Sumil Dutta would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Please review my design blog.

Sumil Dutta
Sumil Dutta
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Dzignchakra has been created to help people understand good design  and implement them in their life to make it more beautiful, organized and healthy. We aim to connect our readers to a wealth of design resources, ideas and community online.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi Sumil,

Here is what I'd like to share.

1. When I landed on your site, before I could even look at its - Headline - a Popup was displayed asking for my Name and Email Id.What I suggest is that, you display you’re Registration Popup only after the site visitor has stayed on your page for some time.  Most Popups can be configured to display according to the site owners requirements. 

A popup that appears immediately when a site visitor lands on your page can be a trifle annoying and can increase your website's site visitor's bounce off rate.

2. Take a long had look at your Popup.This is what the Popup says:Quote:Stay updated with latest trends Want to be notified about the latest happenings in design industry ? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know. SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER NOWUnQuote:

Then ask yourself, is this enough reason for a site visitor to part with their Primary Email Address?  Normally, Popups make an offer that a site visitor cannot refuse in exchange for their Primary Email Address.Perhaps you could offer:A free 1 hour - Consultation Access to a monthly free webinar at which they can ask and get their design answersA free 1 year's  subscription to a design magazine

Make an irresistible offer to register. Then watch your Mailing list grow.  Notice that the first two options encourage - Personal Engagement - between you and the site visitor. Great for business.3. On the Home page I could not find any way I could get in touch with you.  Today a website MUST encourage engagement between the site owner and the site visitor.

Once engagement occurs, trust build. Only when trust builds does - Business - happen.4. Your About Us pageYou are losing a terrific opportunity here. The first threads of trust begin on the About Us page.  Serious buyers always check out the About Us page. They are all looking for various reasons to connect with a human being. Place a write up about YOU on the About Us page.  Place a nicely posed, relaxed pose, full length picture of you.  The About Us page content MUST trigger a reader's instant impulse to connect with you.Place contact information, Landline and Mobile numbers and other means of contact on this page.The content, images, videos, podcasts, used must all be - Site visitor centric - not otherwise.On a final note, there is nothing on your Home Page that is compelling enough for a site visitor to register on your site so that they can convert to a business lead.I hope I've been helpful. BTW, I loved the look, feel and navigation of the site. Warmly

Ivan Bayross

Sumil Dutta
from Bangalore
8 years ago

That was a really good review sir. I will work on the points mentioned by you. As of now i have disabled the pop-up and would rather depend on the sidebar for the registrations till the point i am able to generate a good offer / a ebook for my readers. All the points stated by you are very valid and will work towards personal engagement with the visitor. 

Thanks a lot for the honest review .

Ivan Bayross
Ivan Bayross
from Mumbai
8 years ago

You're welcome Sumil. Glad to be of help.  My suggestion, keep the popup, ensure that it pops up after a site visitor is 60% down the page.  

Offer a 1 hour personal consult either in person or on Skype if someone signs up.  This multiplies engagement and helps turn a prospect to a paying customer.

All the very best always.