New Indi Happy Hour Prompt: "Discover A New You"

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
9 years ago

New Indi Happy Hour prompt is up and only 3 hours to go ;) Rush! Here you go.

https://www.indiblogger.in/happyhours/micromax-canvas-tab-p666/

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: For convenience
Replies 1 to 20 of 99 Ascending
Shubham Nyaik
Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
9 years ago

Is there anyone who can let me know how can I teach English to elders. I mean teaching them to read and speak. Anyone please.

I know this forum is created to discuss some other topic. 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

I'm sure there will be some 'adult education' classes going on in Indore. You can go there and sit in a few classes after seeking permission and learn how they are going about teaching the illiterate adults. 

It is good to know that you have this urge to teach those who need it most... all the best! :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

By the way, one of the best ways is to teach the basics first... and then go about by including teaching through conversation. This is the method a lot of language teachers love... even my French and German teachers did it years back. Some even say that the fastest way to learn a language is to surround yourself with people speaking that language... and you'll simply pick up words and sentences and intonations... 

Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. 

Actually Individuals whom I want to teach are not illeterate. They are having bachelor's degree and are in 50s. 

I try to make them famaliar with the basics but the problem the unpredictable pronunciation of the words in English. Even the simple words like COULD or SHOULD creates confusion. I guess speaking will not be the main problem. First I want to focus on teaching them to read it correctly because most of the gadgets of the 21st century needs knowledge of english to operate them. MP is a Hindi Speaking state, so signs boards are in Hindi and English both but when it comes to other states where the sign boards are in English and their native language, for example South Indian states or WB, it becomes difficult for them. Anyways thanks for the suggestion. I would try to get more information on it.  

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

You mean to say "Accent" or "Pitch" of the language. Yes, it is nowadays difficult even for some 30+ age people while selecting in Call center / MNC since they need either US or UK accent and not Indian accent for English language. Studying pattern and trend is slowly changing globally Foot in mouth. Nowadays, young generation (who is less than 25 years age) are managing it well (without preposition and full of grammar stuff etc.).

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You guys can continue Here.

Shubham Nyaik
from Indore
9 years ago

@hafeezur Rahman

It is not about accent and pitch. It is about having the  basic idea of the language. Being able to read and understand the meaning of any messge written in English is what is meant when I said teaching English to them. 

Deepika
Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

What is that criminal record? when we submit a post, we get verifying your criminal records.. any one has some idea? 

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

You will find many such funny lines...they are just to tickle your funny bone. Try adding yourself... Wink

Deepika
from Bangalore
9 years ago

lol 

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Check this one in IB also, as "A product of Scissor Paper Stone (P) Ltd. No dogs were injured during the making of this website" Tongue out.

HR
HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

As per the online source, I recently heard that around 10000 (Ten thousand) old and professional bloggers from IB are emerging and coming to participate for upcoming Happy Hours contest, so make sure that you prepare for it Smile.

At least, Flipkart - show mercy on us Tongue out.

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

10,000*1000/- = Rs.1,00,00,000/- budget for a HH??SurprisedFrownWinkTongue out

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

No, this may be gradually increasing participant for HH, Voucher budget may differs for Bloggers Wink based on sponsors.

Overall HH budget may differs :).

Tanishq
Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Blog till the time posts are coming from inside, i.e You want them to write because writing that, or expressing that gives you immense pleasure. Contests are secondary part of blogging. Remember, You did not start blogging because of these contests, it is these contests which started because we blog. Getting the difference? :)

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Well said Aditya ,I agree with you on some points !!

We all are hoping for more  contests & HH's & We blog ,therefore We Are Cool please don't forget this !! Keep blogging  with faith ,but not for free...lol !!Tongue out

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

The fact is, regardless of how much we stress on this - it's a brand's call as to how much they can afford or/are willing to invest in a b*****ng campaign.  IndiBlogger no doubt has emerged as the most vibrant prospect to connect with bloggers and has also emerged as one of India's most respected b*****ng platforms but it's not IndiBlogger's fault if every other brand isn't willing to spend 2,00,000 in a campaign and neither can we as part of the IndiBlogger network or the IndiBlogger network itself do much about it because - again, it's a brand's call. 

When a brand shows ads on tv, a channel cannot force them to change their 1 min ad into a 2 min ad - why would a brand ever do that! The cost would be extra and besides, if their purpose is served in a 1min ad, that's all they'd want. These are all technical things and it's best off to be left to the much respected IndiTeam.

I understand how it feels when you write a post for Indi Happy Hour and don't get a voucher but that's the give and take of it and we all are here to experience the creative side in us - regardless of whether we win or lose. If anything, I would in fact commend IndiBlogger for giving us these opportunities to think uniquely and write a post in a matter of few hours.  Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't - no point thinking too much about it. Smile

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Exactly, these are the points I mentioned above! I second you Aditya Jha Smile

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Lets look forward to new contests and new HH's in this new year Cool

Thank you Indiblogger.Cool I also received my voucher.Cool

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Uttpal : Don't forget about old theory of "Demand & supply"  .

Do you know ,what deal is there between sponser & IB ,we are part of one of the emerging blogging platform in India .

We should suggest ,interact & improve whatever is the possibilities ,I belong to consulting world in IT ,I know the "Blogger Outreach " is new to India & IB is playing crucial role in it ,but it's not evaluated at such low cost .

