing for summarizing specifications in the form of a paragraph is NOT a review. Also, don't blindly post press releases. Read, research, check, very information from PR via different sources and then post. 

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Alright I asked blogging tips and what are you guys saying! I'm outta here :p

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

What about the three Ws?

Wrestling - with ideas and not letting the really good ones escape

Writing - with a bit of you spread all over

Whittling - away all unnecessary stuff and being your own harshest editor

...in the order that I have mentioned. :)

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
9 years ago

Promotion >

Siddharth Muzumdar
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Hmm. This seems to be really useful advice. Time to think about blogging along these lines...

Agree. I've said this before somewhere. If you are not happy with your own effort, why would you send it out not the world? Why would anyone else take the time and trouble to read a blog cluttered with ads, poorly worded and with outdated content? Your gym analogy is a good one. There are a lucky few who become viral sensations, but the bulk of us are left to plod on. We work, we write, we criticize ourselves, get feedback from others and we keep working at it. And someday, I too will have 1 lakh visits a day or month or whatever. Meanwhile, I keep telling my stories., writing my recipes, commenting on life and cricket, ranting about things that bug me or relating my travel experiences. And all the time, I get better and better with the experience, the feedback and the conversations I have with the people who do read.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Hi5

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Now my turn to be the wise banyan tree:

- If you got good writing skill consider it a gift not everyone has around you. Value it and nurture it!

- Blogging is really like sweating out in a gym... every newbie wants to become Sylvester in a week but that's impractical dream. It takes patience and sincerity. Keep writing honestly and you're bound to get noticed and rewarded. Whenever I felt my progress inadequate and analyzed what went wrong or how others overtook me- it was always my lack of sincerity and effort. So, better be honest or don't expect at all.

- Write what you want, not what the world wants from you. Coz, probably you're not a versatile robocop...?

- Interact with the world in a manner you're comfortable with. It's always nice to be polite an d compliment your colleagues.

No matter who you're, how you're, what you think of me, I know you're a good and special person. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Second point nails it.. Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Although somewhat off-topic, do you ride a red bike Hunky sir? Coz I felt I spotted you a day or two back in Ranigunj bazaar crossroad [curious]

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I do, but sorry doc, that wasn't me at that time, in that place Cry

It boils down to this. What is your objective? Are you looking to make money by raising visitors at any cost? Or are you trying to provide information, services? Do you write for yourself? I do. I write for myself first. I tell stories, mostly. I'm not interested in just likes and visitors who have nothing to say. I want to engage in conversation with my readers. Leaving me a like or a "good one!" comment holds very little value for me. If you read my blog, tell me why you liked it. If you didn't like, let me know. I get no pleasure from dumb visitors who have nothing to say. Again: examine your personal reasons and objective.
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Don't waste time with SEO. Other than URL thingy, headline and description, rest is just garbage. SEO is going to die out anyways. Concentrate more on lowering bounce rate and increasing average time on site by developing really good content. If people can't do blogging, its best if they don't continue by putting up trashy/plagiarised/misleading/re-written content. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

Here comes some nutrients from a veteran dietician... note down greenhorns [Holding up specs]

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

Absolutely. And the truth is that a lot of bloggers waste plenty of manhours just thinking of every other thing on earth than good original writing. it is best to spend years developing your own writing style... and then there will always be readers who will drop by.

I dont get more than 1000 per month

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

We were actually discussing about " Share blogging tips from your experience.".. So how is the journey so far ??

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

More or less we're sailing together Sharma ji [yeah wala smile]

Sorry, I meant to say, quality of respondents means more to me than quantity.
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Quality always excels !!!

I get 300 a month.... So I would not complain about 100,000.

My experiance.. 

• Blogging is costly..
  • Blogging demands hard work and time
  • No one reads my blog..

Cry

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I blog about computer tips and tricks, also social media tips. Also rarely some reviews of gadgets or websites. But I like to concentrate on computers.

MY TIP: I use buffer to schedule and post on my social networks. And I used tweriod to setup the posting time on buffer. I hope you can use these tools too. They're free!

Note: I wanted tips likes these, now you guys understand!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

For non-personal bloggers, SEO ( keyword analysis ) is the right way to go. ( apart from great content )

For personal bloggers who want to reach more readers, focus on quality, consistency, and social interactions.

For [personal] bloggers who blog mainly for satisfaction, forget everything and write only when you feel like writing something, be it  posts everyday or one post per year. Cool

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Perfect. Covered all the bases. Smile

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

I'm a tech blogger. And I don't have "great" content.So what's frequency of posting is the best in your opinion. But I'm afraid if I concentrate on quantity I may lose quality Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Gaurab Laughing

Suvin If not great, try writing good content - correct grammar, correct information and if you are writing some tutorials - easy to follow tutorials that include troubleshooting help. 

Maintaining quantity and quality is one of the key to good search engine rankings. No one knows why certain articles rank well in SERPs while other don't. Having more number of articles increases the probability of an article performing well in SERPs.

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Suvin you have a tech blog or a gadget review blog ? B'coz @Ranjith is giving you tips for a tech blog. For review blogs you should focus on writing as much content as possible and should try to keep your blog up to date with latest gadgets on offer.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
9 years ago

OPAY sounds too exciting boy!!! [greedy smile]

Suvin
Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Here's my tip:

How to increase blog comments by 100% ?

Reply to all of them Tongue out. The number of comments just became double, right?

How's my thought? Cool

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
9 years ago

I like your suggestion but what if all those comments a spam Tongue out

Suvin
from Ernakulam
9 years ago

Just delete em dude, do I have to teach that :p

LockSign in to reply to this thread