Paritosh Kumar would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://fictionandlife.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Please review my personal blog...

Paritosh Kumar
Paritosh Kumar
from Noida
14 years ago

Hi....

I feel that my readership numbers are very bad and I am kinda getting depressed by this. So please please please check out my blog before I take some drastic steps and start kidnapping people to read my blog.

Just kidding. About the readership numbers part. Foot in mouth 

I have started a new series of posts about my schoollife, some what influenced by the "Five point someone".  I want to know ur honest opinions about it before I invest more time in it.

Awaiting ur comments.

Happy Blogging!!

Paritosh

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Rajat Arora
Rajat Arora
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hello Paritosh,

First of all, I should congratulate you for writing so well! I just loved your conversational style of writing - the way you are able to insert anecdotes and humour inside your posts. I can never do that!

The blog template is simple, and it suits your way of writing. Plain and Simple. But I should advise you to remove FEEDJIT from your sidebar. For reasons why, read this post by Shrey Goyal.

http://shrey-knows.blogspot.com/2008/11/feedjit.html

Your posting frequency is good for a personal blog. You've already written 59 posts in 2009, which is a healthy number.

Fiction is your forte, I guess. Try writing more of it in future.

You are worried about pageviews? This is easily remedied.

I don't think when people are introduced to your blog they won't read it. That means, you need to share a bit more. Do you have a Facebook account? Share the links there. Are you on twitter? Tweet about your posts. Submit your post permalinks to StumbleUpon, Digg, Mixx, Delicious and other social bookmarking sites. Email your contacts when you write a new post. Urge your readers to subscribe to your blog's RSS feed. Make your GoogleTalk's status the link of your latest post.

Best of all, start reading more blogs and comment of them. Not the ones like "nice article" and "good post", but meaningful ones, that add value. Every commenting system worth its salt has a field for URL. If the post author liked your comment, he/she will surely visit your blog, and post a comment too!

I hope these suggestions were useful.

Paritosh Kumar
Paritosh Kumar
from Noida
14 years ago

Thanks a ton guys for the revies. And sorry for the delay in showing my gratitude. It never occured to me that anyone could review my blog and then write such good stuff about it. Silly me.

@Rajat

Well bro... as far as the feedjitwidget is concerned, I like to know how people are coming onto my blog. Kinda market analysis. Once my readership is upto a certain critical, I swear, I'll remove the widget. Till then, please bear with me.