Soma Banik would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.cosmeticsarenas.com ] IndiRank: 45

Please review my month old blog on Cosmetics review and Beauty tips

Soma Banik
Soma Banik
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

At first I would like to thank Indiblogger for giving me a space. I started writing blog in the month of August, 2016. Cosmetics Arena is my dream and passion as well. I would be grateful if you review my blog.

Thank you soo much, take care...😊😊

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: one spelling mistake
Replies 1 to 4 of 4
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

From one review website owner to another, your website looks like a website from the 90s. 1080p resolution is the most commonly used screen resolution- for PCs and for phones. Your theme design looks to be made for a time when we had CRTs. If you run a review website, it should like a review website. Even for blogspot, there are way better themes out there. You just need to search and customize it. Just get a simple logo. And nobody has a legal disclaimer on the menu. Its always there on the footer. 

Same for About Us, Contact Us and Sitemap (why would you need a sitemap link on the menu?). Remove your introduction and keep it under the footer as well. Menu should have the basic category of your content. Reviews. Self-Help Guides, Tips, New Releases, etc. It doesn't cover all of that in the menu. The way you write content also needs serious work. Your introduction makes sense for videos or podcast. But not really for a written content. First set of words always get indexed by search engines. Your introduction doesn't even mention the product name.

If you had a self hosted WP site, its a different story since you can use SEO tools. But with blogspot, you need to have a proper introduction. Your cons need to be concise and to the point. Reviews should reflect good and bad points. Let the user make the decision. Some bad points does not affect the end user. But when you say "and sometimes I feel like bring cheated", it already makes that impression that you want users to stay away. It needs to be objective. If you're just running the website casually, none of it matters. But if you want to make it as a professional site, you have to make a lot of effort. 

Your sidebar is way too long. 

Soma Banik
Soma Banik
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Thank you, I will try to work on the things. I worked really hard in the past two months. But now I think, I have done nothing. 

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

If you think that way, then you'll be skeptical to improve. It's just a two-month blog so I wouldn't be too discouraged. But you have to learn new things quickly. New blogs come every day so you have to make smart changes frequently to stay ahead. What I said is based on the experience of running a review website for six years. Imagine the number of trial and error I had to go through. What I said is basically giving you a crash course so that you can continue in the right direction. I am not sure how many good looking beauty sites are there But in India, I haven't seen one apart from youtubers. So on the bright side, there is an advantage. Look out for reputed beauty blogs. See how the website is organized. The way they start the article, testing method, format of the entire review, etc. Read their comments and see what their readers expect from a review. If you want to earn via ads and affiliate links, everything has to be done right because your main source of traffic should be the regular people. So- first impression is important. 

Google out for methods to take better product photos. Use the logo as a watermark. Once you have the tick in the right places with a proper design and editing methods, it's easier to pitch to brands for sending products, getting invited to exclusive launches, doing interviews with some people. Eventually working your way up to have a fan following and youtube content/podcasting. This is of course if you want to grow and run it like an independent media website. 

Soma Banik
Soma Banik
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Yes you are absolutely right. Thank you soo much for your inputs. I will try to improve things very soon. Thank you once again for sharing your experiences.

Soma Banik
Soma Banik
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Thank you soo much dear Anupriya...😊😊😊..I was about to give up ..but your reply has come up as a surprise gift...love you ...take care..

And of course I will review...😊😊😊...

Â