What attracts a blog post ?

DaisyBlue
DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey guys,

WIth Indivine & blog of the month nominations, I'm coming across many blogs. Just wanted to get from all of you.. what makes you even read a blog post forget commenting.

1)Short & sweet(I hate a big post that makes me scroll .. !! )

2)A picture to add flavour

3)Topic

4)Blog layout as such

5)Page load time

This would be a good lesson for all of us to improve !!

So pour in your thoughts..Smile

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Ascending
Ashutoh Bihani
Ashutoh Bihani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

the topic: everyone loves a controversy

Dr. Mahesh Sinha
from Raipur
14 years ago

Cool

Nicole
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

true!!!!

Siddhesh Kabe
Siddhesh Kabe
from London
14 years ago

free mein publicity...

i prefer a blog wid nice content...den if its rank is less its up 2 u to upgrade it...

plus i have xperimented wid characters, if u write bout a particular character...ppl tend 2 come back again!!!!

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

This topic prompted me to write a topic ! Smile

How to dress up a blog .

http://www.gingerchai.com/2009/08/29/how-to-dress-up-a-blog/

Dr. Mahesh Sinha
from Raipur
14 years ago

nice presentation

DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

I owe a credit ! :)

tys
tys
from Sharjah
14 years ago

* Content will be my concern.

* Pictures

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Grammar all the way.

While casting my vote for the blogger of the month, even if I came across a good blog with bad grammar or 'sms lingo', I simply walked away  from there. I believe that a good blog needs to have good language. Language is something that can express ones thoughts perfectly and if one cannot use the language to the best of its ability, then one is failing to express their thoughts in the correct manner. Many people don't give two hoots about their grammar, but I fell it is essential.

DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

Grammar and sms lingo.. thats a good one !

Vinay Bavdekar
Vinay Bavdekar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I would put it the following way

1. The Author: 1st we'd look at the author and then decide whether to read the blog or not.

2. The Content: After that comes the content. Yes, it should be well written and presented properly and of course, it shouldn't be too long. If it is necessarily a long post, better divide it in parts.

3. Load time: The time taken for the page to load

4. Pictures: Pictures should be placed in such a way that they do not interfere with the reading.

Dr Gaurav Singal
Dr Gaurav Singal
from CHANDIGARH
14 years ago

well i feel i blog needs to be educative as well for whatever time spent on net should be worth every penny of yours.so in short it should be crisp,lively ,with photis and to the point.

Lakshmi Rajan
Lakshmi Rajan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

1. Blog name . Sometimes i dont check a blog if the name put me off.

2. Topic title. Many times , I have read a topic jus coz the title was more creative / attractive than the content of the post.

3. Blog layout. Bad layout can at times turn away a visitor even before reading the content.

4. Content. If.. If... If .. even the layout is bad , title is bad , blog name is bad and still i manage to read a good content , I would pardon the rest.

5. Picture . Though I love using good picture in my topic , its the last that would attract me to a website at first glance.

GingerChai.com

Neeraj Shinde
Neeraj Shinde
from Pune
14 years ago

It is only the content that attracts me... precise and concisely written!

Dr. Mahesh Sinha
Dr. Mahesh Sinha
from Raipur
14 years ago

title and content is most important , short is sweet :)

Shruthi Charya
Shruthi Charya
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

I agree...I also read only the short ones but if the topic is good enough I wouldn't mind reading long articles!!:-)

Better the picture better would be the response from ur readers. So before u post a picture next time think 10 times coz' it defines YOU and YOUR BLOG!!Smile

wat say?

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

I like the long ones..if the pace is there throught out the post... some post might be boring when I am half way through... So i would just quit... I willl read fully if its really god...

The pictures ar very essential/... attractive and different pictures are always inviting and increases the curiosity. And also image should be in such a way that..it should reflect the topic about which we are writing. I simple words..A picture should explain the whole post...

As for me topic and variety are always important.. Lets say if a person is good at writing 55 fiction... I would get bored if the person keeps on wirting about 55 fiction only... so variety is always necessary...

blog layout is very important too.... first impression is always the best.... suppose if i enter a blog... It should be inviting to read.... So it mostly depends on layout...

Page load time should be low ofcourse.. But Daisy I know mine is too bad in this category..mainly because of sliders and widgets....But I would defend that..A page load time can be more....if the contents are worth reading... If a blog is really having good contents,there is no problem in waiting for a few seconds or a min....

http://ballat.blogspot.com

DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

I would contradict you.. lengthy posts bore me.. especially when I am running through time.. But ofcourse there are exceptions & they have to be really attractive in content & writing.

LockSign in to reply to this thread