Mustafa Plumber would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://1hourlunch.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 29

Please review my food blog and suggest changes if any

Mustafa Plumber
Mustafa Plumber
from Mumbai
9 years ago

This is a purely restaurant review blog where sometimes i put up travel write ups. 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
9 years ago

Hi Mustafa, 

Appreciate your venture into food blogging. However, yours is purely a restaurant review blog. While I like your initiative, a few points about the pros and cons:

1. Your template is too simple and stark. Not much colours or photos around, attracting readers would be a challenge. I would suggest add a header photo, of a restaurant or any food you like. Jazz up the template a bit. 

2. Add categories/tags to your posts. Apart from just an archive on the sidebar, it becomes easier for people to find restaurant reviews based on the cuisine - add categories like Italian/Fast Food/Indian/Chinese/Desserts. 

3. Add a description/'about me' . Let people know more about you while they step into your blog. 

4. Your reviews are written in a straight paragraph with no breaks or ratings. Try to break down different aspects of the review like - food quality, service, ambiance, price. Readers would benefit from concise writing. Also, try to rate restaurants in your reviews so that it is easier for people to judge them. 

5. Add more food photos. Since you are maintaining a food blog , I'd suggest add many more photos to your reviews - of the restaurants, of food, of the environment, location, address/phone of the restaurant. 

6. Keep your travel posts under a separate tab. It will help and your readers to sort your posts properly. 

I hope these ideas find some use to you. Good luck with blogging! (I'd rate your blog 4/10)

Mustafa Plumber
Mustafa Plumber
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thanks so much for the review. The points made out are very helpful and will surely incorporate them in the blog. 

Bindumadhavi P
Bindumadhavi P
from Hyderabad
9 years ago

Hi Mustafa,

I am sure your  blog will be of use to lots of people. As you have made it purely review kind of blog, these are my suggestions.

1. Give the address and phone number of place at the beginning itself. So the reader will know if it is relevant to him/her.

2.Please check for your grammar before posting.

3.The posts with photos are more attractive, continue the good work.

and I too agree with prianka's review.

All the best.