Ruchi Goyal would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.impemp.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 66

Impaired but empowered

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Do visit my blog at ....impemp.blogspot.com

I am open to suggestions.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Hi Ruchi:

I took a look at your blog, going through some of your post archives. Great content. My comments/suggestions are more format related.

1. In my screen, your left margin came up really wide. When I resized the window, it was okay. Maybe you could make the margin size fixed, instead of a % of the total table width?

2. I was looking for an 'About Me' or in this case 'About Prisha' type of a link. This will help newcomers to your site. If you have intentionally decided not to include such a link, then it's fine.

Best wishes to Prisha,

Ram

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Hi Ram,

Thanks so much.to be honest with you I am quite technically challenged!! I just type out whatever comes to my mind.It just has to be documented.As for your 2nd point I write from how I see she has benifitted.My point of views are very much the way we are being trained.If you could be a bit more specific about this I would be glad.as the main purpose was to help out desperate parents.thanks for writing in.

rouchi

Ram Prasad
Ram Prasad
from Chicago
15 years ago

Hi Ruchi:

Here's what I meant about point #2.

You could consider having an 'About Us' page in which you talk about yourself (as a parent). In fact what you wrote above says it very well. Something to the effect of "We are parents of Prisha and are writing this blog to help other parents..."

If you are comfortable with it, you could also share a little about Prisha's condition that she was initially diagnosed with, a small summary of what you have tried so far and what has worked and what hasn't. (I am not a parent, but I am sure that that is exactly what many who come to your blog will be looking for.)

I always maintain that blogs written honestly and from the heart will find their audience sooner or later. Just get the word out when you participate in other forums.

My best wishes,

Ram

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
15 years ago

I thought I already commented on your blog. But its missing. Anyway, just wanted to tell you your blog covers a really good cause. I highly appreciate it. I just have a suggestion - If you can write about some of these institutions in other cities as well, that might help a lot of people. It will spread the word.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Ruchi,Choose a diferent template. Too much space is being wasted.

Prisha is cool! With parents like you she has a great future ahead!

God bless.

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Thanks sooo much Amitabh and Ram.I did post the reply Ram.i am , like I told you, very basic as far as technolgy is concerened though I am equipped qith almost the latest ones for my use.

Reveda
Reveda
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Hi Ruchi,

I was going through your blog and wants to share about one of my friend's daughter- who too was challenged with hearing. However he managed to bring her to a point where she can now hear and understand one language. In fact he and his wife runs a ngo for such kids in Delhi and they assist people whose hearing is impaired. May be you can get in touch with them. It took them 7-8 years to do that. Theitr daughter is now in 6-7th standard. His email id and phone no I can provide you.

My daughter too shares one of her name with yours daughter. My sister named her Prisha. I write a blog for my daughter- i write it as her narrative. Please let me know your views. The blog address is

http://reveda.blogspot.com/

Best

Alok-Reveda's dad

Ruchi Goyal
Ruchi Goyal
from Germany
15 years ago

Thanks so much Alok ji.Thanks to the therapy that I do my Prisha leads a very normal childhood.She is 5 and is already speaking in english and is singing away hindi rhymes too from school.Any special child needs a lot of work and so thanks to Ma'am I do have been able to now work for herself too when I am not around.yes we still can keep in touch with the couple as there is always to learn from each other.all the best for Revada

rouchi