Shruti would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Looking for feedback to improve my blog

Shruti
Shruti
from Nuremberg
5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been blogging for about a year now. I mostly blog about travel and living abroad in Germany. I also write about varied topics from time to time and would love to get your input on how to improve my blog. 

I would also love some ideas on whether I should build a specific niche or keep it fairly broad?

Thanks a lot for your time and attention.

Best,

Shruti

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

I bet you get a lot of people saying "you should have a youtube channel". It makes sense because it makes sense. A lot of such bloggers do have both written content and youtube. Some even have podcasting on a weekly basis. It also depends how you want to grow, if running a site is like a hobby or you want to take it down to the path of a part-time profession as a writer for a particular genre and make your website as your brand. I know (and surely you do) there are many such travel vloggers, but you have that momentum with your website and content. Both platforms reach a different type of audience. 

QIwBrXy.png

Apart from that, remove these. You already have a social sharing thingy. Also Most people don't need "About me" below every article. People who are interested will click on your name in the article or check About/Contact us. The idea is to keep that section clean. 

I really like the part where you display the disclosure. I have nothing but respect for such people. This is what we should be doing. Most people do not. 

Shruti
Shruti
from Nuremberg
5 years ago

Hi there!

Thankyou so much. I think when you work on your blog sometimes you get blind to obvious facts. I really like the recommendation on keeping it clean. I'm working on the stuff you mentioned. About youtube, hehe I have been told that a lot honestly. Unfortunately, I haven't yet had the time to set up and build and create videos. I feel like I wanted to create an amazing blog first, and then I will think of other ways to share my content. I have to be honest, I have been thinking about it for a while now. But I have to build a concrete plan and dedicated time for it. My aim is to eventually turn into an authority site on all things Germany/Europe/India. Thanks a lot for your lovely feedback. I highly appreciate it! :)