How to design my website

I buy a domain name www.vidyanaukri.in at Go daddy. It's hard I am entirely new to blogging  and Internet even computers also. Help me out with your valuable suggestions. I can spend only 5 hours per day other than that I had a small business. 

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Ascending
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

A number of web hosts provide you with inbuilt tools to manage installations of popular software application including some of the most sought after CMS applications like Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, and others to name a few, apart from that there are applications for online stores also available, forums, etc to name a few. Like my web host provides me with Softaculous Installer which has a great list of applications which you can install right from your hosting control panel. Once you install Wordpress, it's not that hard to kickstart blogging, though, you need to have a strong idea of what are you going to do with your blog, and how are you going to do that, since blogs are not a thing of one or two or four days of work. You have to work on it for months and years together to make it what you initially wanted it to be. So, I hope that you have an idea about what your are up to.

After that random initiation session, let me tell you some good stuff. :P

There are a number of things you could consider before going in in full fledged blogging.

1. The choice of blogging platform. You said you are a beginner. Keeping that in mind, I would recommend you use a simpler blogging platform that doesn't give you too much of options, since, I guess, you are not too good at computers (as per your own statement), so knowledge of web programming is out of question. So, choose a simple platform. My platform of choice would be blogger for you to begin your blogging career. It gives you a good blogging platform, being number 2 in terms of blogging platforms of choice, after wordpress, it is one great platform for beginners. Though wordpress is not bad at all, but it does need you to invest in web hosting space, if you go in for self hosted wordpress, that will be additional cost of atleast Rs. 1500 a year, while blogger gives you the hosting space free. In case you decide wordpress.com, which gives you free hosting space and a subdomain, do be informed that you can't use third party scripts, and ads, and in case you want to have your custom domain, you will have to pay them annually.

You can take a look at one of my posts in my blogging blog to check out some popular blogging platforms. Here are the links a. http://www.thelearningqube.com/brc/choosing-a-blogging-platform-1/

b. http://www.thelearningqube.com/brc/choosing-a-blogging-platform-2/

Now if you have decided on going with Wordpress, buy a hosting account as well, to host your blog, if it is wordpress.org you decide to go with. If you've got softacluous installer with your web hosting account, well and good, if not, there's still no problem. All you have to do is download Wordpress package from wordpress.org and upload it in your hosting space, and then run the installer, usually, loading the index.php file from your browser should help you do the task.

champati manikanta
from kakinada
8 years ago

Thank you very much sir...

CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

Please no sir. The only SIR here is Ranjith. Tongue out

champati manikanta
from kakinada
8 years ago

k k from next time no formalities..... Done Cool