Happy Hour: Celebrating Friendships With ZEE TV's Yaaron Ki Baraat

Heena Dhedhi
Heena Dhedhi
from Mumbai
7 years ago
This Happy Hour Topic is only for blogs with an IndiRank of 70 or above.Submissions from blogs below 70 IndiRank will not be considered.

https://www.indiblogger.in/happyhours.php?permalink=zee_celebrating_friendships/

For the first time on Indian television, ZEE TV brings you a fun-filled chat show Vivo Smartphone presents Yaaron Ki Baraat co-powered by Amazon.in and Brooke Bond Red Label that will put celebrity friendships to test through a series of fun challenges and tasks. Tune in to ZEE TV at 8 PM on 8th October. 

Replies 1 to 20 of 131 Ascending
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@Sorcerer i left the conversation long back :P

l personally appreciate your attitude of taking things lightly.
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Grammar divides people. makes friends into enemies, a reason behind divorces and separation, a reason behind two business partners splitting up, a reason behind a failing business (this is true- why would you eat in a restaurant which says "cheese girled sandwich"?), a reason behind sibling squabbles... and now, a reason for not winning a thingy!!! :(

arey, karthik and sloword. lets leave it no? just shake on it and let go. If someone has a feedback directed to indiblogger, there's nothing wrong. Even I say somethings which apparently people say its too childish(?). 

HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Ahhh...Grammar divides people? I thought Saas vs Bahu or Politics only divides people...when did Grammar and Sandwich came in between for this?

(BTW, it means I had pulled this old threads before and now Tongue out)

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Jaane de bhai....Y so serious !! Chil pill maro...

HR
HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Gramma’rain’… in fact all of you shall ‘thank God’, do you know why? God didn’t let me study in English medium till HSC, or else you know na….sabb literature ko bag me pack karke phenk diya hota ab tak Cool.

I'm very sorry, but I did not understand your point. I appreciate your situation that didn't allow you to study English until HSC.

I certainly do NOT, under any cicumstances, feel that knowing how to speak, read or write English makes any one superior to any one else. I completely and utterly reject that premise. There are mountains of literature that have come to us from Spain, France, Russia, Italy, India ( many different languages. I still hold Premchand and Jaishankar Prasad in very high regard ), and from many other countries around the world. English is just a language, like any other language. Being proficient in a language does not mean you are smarter, more intelligent or otherwise superior or evolved than someone else.

I would NEVER consider throwing away any art - in any language, in any form. 

HR
from Bangalore
7 years ago

You will understand but it may take time Laughing.

I would be happy if each one's mother tongue's grammar taking care at least 5%

You're absolutely correct. No one should be forcing you to use any rules. It's a free world! Bake a cake. Make a lake. Fake a rake. Burn all rules!

Grammar is the system of a language. People sometimes describe grammar as the "rules" of a language; but in fact no language has rules*. If we use the word "rules", we suggest that somebody created the rules first and then spoke the language, like a new game. But languages did not start like that. .... https://www.englishclub.com/grammar/what.htm

I have not used any bad language. I have asked questions or made statements that define my position. Just like you did. 

I think I've been civil. 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

You were anything but civil and mocked me.. . I expressed my views to the moderation team .

You mocked about pitying me, said I was whining among other things. I never said anything personal about anyone. But what you said was a personal thing which i strongly object

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@slwword : I repeat . keep ur attitude with u ..  try to respect ppl in the forum and maintain civility.

I'm being most polite because  I respect the forum's decorum and hence refraining from saying anything.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

The moment I saw "50 vouchers" I knew it would be sheer waste of time if I wrote... Hell yea I was so right! [Hahahahohoho]

One more thing, keeping an eligibility clause (IR>= 70) was as justified as keeping only a small number of vouchers. I find the whole thing sane and pleasing.

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

I have a gut feeling that TS is going to lock this thread before too long Tongue out 

Of course. You don't need anything from me. That's quite alright.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

HI Sorcerer, I wish he can be as polite as others who have voiced their opinions in a civil way, but his attitude is overclouding his judgments..

You whined about the results. Now you're whining about my criticism of your position on the matter of grammar. Is there anything else you'd like to whine about? 

