Priya would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 58

Would love some feedback on my book blog!

Priya
Priya
from Pune
9 years ago

Hi guys,

Tabula Rasa started out as a personal blog but has been exclusively about books for quite a while now. I'd appreciate some suggestions on the look! :)

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Nilesh Gonsalves
Nilesh Gonsalves
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Oh my..What a wonderful review of love kills. And the top ten books that make you laugh out loud...Amazing. You have and eye for a good read and a knack for a review. Great blog. Keep it up. Am tempted to read Love kills immediately.

Priya
from Pune
9 years ago

Thanks! You should definitely read the book. :)

Hi Priya. First things first, the blog comes across as neat, organized and clean, a must for a book blog. Its visual appeal, owing to the colourful thumbnails and very attractive header, is also a winner. Moving on, please find my quick take on some critical blog/blogging aspects below:

Content

The blog has rich and engaging content, a paradise for book lovers looking for opinions on their favourite reads or recommendations for the upcoming weekend. The writing, like the blog layout, is clean and uncluttered. The book reviews are structured consistently, covering all crucial aspects from plot to characters to writing to quotes to the link to an e-commerce website! It would be good to get price listings alongside, to make the decision of purchase easier. The publishing is pretty consistent, with fresh reading becoming available frequently.

Social Media Linkage & SEO

• The blog has links to several social media platforms and seems to be enjoying recognition. Bravo! Perhaps, you could consider platforms such as Pinterest as well, which has interesting and visually appealing panels where you can pin books reviewed, due for review and so on
  • In addition to tagging which the blog successfully does, also consider a related posts panel. This helps sustain the reader on your blog for a longer while.
  • Consider interlinking your posts by putting in hyperlinks where the fit is suitable. This helps the reader navigate more easily and increases his time spent interacting with your blog
  • A word about the blog in publisher communities, other review sites and e-commerce sites such as Flipkart could help enhance the reader base

Reader Base

• Your blog seems to have a set of dedicated readers who comment fairly often. However, you could consider a Name & URL option in your comment form to make it more convenient for commenters
  • Additionally, this may be a cliché but there is no denying the importance of reaching out to more people and encouraging them to engage with you. There are several book blogs in the blogosphere - you could consider associations, more guest posts and backlinks
  • You could also consider having an RSS feed link

Blog Meta Data

The blog has a fantastic ‘About’ page, lucid Review Policy and even an Author Index. This adds to a reader's convenience, which is already established from the sort-books-by-genre panel that you have in your sidebar. Fabulous job there. I especially loved the detail about the blog URL. Does your wand have a unicorn hair? :)

Some of the posts I liked best:

• Top Ten Books that Make Me Laugh Out Loud - listings always work and this one is a perfect cross between a love for books and humour. Consider doing more list based posts. The Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List is another favourite of mine
  • And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini - tremendous detail, perfect use of words, great flow
  • The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke - loved how a fairy tale book also features on the blog. It shows the expanse of your love for books and lets the blog be one for all ages and all types of book lovers. I also liked how you have an opinion on all the tales, each one well written

On the whole, the blog seems to be headed in the right direction. Content continues to be king and here is some great reading. Keep it up! Smile

Priya
from Pune
9 years ago

Thanks for such a detailed review Deboshree, it means a lot. I will definitely work on your 'related posts panel' and 'interlinking' suggestions - those are exactly the kind of tips I was looking for. As for the Name & URL option, I hadn't realized it wasn't there, but it's great that you picked up on it, I'll make sure to add it - it would certainly make it convenient for most readers. Thanks, again, really appreciate the help!

Glad I could be of help, Priya. Look forward to the next review on your blog! Smile

Botany Anusha
Botany Anusha
from Bhadrachalam
9 years ago

The content on your blog is really nice....

Varun C N
Varun C N
from Bangalore
9 years ago

First of all, congrats for having a good skill for blogging. Im a book reader myself, but very much into selective non fiction. Yet, I found it interesting to have read your blog. Your skills in teasing out the details without revealing too much of the story is the best part of the blog. I would like to add a couple of suggestions though.

1. Add a page view widget. That lets the reader know how many visitors you have. Though that doesn't promote the blog directly it does leave a impression.

2. Add a widget for most read posts. That definetly helps in flaring the readers

Priya
from Pune
9 years ago

Thank you! And I will definitely consider your adding the popular posts and page view widgets in the sidebar. :)

vandana Choudhary
vandana Choudhary
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Hi dear,I loved reading your book blog and the reviews there are so helpful and well written.This kind of blog helps your readers to find the best book before they buy it.I loved everything about your blog,the pictures,the content and the beautiful look of the blog.Will try to visit your more posts whenever I can.

Thanks

Datta Ghosh
Datta Ghosh
from Kolkata, Gurgaon
9 years ago

Neat, to the point precise, a good critical appreciation of all the books, without divulging the plot in complete sense. The "Author Index" and the list of "Genres" are very user friendly. Tabula Rasa the name sounded interesting at the go and the story behind it is quiet interesting too. In "About" part loved "daydreaming" part. Will keep an eye on this one for the critical reviews I will be needing.Smile