Santwona Patnaik would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Looking forward to an honest feedback on my blog - UNLEASHED THOUGHTS

Santwona Patnaik
Santwona Patnaik
from Bhubaneswar
5 years ago

“Unleashed Thoughts” is a unique lifestyle blog which communicates about the innumerable perceptions of a human mind. Though I have been writing for a while now (mostly at leisure), I launched my own website just few months back. It covers topics ranging from social issues, lifestyle, festivals, reviews to true stories.

I offer a refreshing and uninhibited take on every aspect of life (mostly inspired by personal experiences). 

Now that I have decided to take up blogging on a professional front, it would be great to know your views on the look, feel and content of my blog. This is just the beginning and I still have miles to go!

https://santwonapatnaik.com/UnleashedThoughts/

Edited 5 years ago
Reason: I have updated the topic description with my blog link now, for easier reach.
Replies 1 to 2 of 2
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

You're a good writer and have a well-balanced POV, which is very refreshing because I end up catching plagiarists, content spinners and just those people whose content I doubt anyone can relate with (usually). Your content is very balanced and in touch with the current perspective, especially when I read that IPC 48A article side-by-side to the hypocrisy of the great Indian society article. I think VICE Stories did a story on this in Youtube regarding a supporting group for troubled husband/men in that situation. But also provides POV professional and person from both sides of the argument. Personally, I find it strange Shubhashish Bhutiani would face criticism for that ad. I guess even an impacting ad like that can't start a conversation in the right direction and keeps at it with hopes to solve a problem. OR MAYBE that's just based on my very limited observation. 

But here's the interesting take from all of this. If you see my content, it is absolutely unlikely someone like me would start a conversation. And by you asking for a review making me check your site and read it all the way. Your sentences are simple and that's important because even if people glance at an article, it convinces them to glance it all the way and get the content in their head enough to engage in a dialogue in some sense- either directly with you here/your comment section or with someone else. I don't speak for everyone, but I am sure a majority of the people don't want to sit with a thesaurus to know the meanings of a complicated word- or words. Having a content to start a conversation with readers- whether read such content or not- is, unfortunately, hard to observe within this community.

Of course, the advice was given to someone who is running as a website as a profession/semi-profession/profession-ish? is different from those who are doing it out as a personal thing. Since you have that ability to roll out such content, maybe you should make video content on Youtube. I am sure you are aware of similar channels like Phillip DeFranco Show?

Santwona Patnaik
from Bhubaneswar
5 years ago

Well, it might sound weird. But I was slightly nervous about you, especially reviewing my website. I have been following you on different forums here, right from the day my blog got approved on Indiblogger. Somehow, I developed an impression that you have a no-nonsense attitude and believe in giving a brutally honest feedback. And here I am - my first feedback is from you!

I have read your reply for about 10 times now and can't really describe how grateful I am, for your kind words of advice. I am sure you can sense my palpitations. Thank you. It feels great to know that you believe that I have the ability to roll out decent content.

I'll be honest here. I'm relatively new to this world and treading on this path as steadily as I can. Since you suggested that I should try making video content on Youtube, I'll definitely think on these lines. I would love to hear more from you. Thanks again!

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Wow, I am not sure how to respond to the first two paragraphs. Thanks, I guess??? Innocent

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Ah. As said above, it depends on what you want to do. If you're just doing this as a personal interest nothing more as a hobby, you're doing fine. But if you see this as a profession, it has a different POV. Regardless, the content is not a problem. 

Santwona Patnaik
from Bhubaneswar
5 years ago

I am the one who should be thanking you! Getting a feedback from you, is a pleasure. Smile