Your sentence is wrong. There is no element of subjectivityin this. There is no Hawkeye, Hotspot and Ball tracker involved.  Black or white. 0 or 1. If you refuse to understand that, I can only pity you.  

Ever wonder why 9 editors were needed for one novel? 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

I dont need your pity man.. It's you who refuse to accept the notion that everything can be interpreted in different ways

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

now, now. Thy shall not fight among friends for we are all one.

Kavita Panyam
Kavita Panyam
from Secunderabad
7 years ago

Got my voucher. Thanks team IB and Zee Tv.

Vinayak SP
Vinayak SP
from Pune
7 years ago

Bhai log, discussions se kuch hoga nhi.. No-one is replying officially.... only we ppl talking here... Better, we need to remove those posts and keep save it for next opportunity... and also its important to redirect its link for better SEO.

I think this is the solution we need to discuss here...  

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Having said all this, I'll probably want to say, I respect the judge's decision and deem it as final

judges decision is final, but we as bloggers must voice our concern if we see anomalies.

So writing skills do not include grammar? Very interesting. How does one define writing skill? Can I be a skillfull cricketer and not know the rules of the game? I want to be a C# programmer, but I can't be bothered to learn the syntax. I want to be a prize-winning chef, but I don't care to learn how to use the spices properly.

Dale Steyn cannot make up his own rules. Sachin Tendulkar couldn't either. The rules of the game are the rules of the game. You cannot make up your own grammar. I mean, you could. But don't expect to come over and read your blog.

A novel is not an individual's work? What are you smoking? I can see ****ens, Hardy all the Brontes and pantheon of writers beating their ( not "they're" or "there" ) chests.

I vs i.

Aiyiyiyiyi - that was the last straw!!! 

Discriminations are worst. If grammatically perfect blogs are to be sorted out, millions of blogs would fail the test as of date.[mine will be first]
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Hi @Sloword .I dont think you understood the issue clearly

Issue is not about rejection for poor quality posts with huge grammatical mistakes or badly formed sentences. That has always been a criteria for judgement since beginning and we gladly approve of that criteria, to maintain a certain quality.

What we are talking about are a few full stops between two paragraphs and a couple of commas, which doesn't hurt the grammar nor the sentence. Also in some cases, the author feels the comma isnt required to stress the importance, while another reader thinks he may need it.  In my case I was rejected because I wrote "I too had a love story" and moderation comment was it should have been "I, too, had a love story". So its a rejection based on subjective understanding from a different perspective. than a grammatical error rejection.

So you feel this can be compared to Sachin and Dale Steyn, but I feel this is a poor comparison. Now you get the irony :)

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@narasimha sharma : I was finding those errors in blogs where ppl had posted above, that they got the voucher

It was their discretion to pass the largesse on the ones they wanted to in the first place. These silly discriminations are forte of Zee group. What was the point of being above 70, and ranking in top five submitters in fastest fingers, and still getting the reject. They ought to have their agenda clear and straight. They just rejected to accomodate some late submitters. [ bitter facts to be taken with a pinch of salt.]
hem lata srivastava
hem lata srivastava
from delhi
7 years ago

I got a reply satating that i was late in submiting the post, whereas i had submit the post within 2 hours from the time the submit botton was active i.e. 7:30 pm. i have also raised the ticket for same but i have got no response. please help.

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
7 years ago

Hey Hemlata, for the Happy Hours, you have to submit within the first few seconds (or at best within the first 2 minutes, if the number of vouchers are comparatively high enough) to have any real chance of winning a voucher. In plain words, it's more of a "fastest finger first". Even when there are say about 300 vouchers in total to be won, you have to submit within the first one or two minutes. Or else you will be pipped by others. For this particular Happy Hour, which had only 50 vouchers, one had to submit by 6:01 to stand any chance. Hard luck, Hem Lata, but never mind, there will be more Happy Hours in the near future, I am sure. I wish you good luck for them. However make sure that you submit your post, sharp at the given time.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

Now I'm beginning to read blogs like an English teacher  :P  Found atleast 15 places which required a comma and a few minor grammatical errors too :)

Whose blogs? yours own?

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Got mine.. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread