How to increase traffic on the blog?

Kriti Singhal
Kriti Singhal
from Gurgaon
8 years ago

Hi Guys, 

I have recently joined Indiblogger and am in learning phase. Want to know your inputs as in how to increase organic visits on the blog? Please suggest!

1-20
21-26
Replies 1 to 20 of 26 Ascending
Deepak
Deepak
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Dear friends, I understand that its very important for all of us to increase traffic but dont try any paid links, link exchange sites etc. There may be lots of sites which saying that add your sites in social bookmarking sites, web directories etc. These solution worked very well initial days but after google penguin release, we saw a sudden drop in traffic for those sites which considered these methods.

These methods are black hat seo and sooner or later will be detected by google. If any site is found using these tectics a lot then google may remove site from its search index which could be great loss for us. So please try to drive natural traffic. Dont do too much link posting. :)

Lets play safe. earn safe.

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
8 years ago

Just be an authority on whatever you write and keep the standards of the content high. Traffic will come on its own. 

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

In short, you have to work in between the black hat SEO and white hat SEO to increase traffic on the blog. You can Google to know all about the black hat SEO and white hat SEO Laughing Cool.

content content & content... Continue hard work on quality content and Google gives preference to original organic content.

Sudhanshu Raghav
Sudhanshu Raghav
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Tips for increasing you traffic:

First thing First, Get your own domain. (It will look more professional) - Get the domain from GoDaddy for Rs.99 (Only For new users)

Now let's talk about, How you can get traffic on your blog:

1) Social Bookmarking: Do submit your blog to social bookmark sites like Reddit, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn...You can use "http://www.socialmarker.com/" for this

2) Make sure that your blog has a Facebook Page + You can also make facebook ad to increase likes on your Facebook Page

3) Commenting on others blog will help you in increasing in your blog's Domain Authority (Best For Traffic) - I recommend you to search for blog which are using "Premium CommentLuv" plugin, It is highly recommendable if you want do follow backlinks on your blog

Tips: You can search for "YOUR_KEYWORD “This blog uses Premium commentLuv”" on Google and you will get list of blogs which are using Premium CommentLuv plugin

4) Make sure your blog is SEO optimized - I recommend you to use MOZ SEO tool - They are giving 1 month service for FREE

5) Guest Post on others blog will help you in getting traffic

6) "Content is king" So make sure that you write good quality content on your blog, It should be more than 500+ words (More recognizable by Google)

7) Make sure that you update your blog regularly - updating your blog twice/thrice a week is a good practice

Following these points will definitely help you in increasing site traffic + It will also help you in increasing your blog's Alexa rank

First thing First, Get your own domain. 

echelon
echelon
from Delhi
8 years ago

Try contributing in online forums and communities of of your niche.It increases performance of blog geometrically.

Shivang
Shivang
from Ahmedabad
8 years ago

Bookmark your article on sites like Stumbleupon, Digg, Tumbler, Scoop.it and many more.

High PR Dofollow Social Bookmarking List

Share your article on Googe+, Facebook, Twitter

Make Videos on How-to's and on other hot topics

Do Proper On Page Off Page Seo

Build Backlinks for your pos

High PR Dofollow Social Bookmarking List
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

There's nothing wrong blogging for fame, money and recognition, as long as its done right. 

But for the sake of page views, its pointless if you don't have a low bounce rate and high average time on site. If you don't have those, then it simply means people with certain expectations click on the link, notice that they don't see what they want to see and leave in few seconds. 

There's nothing wrong blogging for fame, money and recognition, as long as its done right. 

But for the sake of pageviews, its pointless if you don't have a low bounce rate and high average time on site. If you don't have those, then i

Shivam Ralli
Shivam Ralli
from Ghaziabad
8 years ago

Stop blogging for fame, money, recognition and aw-generating reaction from readers. Blog for yourself and stop caring about people. Blog to see how your writing style changes. How you change and whether it has been for better or for good. Do that and forget about all the traffic.

Within months your traffic will increase exponentially. Why?

In the contest to improve yourself, your posts will become better.

People will stumble upon on your site. (Use www.stumbleupon.com , it helps.)

Use it as a recipie diary for your blog or as a journal for others.

Don't give a thought if people discourage you.

Just write, write, write and write.

Quality + Quantity= inevitabity of getting traffic one day.

I followed this.

My traffic stats transformed from getting 100 views per month to 8-10 k per month.

I know, not that much, but it revolutionized my blog and me.

..... of course, ib and sharing posts helped.

After that I took a break from blogging. Hope it helped. :)

Even my blog needs traffic desperately as I have put Google Adsense on it.

Soumya R
Soumya R
from Bangalore
8 years ago

I ask my friends to send my link to their friends. Word of mouth helps. 

also, I post on social media sites. It works. Follow the users who follow you.

Works. 

manjusha pandey
manjusha pandey
from mumbai
8 years ago
I recently read about adf.ly short links that can be added to blogs to increase traffic plus helps in monetizing the blog. Before I could go ahead with it ... I also read it's banned in India . Is there anything similar that might help ? Anyone who Knows about it ?
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Use Google's link shortner but I dont know whether it will solve your purpose Innocent

Morish
from Jamshedpur
8 years ago

Link shortener service, find for most popular and paying I know some and registered but I am not doing well..

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

Share your post on social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Google+) with revalent Hashtags. Works for me. 

Rajesh Deepak
Rajesh Deepak
from Patna
8 years ago

It is not very tough. Choose correct keyword from Adward Planner (check density) and place with your blog content before publising post. 

Long tail keyword is also very helpful to incerease your blog traffic. More important is Title of blog post. Keyword phrase important ....read more .

GET TRAFFIC ON SITE BY KEYWORDS PLACEMENT WITH TITLE TAG.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
8 years ago

IF you want to increase your website traffice, list it on my website here Tongue out.

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
8 years ago

Blog commenting has worked in the past for me. But leave meantingful comments on popular blogs in your niche. 

HR
HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Most of the bloggers would like to know, how to increase traffic on the blog? Hundreds of parameters for this and I will share few that I know, as below;

Blog URL with relevant keyword matching domain / niche

Add HTML tag

Add Image tag

Add Unique / quality content

Regular posts necessary

Must be active blog

Search engine crawls the content, if original then stores it and if duplicate or no matching the parameters then ignores it forever.

Stored content shows as search result based on visitor's keyword input, so, it is better to follow the general trend in advance to get enough traffic than what we post the content that may not be required by the visitors for 'organic traffic'.

It is up to you to increase 'social traffic' for your blog content.

Some general article needs seniority to index. All the best!

Dileep Abraham
Dileep Abraham
from Cochin
8 years ago

The best suggestion is to follow the blog of Niel patel's Quick sprout. A lot of content to help us to build traffic. 

Kriti Singhal
Kriti Singhal
from Gurgaon
8 years ago

Champati, I am regularly posting good photographs and interacting with lot of bloggers... Will now focus more on that and let's see how it turns out to be. :)

champati manikanta
from kakinada
8 years ago

Adding more photographs means adding serial photographs from starting to ending.. It helps readers know well about your dish rather than posting pics related to final output dish...

You can add photographs which help your blog a lot....Laughing

1-20
21-26
LockSign in to reply to this thread