Palla Sridhar would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Kindly review my Microsoft and Technology Blog

Palla Sridhar
Palla Sridhar
from VISAKHAPATNAM
8 years ago

The blog is about 5 years old. It started as windows7port.com and fearing EMD penalty, I moved to this new domain pallareviews.com.

The blog is about mostly Microsoft products. But it also contains reviews on hosting and SEO products - HostGator and SEMrush. The blog has a monthly traffic of 100k pageviews with Windows 10 articles making more noise. 

Though most of the stats are taken from other websites, YouTube videos and images found on Google, I have summarized the content in an "efficient" way for the average user to get information more simply.

: ) Thanks for reading.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

http://www.pallareviews.com/4468/fix-is-your-windows-10-monitor-not-working-these-steps-can-help/

uYBSTKY.png

ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe is an Intel Z77 chipset based motherboard- not a monitor. 

Palla Sridhar
Palla Sridhar
from VISAKHAPATNAM
8 years ago

Hmm. I didn't check in the back-end actually. What I got data from a forum that I posted there. Anyhow, it becomes part of configuration. Not just sticking to monitors.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

So, you're just taking extracts from tech forums? What are you exactly doing other than compiling it together? 

Shouldn't you do research by doing trial and error from your end rather than using advice from the forums? Reading a website that uses multiple forums as a source is like going to a restaurant and eating packaged frozen food that's just come out of a microwave. That's not the way. The content should be fresh. Content from forums usually has a mix of people who are either following a logic flow of troubleshooting or just throw random ideas specifically based on the hardware specs and give it a shot. Not everyone uses controllers. Even most PC gamers use keyboard and mouse. There's also PS/2 and via USB. But the point is there's absolutely no flow to help users of any skillset to help to localize the issue before resolving it. That forums is just a fewer than usual circumstances. Considering having a troubleshooting chart to help people narrow the issue down. 

Did you even install Windows 10 in your system and simulate the necessary steps and take screenshots from it? Because I just did Google image search of few images on your site, and it belongs to another source. You're just taking content from multiple sources and putting it together. That's not how its supposed to be done. You're supposed to do research, find solutions, make a logical flow of troubleshoot to help people figure where its going on and it should be written in a way that any people (well...most anyway) with any tech skill set will be comfortable to follow it through.

Look at how a very old website called 'askvg.com' is running! They're guiding every step of the way.  I learned a very basic motion graphics when using Adobe after effects by referring to a guide. It guided me every step of the way how to do motion graphics with text, and I used the same method for images. This peaked my interest to learn from the same guy because he started from scratch. See how tech troubleshooting websites like askvg.com works, and then give direction to your users. It's not possible if you rely on forums for content. You have to do it yourself from your end. That's what tech blogging is all about, or else you're hoarding things together which will never get any results. 

Intel X99 chipset does not have an onboard graphic support unlike Z77, Z87, Z97 and the recent Z170- and AMD APUs. AMD drivers (Chipset or GPU) are not the same as Intel or Nvidia. Yet, it's compiled together in a way anyone can be confused. I read somewhere in that same link "Install latest Win 10 Driver for R9 200 (in my case)" so I am assuming that you do have a system with a Radeon R9 200 series GPU. Because if you don't, that means you took it from a source you mentioned. I'll give credit that you did mention the source, but that's not how troubleshooting websites works. Forum content is a peer-based content. Web sites and blogs are individual based content that's ideally supposed to be more refined and have a logical flow of troubleshooting. Because if you can't identify the issue, how are you going to solve it? 

I learnt a very basic motion graphics when using Adobe after effects

Palla Sridhar
Palla Sridhar
from VISAKHAPATNAM
8 years ago

thanks for such a detailed feedback on the article.

But I want to make a few things clearer. 

First, I'm a part-time blogger with not much of finanacial and time resources. Second, I'm not the askvg.com who is a MVP. Third, my expertise is limited. 

Coming to your view point, that I should test the content on my hardware before posting, is not everyone's piece of cake. This is because, even if you have done so much of homework on that side and posted content after doing "practical case-study", you are not sure whether you get good ranking in Google or not. If you don't get top rank in Google, there is not much traffic. So making it short, even after you spent so much time in "researching" there is no guaratee you get "productivity" from that article. Though blogging is not mainly about "money", I also look into those aspects to run my dailyhood. 

Finally, my expertise is in researching Google for a solution (and be correct as far as possible) and report results in a summary. For example, the above solutions were taken after reading different forums and websites. This requires some effort and time. So this what I can do in my limited scope. Sorry if I didn't meet your expectations. :0