Laxminarayan Gupta would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Would anyone like to review my self-improvement blog?

I am writing about the self-improvement niche.All my articles are 100% original.

I am blogging for last 2 months. I had no previous experience of writing or blogging.

if anyone can review my blog it will be a great help for me.

Edited 6 years ago
Reason: I was missing to add some important information.
Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Shayoni Majumder
Shayoni Majumder
from Kolkata
6 years ago

I like your blog. Ypu keep updating quotes and stories which is good. The self-written articles are subtle and calm. Keep writing and improving!

Thanks, Shayoni Majumder for your kind support. Please share some tips with me to improve my writing skills. If you have any suggestions for me don't hesitate to share.

You can Criticise me for bad writing or Praise me for my efforts, no matter what the situation is I will accept with the open heart.Once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

I don't know if my content is good then why Bounce Rate of my blog is 100%. If anyone can help me to detect the issue, please let me know via comments.

Thanks to everyone.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

When I thought it was a self-improvement blog, it was more like 'How to get into shape?" or "How to choose the best makeover for yourself?" or "Why isn't it too late to graduate and climb another stepping stone?" and stuff like that. Literally in the sense improvement oneself. Your blog is more towards inspiration and spiritual(?) side of things. 

You have to ask yourself the question: Why are you blogging? Objectively. Is it to make money out of it at some point. Make content where people come back to the site to know more about self-improvement. The internet is filled with motivational quotes. I'll probably get most of them from a phone wallpaper's app as well. So its hard to get a site like this indexed and searched by people. Most of the traffic will be eaten by sites like scoopwhoop and BuzzFeed. People need real world advise to pick up the pieces, improve and move ahead in life. Inspiration is good for people who at least something in life. People need guidance. With a domain name like that,

I would go towards that direction because such people who no matter how bad they're right now will always search for ways to get up- even online. There are many such websites, but it always gets people through. But it also depends on what you want to do. Running blogs like this is no different from running an independent online publication. I need to know what's your gameplan for running such a site.

BTW, you should know I have two websites. I never wanted to be a blogger. The situation turned that way where I needed to protect the content I already published and it spearheaded. My second website didn't do so well. I changed the domain name in year 2 and this is year 3. I got a plan on what I want to do and what kind of content it needs to be there. Improved upon it. restructured the site, content. Added few more categories. Now its hitting 10% to 20% bounce rate and about 15-19 minutes average time on site. That's the effort I've put three days ago. And restructuring is still pending. So a game plan is needed. The first site is eight years old and doing well. So I have 1 site called Hardware BBQ which has great everything from day and another is no progress at all other than 1-25 page views per day until recent planning for Dawn of Tech.

Have a plan. 

Dear Sorcerer,

Thanks very much for your valuable support. You are right I hadn't any game plan for my site till now but I should seriously think about it. I like your suggestion that people like real advice but that is also true that people need inspiration in life for moving forward.I started this website as a hobby or you can as for testing my writing skill. I hadn't any intention to earn money from it, that's why you can see, I haven't properly monetized it. 

The writing was a passion for me from starting but I never write in the English Language before writing on this blog. I was writing in Hindi, as I am a Hindi Medium student from my childhood to college level. But, I had strong zeal and interest to write articles in English, that's what I tried there.

If you have some suggestions or tips for me to improve my writing skills, or improve my website design, or any other thing, please feel free to share with me. If you have read an article on my site, please share your opinions about "How was the article?", "Do you like or not?", "Do you feel motivated or not?", or any other thing you want to share.

Again, thanks for your precious efforts for reviewing my site. I am also planning to start a site in the Hindi Language about the same topic, do you have any suggestions for me?

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
6 years ago

No, not really motivating for me since I was reading it form a point of view to see how your writing was. Along with the dedication to get a domain name, I assumed you would want to go down the way to see if you can run it more than a hobby for the time being. This also depends on the person's current situation at the time of reading and what is he looking at. Eventually, everybody writes because they're passionate about something and the only way to put that forward is to write. But at some point when you're running the site for a long time, you will think of it from a business perspective. The only way to do that is to gain a very large number of readers. Until you decide to get into it from that POV, you need have that kind of content which pulls people back in. So think of a plan to decide if this type of content is something you want to go forward with and has the ability to be monetized if and when you decide to go forward. People get inspired on their own if part of their actions leads to progress. Words are words unless actions fill them up with a real-world meaning. 

The same site in a different language? That's a lot of work than having two different sites for two different type of content which anyways becomes a full-time job.