5 years ago

New Lufthansa contest... Have fun folks!  Smile

https://www.indiblogger.in/drive/theblindlist

Replies 1 to 20 of 71 Ascending
Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

I haven't received mine yet. When did you guys get it? 

Have the others received it too? 

Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Just received mine (after TDS deduction) too. 'Scissor paper stone' reminded me of Rock-Paper-Scissors 😁

Isn't this taking longer than usual? Any updates on the prize money, Nihal? 

Aditi Kapur
from Faridabad
5 years ago

I received the prize money in my account after TDS deduction. Please check your account. The sender is Scissor Paper Stone.

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
5 years ago

Thanks for the info Aditi. Just checked, received mine too. It has become a habit to expect something through the email :) 

Bindumadhavi P
Bindumadhavi P
from Hyderabad
5 years ago

where do i find the winners list?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
5 years ago

Visit this link: https://www.indiblogger.in/drive/theblindlist

and once you are on the page, just as the header image ends, you will find "Winners" right beside "#TheBlindList"

Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Has anyone received their winning cash amount yet? 

Meenhaz Imran
from Kolkata
5 years ago

not yet

Pri
Pri
from Goa
5 years ago

Nope. Not yet! 

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
5 years ago

Not me. 

Deeshani Batra
Deeshani Batra
from Chandigarh
5 years ago
Has anyone received their cash prize yet?
Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Even I could not bring myself to believe that I did not win even a special mention. I made it a point to read many of the winning entries. And I guess where I slipped up was perhaps in the relevance criteria. I don't see my entries having any other problem. I guess that happens when the topic is open-ended and interpretation is subjective. It all boils down to what the judges finally expect and what is most appropriate as per the judges take on things. Anyway, I am okay with the results. You win some, you lose some. This one simply was not meant for me to win. So heads up those who have not made it. Let us wait for the next one and perhaps it will be our turn to win. Who knows!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

One of the three posts that I had written for this contest was based on Malgudi by R K and was quite literally breast-stroking its way through seas of imagination. The post did not win anything, so I guess the judges were the sort who have read only official memos and other non-imaginative jottings on files. :)

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Wow, I wrote a true story with real pictures. I knew I wasn't gonna hit the upper prize but really? Not even the bottom ones? 

Rather than running contests, just run Indione projects where people who submit their blogs get approved and gets a quote for their work based on the site's rankings if and when submitted in time. Obviously, most people are doing this to get commercial out of it. Wasn't that the point Indiblogger has that metric score thing? It's not fair on people who wrote their real-life experiences and didn't even get the bottom prize. Thanks for reminding me why I should stay out of such contests. 

I didn't check if any of them are plagiarists. Because when plagiarists from the review section were reported, the admins didn't do anything. People should just be on a lookout. 

Dear Srinivasan,

Yes… I am dejected at my entries not being a part of the winning list…but I am not complaining at that.

I don’t claim my entries to be super special and most deserving for a win but my concern is just about how the words used to propagate the contest should have had a reflection on the decisions made for winning list.  

Yes…I know that people have been in my shoes but generally they prefer to keep mum against any aberration lest they might be labeled as an outlaw or ill-cultured person. I hope that by expressing myself I have not broken any canons of civilized ways of expression.

Anyways, glad to know that you didn’t mean unpleasant things about me. After all the camaraderie should not be the casualty even if the discussion pattern tends to be on not- that- pleasant line.

Dear Srinivasan,

Yes… I am dejected at my entries not being a part of the winning list…but I am not complaining at that.

I don’t claim my entries to be super special and most deserving for a win but my concern is just about how the words used to propagate the contest should have had a reflection on the decisions made for winning list.  

Yes…I know that people have been in my shoes but generally they prefer to keep mum against any aberration lest they might be labeled as an outlaw or ill-cultured person. I hope that by expressing myself I have not broken any canons of civilized ways of expression.

Anyways, glad to know that you didn’t mean unpleasant things about me. After all the camaraderie should not be the casualty even if the discussion pattern tends to be on not- that- pleasant line.

Dear Srinivasan,

I think that you have taken my dejection as my grouse. I think that we humans are driven by emotions and if you don’t feel excited after winning and dejected after losing then you miss the real essence of being a participant in a contest.  

I think that you have made a perception about me that I am that kind of guy who is immature and therefore becomes jealous of others’ achievements and happiness. I have seen enough autumns in my life to understand that what a happy moment does offer in somebody’s life. So, I am not at all against the effort and sincerity of the two posts that I named and my intention was not to spoil their happiness.

It was just an effort to draw attention to the ‘Creative Juice’ and ‘Blind Date’ phrases used. Actually, when you use some particular words to communicate a message the receptor is bound to analyze the message based on the ambit of those words. Since, I have been a student of advertising and copywriting, I have been taught to see the words as chief communicator as many a times even a single word choice can make or break the USP of a product.