PS : 70 K is very less in my view for brand like Micromax which has invested so much in advertising & brand promotion from last 3-4 years .Yell

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

That's why they did it within 3 hrs. Innocent They read the threads and that's why they made the HH discussion thread important. Further, the HH before this had 200 vouchers and in one of HH they also increased the vouchers. We should also understand that not all sponsors will be ready to spend equally or have same marketing targets. Smile

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Exactly, perhaps they just wanted to try it out once, and we might-"MIGHT" get a competition, a large one from them if things turn up good!

You have said it rightly. Micromax is know for "nothing like anything" and that part was missing in this promotion.

My suggestion is that there must also be a product device as a prize in such Happy Hours and if possible it should be awarded to only one of those people who were not able to GRAB the voucher in time. @Indiblogger @Renie please take a note this suggestion. You really need to know that from next time if vouchers are less, you would get the participants for sure but may be there would not be the best or creative posts. Well I know that I am overstating but just think of all the bloggers who get nothing even after writing a good or impressive content.

U K
from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
9 years ago

I agree with yu Snazzyawi but again what can poor Renie and IB do if the advertisier has such low budget?

IB team does their best to give us a chance to show our skills. We all appreciate that and full marks to them for their continous efforts to get more advertisers....but its the advertisers who should understand that with such low budgets, they wont be able to organise even a box cricket tournament Tongue out

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Ranjith ,I had mentioned "I am not sure about it ,definatly more than that " .but again the question remains the same what will happen if more people in directory become active ."More people More Rush More Vouchers "

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

You see brother, there are different sides of every coin. Its certainly not Indiblogger's fault that sponsorors are ready to pay to the limits of 2L or 2.5L max, perhaps their sheer unconfided apprehensiveness about this way of marketing. I am damn sure, not even Renie and co would want any of their bloggers to suffer or be left behind, but in the demands of increasing the vouchers, they would surely not stake the deal at hand.

But then why why why why 70???? Whose lucky number is this?

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Micromax's wallet's Lucky number. Money mouth

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Dear Awanish ,

We're sorry to inform you that your entry Micromax and my Passion for theMicromax Canvas Tab P666 with Intel Inside Happy Hour topic was submitted too late, as all the vouchers have been taken already.

We hope that you will be able to get many, many vouchers in our other Happy Hour campaigns.

IndiBlogger.in

This is the 3rd mail in last 4-5 HH's ,very disappointing ,you are coming with 70 vouchers only ,were it's obvious ,nothing less than 200 is acceptable ,the community which has more than 4000  blogger approx ,I am not sure about it ,definatly more than that ,what we are conducting is nothing .

On New year Eve atleast ,Are we writing for free ??? Plz take it seriously ,rather than optimizing HH ,please improve !! you need to consider the 10% of loyal members in IB directory for  any contest or HH anything !!

PS: Just a request or take it as a suggestion ....Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

which has more than 4000  blogger approx 

IB has more than 25k bloggers. Wink (but the number of people who participate in contests is just a small fraction)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

25k bloggers? 

Thanks to those bloggers who didn't particpate in the contest or else hard time for us Tongue outMoney mouth, already...phew...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Cool

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

4000 was such a bad guess Snazzyawi :P Tongue out

Aditya Jha
Aditya Jha
from New Delhi, India
9 years ago

My entry again got rejected but I've submitted a ticket this time. As far as I know, I was well within the contest guidelines in submitting my post and if it didn't in fact match others - that should be a good thing, as that's what "Indi Happy Hours" are all about, bringing out the best of the creativity in you. 

Only thing that consoles me as of now is that even Ranjith didn't get a voucher so I'm not alone. :p 

Tanishq
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Your entry did not have a functioning link, Aditya. You have to make the link clickable and the banner need not be linked to the contest page.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

:-w

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Hahaahaaa....Ranjith....hahaah....Baba Ranjith ki jai ho Wink.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

:-w

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thank you, IB & Micromax for the voucher! Smile Happy New Year, everyone!

TechChumz
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Happy New Year, Oindrila

Oindrila De
Oindrila De
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Thank you, IB & Micromax for the voucher! Smile Happy New Year, everyone!

Poonam
Poonam
from New Delhi
9 years ago

Received it yesterday.

Thanks Team IB. 

Parichita
Parichita
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Got my voucher too. Thanks. :-)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
9 years ago

How does one get to read all the posts for a particular HH?

I want to read how others have linked a tab with passion and resolution. Someone in this thread has remarked that most posts he read were 'simple copy-paste' jobs... if so, this needs to be taken seriously by Indiblogger. HH does NOT mean a free distribution of vouchers.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

--

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

You can't get a list the way you get for other contests. 

But you can do this:

Your post's URL is https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=425601 The id of this post is 425601.

Find this entry in the IndiVine listing (sorted by Latest). You can do this with a little Maths. 

x = latest post id - your post id ( As of now, x = 426009 - 425601 = 408 )

y = x / 10 = 408 / 10 ~= 40

Your entry will be present on page https://www.indiblogger.in/indivine.php?pageNum_ThisVine=y. You might have to keep searching around that page as a few entries might have got rejected. 

KAJAL MAJHI
KAJAL MAJHI
from Mahanad
9 years ago

Got mine :) Thank you for the new year's first gift :) 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Even nature had shed tears for me. (It drizzled for 1-2 min Money mouth)

HR
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Happy joy or Tears of joy?Innocent

LockSign in to reply to this thread