Actors Vs Authors

Chandrika Shubham
Chandrika Shubham
from Gurugram
8 years ago

Whenever there is an event organised by Indibloggers and a famous actor/actress is present in the function. Hundreds of bloggers will attend the function and thousands will feel that they miss a golden chance. Most of the bloggers will yearn to have a selfie with the celebrity.

Whereas if an event is organised by Indibloggers and a renowned author is present in the function then suprisingly less than ten bloggers will attend the function. The author will say lets have a photograph together.

Why are we so crazy about the actors and not authors?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
I was curious to see which author you were referring to, and was glad to see it was Yashodhara lal.
Well, human psychology. Authors of intenational fame too suffer this dilemma. No remedy in sight.
Sorry typo : international
Chandrika Shubham
from Gurugram
8 years ago

Even I suffer from the same dilemma. Nobody wants to have selfie with me. :D

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

wow. hundreds??? 

In both cases, one should see the intensity of enthusiasm rather than numbers. Most people probably going to check out the actor because they're most unlikely to get a selfie opportunity or see them face to face. That's why you see product launches or store openings with celebrities.Press, bloggers and some special invites have a reason to go.  People are more obsessed with getting a selfie or getting an autograph rather than talking to them. Companies don't really care as long as product placement is done. so they're just crowd pullers, and they pull a large crowd in numbers. A lot of people don't like celebrities though. 

But when a meet is kept with an underrated actor then you will see people who are an enthusiast of the craft going  and meeting  him. Nothing biggie. Big or small, as long as they're REALLY your fans. Same for authors too. 

People are more obsessed with getting a selfie or getting an autograph rather than talking to them. 
Chandrika Shubham
from Gurugram
8 years ago

So true. There are less number of fans who are keenly interested in talking mostly interested in selfies and autographs. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread