Vineet Kumar would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://vineetkumar.me/ ] IndiRank: 33

Sharing my knowledge about Android, Movie Reviews, Technology and Personal Life

Vineet Kumar
Vineet Kumar
from Delhi
9 years ago

Hi Bloggers,

I guess reviewing once blog is synonymous of shaking hand with fellow members here on Indiblogger. So as I have added a new blog under my account, I would like it get it reviewed by fellow bloggers.

I write articles on specific things to which I personally get experience of. So suppose I bought a Nexus 7 tablet. I would write about how to root it since I have done it. So most of my articles are sort of walkthroughs that I personally get exposure to. I also wrote a few movie reviews since I have a keen interest in watching movies.

Hence I think the articles I write tend to be very personal and I try to include as much useful information as possible. I also belive is quality over quantity. So I write only if I have something to share about and not just to increase my blog count.

I hope you will find my blog useful. I accept any kind of critisism and suggestions. Please be as straight forward as you can be. I will really appreciate it.

Edited 9 years ago
Reason: typos
Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Vineet Kumar
Vineet Kumar
from Delhi
9 years ago

Bump.. anyone?

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Well, if you want to try to grow in the professional level, it needs a lot of work. The layout looks like a personal blog rather than something that displays content title and an excerpt, where readers would click the ones they like (magazine style themes). I wouldn't mix different genres though. I don't think I've seen blogs whose main page displays single post only, including the comments. 

Don't get me wrong. It's just that I don't understand what you're trying to do exactly. I am assuming you're this out of pure interest and not necessarily to grow a site as a news/analysis/reviews/guide tech site?

Vineet Kumar
Vineet Kumar
from Delhi
9 years ago

First, thanks for the review.

I think you are right about the part that this is more of a personal blog. But as I wirte more and more, I tend to think to share it more. Haven't spend much time designing the front page. Previously it was more barren. (Here's what it looked like before: http://web.archive.org/web/20141218151610/http://vineetkumar.me/)

Recently I have understood that the home page should be a place to showcase your best work and not just your introduction. It was then that I added links to few articles on home page itself.

I am not sure whether I should even try to monitize this blog, since I only write as a hobby. Hence any review on the actual 'content' would be very useful.

Thanks.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Vyom from TDF?????

Well, it's difficult at this stage, but try to write a lot now. Some of the articles in the categories date back to 2010. I know it's easier said than done :P. Since you don't have any plans to monetize it (at least at first), then its all good. But the subjects you cover does have a potential to draw a lot of views. Maybe you could consider having subdomains for each category. But the categories you have are simply way too much for one person to cover everything, even if you write fulltime. 

I'll start with that anime review. You mentioned Stein's gate but linked it to IMBD. If you would have reviewed it earlier or will review it in the near future, change the links of the earlier links which mentions 'Stein's gate' to your review. You could also embed the trailer in the middle of the article, and have a small gallery of up to 4 pictures just to give an idea how the visuals are done. Reviews should be written in a way that people spend a good amount of the site reading it, and having a small gallery and embedding a youtube trailer whenever available makes sense. Also, mentioning genre, number of episodes, year of release and which studio helps. Just like how you prepped "30+ Hollywood Movies to look forward to in 2011" in 2011, you could do the same. 

Try watching non-mainstream movies, or movies that are known in certain countries but not everywhere. There are a LOT of movies like that. "Find a niche within a niche!"

Vineet Kumar
Vineet Kumar
from Delhi
9 years ago

Yes, Vyom from TDF. ;)

Excellent tips there. I do watch niche movies, but don't usually find time to write reviews on them with a full time job. Thanks.