Now that my directly pointing to the posts makes me immature, I would like to write in allusion. There was a post submitted for the contest that talked about a trip to the town ‘Malgudi’. It is an interesting post. I think that the writer of this post must have drawn inspiration from phrases ‘Creative Juice’ and ‘Blind Date’ otherwise why the writer would have given his thoughts a direction towards the town ‘Malgudi’? Had there been no mention of the words ‘Creative Juice’ and ‘Blind Date’…I firmly believe that the writer would not have been able to produce such brilliant creative write-up.  

I am just trying to say that the words have their impact on the thinking pattern and when certain words are mentioned to convey a message, the response should be weighed on the touch stone of those words.  

Yes… there might be several other criteria to make a decision about but we write our posts keeping in mind the criteria that are made open to us and based on those criteria we weigh our entry. I mean is it criminal to weigh the posts on the given criterion? If it is then I apologize for being a criminal in any way. Because… I have firm beliefs in civil tenets of society.

Srinivasan
from Chennai
5 years ago

I'm not sure what words of mine conveyed you the message about me thinking of this discussion or you as "immature or jealous". Sorry if my words brought you that impression.

I just tried to explain that even the most deserved post in some contest sometimes doesn't make it to the winning list and there are others who have been in your shoes.

Well…I would like to start with congratulating all those who have won the contest.

Furthermore,being in agreement with  Vandana over feeling dejected…I would like to say that yes the winning list does show a discrepancy when we try to match it with the copy that was written for the contest.

The copy said: ”Put on your thinking caps and let those creative juices flow! Blog about going on a blind date with the world!”

When you go through the posts of Runner up #2,there is a sense that the two posts hardly commensurate with the idea of being a product of creative juice. The posts are plain articles and hardly give the feel of a blind date. (I would like to make it clear that I don’t have any personal ill-will against these two contestants, it is just that that I fail to match these two articles against the blind list yardstick with creative juice angle)

The winning list comprises a huge chunk of winners who have travelled abroad or India. So, I think that the copy of the contest should have stated clearly that the weightage would be given to entries which have mentions about real travelling of abroad or of India. I mean it would have made the point of the contest clearer.

I know that complaining after losing a contest is all about being a bad loser but I just want to say that blogging is all about expressing and observing and when some blatant divergence (the blind date issue related with two above mentioned posts) is observed as regards some contests then it should be made felt about …so that in future we should be able to see a watertight and discerning result list.

Srinivasan
from Chennai
5 years ago

Hey Neeraj. People who won would be comparing themselves with the others on the list while the rest would be thinking why didn't their post even make it to the "Special mention" category. 

The result of any contest is just a feedback to us. Every contestant has something to take away from it. I have been participating in a lot of IB contests for a long time and I have seen varied response on the results. I have seen some really quality and creative posts by bloggers that would not even make it to the least winning category. You can see the effort that they put of those posts just by reading them. But all I can do is leave a comment on such posts and nothing else.

I believe there are a lot of things that comes into play while judging a contest which as a contestant we may not be aware of. But at the end of the day, everyone who participated is a winner.

PS: This week's #IndiSpire topic is definitely a thought to ponder.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

I agree with Srinivasan when he writes that 'everyone who participated is a winner'. And yes, do send in your post on this week's indispire topic.

Vandana
Vandana
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners!

Feeling  totally dejected and disappointed. "The winners will be chosen based on quality, effort, relevance & originality." was what was mentioned. Was my creative entry so bad that it had none of these? Did it lack quality, effort, relevance? Wasn't it original? Should travel experiences be only about meeting people and activities? 

Aditi Kapur
Aditi Kapur
from Faridabad
5 years ago

Badge not batch.... sorry for the typo:/

Received the badge as well this time. That's awesome. But I can only open it through the link sent via email. Why isn't it included under my badges?

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Badge? How does one access the badge?

Aditi Kapur
from Faridabad
5 years ago

Please check your email from IndiBlogger. You'll find the code for the batch. 

Thanks IB and Lufthansa. Congrats to all the winners. 

Santwona Patnaik
Santwona Patnaik
from Bhubaneswar
5 years ago
Hi Friends, A big congratulations and best wishes to the winners! I didn’t win it this time. But, I’m going through all the winning posts now and each one of them is incredible. So well deserved!
Sangeetha Bashyam
Sangeetha Bashyam
from India
5 years ago

Thanks Lufthansa and Indiblogger and congrats to all winners.. I'm really excited that my post got special mentions..

Deeshani Batra
Deeshani Batra
from Chandigarh
5 years ago

Thanks to Lufthansa and Indiblogger. Congratulations to all the winners :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread