Rahul would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.indianrealestatefordummies.in ] IndiRank: 47

Would you review the #1 Stupid Realestate blog

Rahul
Rahul
from Kolkata
9 years ago

Indian Real Estate for Dummies - A straightforward and sometimes humorous look at the booming real estate market of India!

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Raowords
Raowords
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Hi Rahul,

Your blog is well organized, things I liked about your blog:

1. very neat theme, quick and loads quickly on mobile as well.

2. About (why this website) page is well written and is central to the blogs idea.

3. In the Box, wow, there are some really useful documentation materials which are useful.

4. Forum, it lets people to get together and discuss on various topics related to real estate.

5. contributions & contacts, its very precise and kudos to you for inviting people to this blog.

6. Joining the member list is very easy and signup agreement is interesting

Things to improve:

1. Broken links, some links on your site is broken or invalid and these needs to fixed.

2. City wise article listings on the menu,most of the articles are generic in nature. It would be useful for user if a menu is added to direct to a city wise article.

Your blog is really good, with 143 (+1) members its still new and hope it reaches to more people.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

Rahul,

I went through your realestate blog and here is what I have come up with:

Theme and appearance

You have used a pretty simple theme and it looks pretty good to me, even though many other bloggers would look for colorful and fancy themes. I love simple themes and so are search engines. There are couple of things you could improve.

Search box

You are using a center aligned logo and the title tag below it. Even though most websites use a top left aligned logo, your placement looks fine for your theme.

The placement of the search bar on the top left corner doesn't look good. That is the prime spot on any website and leaving a search box on the top left corner gives an odd look to it. I think it will be a good idea to move it to the right, below or above the social sharing icons. Also, the search icon would look better on the right side of the text box instead of the left side.

I love your search feature though. It is impressive to see the search results in the dropdown without leaving the current page. But it is a pain to close the search results. I could not figure out how to get rid of the search results, without clicking on some links to navigate to another page.

Mobile friendly

Your blog looks awesome on the mobile devices. In fact, it renders much better on mobile phones than the desktop screens. Considering more and more people are switching to mobile devices to access internet, I am sure your site will be well received by the mobile users.

Author identity and legal requirements

Where is your About Us, Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use pages? These are mandatory pages to ensure compliance with law enforcement authorities and search engines. Add those pages and link to them from the bottom of all pages. There should be a way for your visitors to contact the author. I know you have some stuff in the "Why this website?" page, which is probably not enough.

You got the Google+ wrong

You are using the rel="publisher" tag in your pages to connect to your personal Google+ profile. That is not the best way to use Google+ for your blog. The rel="publisher" tag is best suited to connect from your home page to your Google+ Page for business. To connect to your personal profile, use rel="author" tag from your article pages and not category pages or home page. By using the Google+ authorship in the right manner could improve your site's ranking and your own reputation as an author in the eyes of Google.

Keyword cloud

The keyword cloud on your rightbar looks too congested. There are too many keywords there and it serves no purpose. If you want to keep it, reduce the number of keywords to 10 or so instead of the 40+ keywords you have currently.

Domain name

Your domain name is too long to type! If your blog hasn't gone too far, you may want to consider looking for a shorter domain name.

Favicon

The favicon used in all pages have a white background. Make it transparent background to give it a better look.

Make it easy for New Users

It is hard to locate the registration button on your forum. You have an icon with a + symbol, but remember your site is for dummies and they may not figure out that the "+" means "new registration"! I myself had to look around a bit for the link for new registration in your forum.

Overal review

You have a great website. Keep up the good job and wish you all the best.

sneh
sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Reading your Blog makes me realize how much it is needed to vanquish aunty walla bloggers who piggybank on their childrens cuteness just so that they can win prices.

It is hight time that such acts of pseudo child labour be abolished.

I did enjoy your content, with all its offbeat touches. Even if half of them had no connection with real estate. Why not go for reb*****ng of your site?

But I would love to encourage you to be more whacky if possible, for a smart brain may be limited by its own boundaries but a true fool cannot be stopped by boundaries or even imagination.

Cheers!

P.S - I am not the dark side

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

I am not against child labour! If children enjoy the work and the pocket money they earn, why not let them do what they like?!

sneh
sneh
from ahmedabad
9 years ago

@Tony: You are not against Child labour!??  I ought to report you to the police.

I am sure you must be having a army of midget children typing fuuriously to upload content on your blog.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

If giving goodies to children for sharing content is child labour, then giving prizes for scoring high marks in the exams are also child labour! How much labour is involved in reading, writing, typing, drawing and so on... Thousands of headmasters and principals must go to jail. May be we should implement a jail with every school, collage and even in every village!

And I need to tell my wife to stop giving rewards to our children for helping in the home!! My 4 year old child really enjoys the tips given for cleaning his own mess. Now I need to find an alternative before you report to police :-)

Mohit
Mohit
from Mumbai
9 years ago

The first impression that this Real Estate blog gave to me is that it is a very superb blog and all the things are very well arranged. I am feeling bad that why I didn't came across this blog before as it provides so much useful info about Real Estate.

There is no info regarding the author who has written the blog post. It will be much better if you add your name with the blog posts so that you will build an identity for yourself and your blog.

No changes are required in the design of the blog and you just need to come up very good content which you have been already doing. 

Rahul as the domain name suggests it is a real estate blog for dummies, that's why you should write some posts like How to become real estate agent, The scope in real estate business etc.

I think you can monetize your blog too and for that you can apply at various advertisement networks. Rahul I reviewed your blog, and now let me know what are your goals which you want to achieve with this real estate blog. You may have never made target to achieve any type of goals with this blog but I will definitely like to get answer to my question from you...

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
9 years ago

If you can add some more articles on various legal requirements, formalities of buying/selling etc, that will definitely add value to the blog and make it a step ahead of other realestate websites.