Bluehost or Godaddy?

Anki Bhoye
Anki Bhoye
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Hello bloggers, my blog is turning 1 next month and I am thinking of getting a domain. I was actually thinking of getting hosting from bluehost which comes with 1 yr free domain. I am in a dilemma if I should do so, or just get a domain from Go daddy. What would you advice?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Ascending
Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
6 years ago

Buy domain from godaddy and hosting space from bluehost or hostgator. Having the domain registered with a neutral party makes it easier to switch server host, if there may be any issue later on. But so far I have not found much issues with bluehost except that they don't accept my new .buzz domain! 

Anki Bhoye
from Mumbai
6 years ago

That sounds helpful, I will look into it. But this really suits my needs and I might consider doing it this way, getting domain from neutral party seems more efficient in the long run. Thanks for your advice, it definitely helps 😃

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

No to both. Avoid EIG owned hosting services and GoDaddy. Among some site owners, Vapourhost, cloudaxis and basezap seem promising. But IMO making a decision to buy hosting space for a month old site would seem premature unless you have a very long term plan to make money out of it. Or else just buy a domain and use it, let one year's time end and make a decision accordingly. By the time this happens you'll have more experience with running and managing a website. 

Anki Bhoye
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Yes Sorcerer, my blog is turning a year old, and it did take me that much time to decide that I want my own domain and I am doing it to make it appear more professional and promising. I am willing to invest to build a trust with my readers more than money, I want them to realize I am serious about thus and they can trust me. I will look out for the other hosting options that you suggested, thanks for that. I am not sure if I want a self hosted blog or just a domain. Thanks for your answer, it sure gave me some more options to go through.

And I get your concern, I'll do my reasearch and then decide. I can't imagine making such a decision after one month of blogging 😅😅 now I feel I belong in this community and so I am willing to take a step ahead 

Ramya
Ramya
from Delhi
6 years ago

Blue host any day

Anki Bhoye
from Mumbai
6 years ago

Thanks for your response Ramya, that helps🤘

LockSign in to reply to this thread