Nitin would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://tinytidbits.in/ ] IndiRank: 68

Tidbits -A home for stories, poems and a little bit of everything

Nitin
Nitin
from Pune
7 years ago

I write stories. All types of it. Fiction and non-fiction. Shortform and longform. Introspections and experiences. I have already published a few stories on Medium.com and some of them have got over 2000 views and hundreds of recommendations.

I'm a newbie and would appreciate any kind of feedback and guidance. 

Thanks a lot

Nitin

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: update
Replies 1 to 4 of 4

Nice to find a blog on stories here, and I read "The Accident" story. Very impressive. You are a story teller and that's someone I like.

I'm reading others, but just want to tell you a few things, disregard whatever you feel are irrelevant.

1. This is more of a suggestion. Try to read and learn about dramatic structure, plot and characters. I'm not saying you didn't do it already, but I think the more you learn these aspects, the better you would become. You can always find ways to subvert the conventions, but knowing them in the first place would definitely help.

2. I don't know the kind of editing you have done before publishing it, but I would recommend more stringent editing. All of us writers would hate editing and I'm no exception, but editing can only mean one thing. Better stories. And it will help you to avoid sentences like these "It was very peaceful and tranquil there." Peaceful and Tranquil mean the same and I felt there was no reason for both of them to be in that sentence. IMHO Laughing

3. And finally, read and write more.

I will add more suggestions if and when I feel the need.

Nitin
Nitin
from Pune
7 years ago

Thanks a lot Narashimha. First of all for your time. This is something which is most precious. So you taking out time and giving such a detailed feedback means a lot to me. 

Second, I agree on the editing part. I use grammarly for editing (though I skipped in this post :P). The detailed editing like not using 'peaceful and tranquil' together would require me to be a little more disciplined when i'm editing the drafts. 

I'm already working on the third point. Now you've mentioned, will strive for more :)

SWAPNIL PANDEY
SWAPNIL PANDEY
from Hyderabad
7 years ago

hey nice to catch up here in indiblogger..guide me

Mehar
Mehar
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Great work Nitin! Love the layout and look overall!