Neeraj Shinde would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://shindeneeraj.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 50

Can any noble soul review my blog?

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

I have always wondered about the way how an ordinary blog becomes a good blog. In the process, I have always been striving hard to be one of the good blog writes. Can any expert review and comment on my blog for any critisism, appreciation and recommendations?

Thanks,

Neeraj

Replies 1 to 15 of 15
yogita yadav
yogita yadav
from gurgaon
14 years ago

hie neeraj...

very intresting blog..

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks yogita! I love appreciations! But like to have critisms too - they really help me to improve :-)

Thank you once again - I see that you are following my blog now!

Regards!

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

nice blog. you wanted criticisms and I'm good at that, so here goes.

at first glance i found it slightly difficult to find criticisms but at closer look i found some finer points at which you can improve.

frankly i just went through the first few lines of your first post and although you have good content, it doesn't really keep interest alive. The post titles are vague, and perhaps if your titles express what your post content is, it might help readers decide whether they want to read a particular post or not. Having an ambiguous title may not necessarily mean that readers would be inquisitive to know what is behind the weird title. Try having posts which appeal to a wider mass.

on the flip side, your content is amazing and if you can maintain such consistency it would be amazing.

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks a zillion Aditya! Your comments sound sensible! Definitley worth working on! Thanks for your efforts in reviewing my blog!

http://shindeneeraj.blogspot.com

Kshitij
Kshitij
from Faridabad
14 years ago

Hey Neeraj,

Even i tried my hand at reviewing. Here are my points:

• You have the link to your blog in the title. Well, it does not make much sense. That's because a person has accessed that link in order to reach you page. What's the point of giving that link?
  • You know, somehow, it may be personal opinion, but I dont like the newspaper kind of look. It looks like an article. Especially because it starts with August 21, 2009 Pune, India kind of stuff.
  • You know, the content is very good. I really like the content. Makes sense...and easily relatable. Congratulations on that.
  • As pointed out by Aditya, the titles should be wackier.
  • There is this thing - the whole look and feel gives a feeling of a serious kind of blog. I would have loved to read the same content in a wacky atmosphere. I dont know if I am making sense here.
  • The small previews on the right hand side about your stories are good...makes me feel like clicking.

Overall, very good stuff. You know, I am not an expert as such... please dont mind any thing that made no sense (even if all).

K****ij

http://mitti-ka-sher.blogspot.com/

http://dusht-ka-drishtikone.blogspot.com/

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Hey K****ij,

Thanks for a detailed review and prompt response to my request. The link in the header - well that is what I always had the second thought about! I am trying to get rid of that for sure!

As of the post titles, yeah I agree some of them are not very terse to the content... My idea was to make them a slight mysterious to pull the reader into the content! Unfortunatley, this trick does not work for all of the readers! Some of them just like the newspaper headline kind of titles! Well, I shall take care to write titles more understandable, going forward!

Thanks a lot for your review! I think you all the good qualities of that of a good reviewer!

http://shindeneeraj.blogspot.com

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Neeraj, I would strongly advise against removing the link in the header as the link is very useful in guiding your readers to the homepage in case they are lost elsewhere, say for instance about page or the post page.  Yes, the hyperlink in the post title on the single post page (one which you reach after clicking a post title) can be removed. But I am not sure whether it can be done in blogger (I run my blog on wordpress).

I noticed one important point - I could not post a comment as I did not fit any of the categories in the drop down. I feel, commenting system based on name, email & website would be far better, unless & until you don't have an anti-spam software in place.

****! what did I start doing? Just few minutes before, I had tears in my eyes. I went through your post - And she wept in my arms... A heart rendering tale of relationship. A tale most common in everybody's life & in every household. Yet I don't know why I found it so unique. Right from beginning to end, I was spell bound. Your writing style is just superb.

http://www.ezaroorat.com

rahul
rahul
from Pune
14 years ago

nice blog...will wait for the next 1...

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

my pleasure Rahul!

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

@gauri - Actually, the header link that K****ij was talking about was regarding the header image (there was a hardcoding of the blog link embedded in the header-image). This image has now been modified; I mean the image itself is now modified. However, the image still hyperlinks the user to the homepage - this was and is still persistent.

Per your request, I have enabled anonymous commenting which gives almost anybody to comment on the blog posts.

Glad that you like my post. "And She Wept In My Arms..." is among my personal favourites.

Elizabeth Joseph
Elizabeth Joseph
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Yeah... I loved "And She Wept in My Arms"...Would suggest you to add more vibrancy to your page..with a bit more of colours :) many have already pointed it out to you

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

That's interesting Elizabeth, Well, could you please ellaborate about vibrancy and colours? Are you looking for some specific things for improvement in my blog? Let me know, I would love to do that!

Talking Skull
Talking Skull
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Ques: Can any noble soul review my blog?

Ans: NO. The "Noble souls" are all extinct....

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

hilarious skull! Your blog is a one hell of a blog man... I am intrigued!

Talking Skull
Talking Skull
from Kolkata
14 years ago

Thanks Neeraj - BTW, please ignore my earlier comment - that was written in the middle of a tele-conference which I was not interested in.... :-)

I had read your post titled "And she wept in my arms" sometime back and it was great. As I see it, you are a 'veteran blogger' - so, no need to change anything on the content and composition. However, the text on the left sidebar ("What readers have to say?") can be smaller for easy reading.

Otherwise, keep blogging...

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks Talking Skull :)

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Have changed the phrase - "What readers have to say" to "Fresh Reactions"

Thanks for the input! The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement :P

Cheers!

Man In Painting
Man In Painting
from delhi
14 years ago

Neeraj,

you have a wonderful blog.loved both the components and its characters.but the whole thing had the look of a friendly crowd waiting for something.waiting for a sign or something ..i think you will make them dance in  near future

cheers

MIP

Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

I didn't get exactly what we want to say! Could you please elaborate. Thanks for your time!

Seema Syed
Seema Syed
from Managalore
14 years ago

Hi Neeraj,

Great blog. Keep the good work going. Good content and well-written.

Regards,

Seema

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks Seema for evaluating my blog!

Aduhi Chawngthu
Aduhi Chawngthu
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Neeraj

I read a few posts, and what I can tell is you put a lot of heart in what you write, and I like the topics you choose - child abuse, giving to the poor etc. And you seem to update very frequently which shows interest and enthusiasm.

On the other hand, I dont like the layout much.  Too much stuff cramped in there, it's a bit overwhelming, but that's just my opinion. Me, I like it as clutter-free as could be.

Anyway, you're doing a great job, keep it up!

aduhi

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks Aduhi for the blog review! And appreciate your honest opinion on the same. Layout doesn't matter more than the posts for sure - It is just as a beautiful soul in a body. I am feeling glad that you liked my writings, that's all that matters to me!