Time for IndiRank to be upgraded - need ideas!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers! Now that we've completed a revamp of IndiVine, it's time for IndiRank to have an upgrade as well. Here are a few ideas I have as of now:

• We create a dashboard for every blogger (in their account), where they can see detailed info on their IndiRank.
  • This detailed info will include customized tips on how to improve IndiRank - based on the values picked up by our crawler.
  • We'll include the previous IndiRank - with graphs to show how a blog's IndiRank has changed over time, and why.
  • We'll show a countdown timer to the next update.

Any other ideas? Smile

Replies 1 to 20 of 66 Ascending
Gurdit
Gurdit
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Change the name...IndiRank indicates some sort of "Rank", whereas really, the number is a SCORE.

The image should clearly display "INDISCORE" and display "xx/100" so that people know that it's a score and not a rank :)

R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Excellent initiative Renie, to motivate the community for performing better. Looking forward to the upgrade!

Saraswathan

Sandy
Sandy
from Delhi
14 years ago

What about changes to Indivine? I had suggested that about 3-4 months back? Why is Indivine being bypassed?

DaisyBlue
DaisyBlue
from Chennai
14 years ago

I also agree for the name change .. we always tend to associate the term "rank" with lower being the top !

Either we change the points to match the name or vice versa :D

Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Subtle point but very well put. Indiscore makes more sense.

leon
leon
from kolkata
14 years ago

where is indichild ?

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@renie

i had informed you about my indirank badge layout problem. The blog url problem has been sorted out but the rank is still in a messy condition. Can you please fix it.

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Hey dude, I think your blog's CSS is messing with the widget. I need to troubleshoot this - will fix it and let you know!

Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i didnt understand a thing of what you just said. But ill be patient and wait for you to sort it out. Thanks !

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

What about the countdown for next indirank renie?

Ravi Matah
Ravi Matah
from DehraDun
14 years ago

A very good idea  Renie. Waiting for the current countdown.Keep the great work going Renie. Besteess.

Ravi Matah

Dear friends,

Its great that you are going to show the current rank in each member's dash board.  You may also give a list of Top 10 rankers also and the Top Rankers can be given an opportunity to specifically inform other Bloggers how they could achieve this distinction.Laughing

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU

FROM BANGALORE, INDIA

pankaj Rokade
pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

how to find the dashboard. silliy question i knw bt i 4got.. how to c the graph .. dam!!

IF U CAN DO SOMETHING ABT IT

narendra
from karkala
14 years ago

http://www.indiblogger.in/mystats/  err this must work  :)

Saurabh Hirani
Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The ranking graphs and current info display is really good. Thanks a lot for putting that up.

I don't know if a facility to check the following is already there:

Everyone likes to know who is ruling the charts. We could have a rank summary or top X rankers of the month page where users could see which blogs are at the top. Visiting those blogs would result - in a. the blogger getting more traffic b. the user looking at a live example to improve the layout. I've learnt a lot by browsing many of other indibloggers blogs.

pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

+1 Agree

Zeenat Merchant Syal
Zeenat Merchant Syal
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Renie,

I Love the new changes youre going to made to indirank. I always eanted to know what on earth i could do to increase my rank...and now youre going to give it to us on a platter. Yay!!

One little suggestion though...I have seen that the rank changes every month...could the changes be more frequent..like every week??? It would give us more incentive to do better as bloggers..and sometimes i get disheartened loking at my rank....i want it to increase fast Cry

Regards,

Zeenat

Positive Provocations

rocksea & sarah
rocksea & sarah
from Pune
14 years ago

IndiScore will be a better term Smile

Malcolm Almeida
Malcolm Almeida
from Mumbai, India
14 years ago

Amazing stuff guys :) Congrats.

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

If we could be notified when someone from our network posts something in Indivine, it would be great.

Manvi
Manvi
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Renie,

I am ranked for the first time and that too 50. I am happy and great job. Gives quite an insight.

Great going  !

http://manvi-gandotra.blogspot.com/

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Renie, the team has done a splendid job with stats and visibility .Great work .Smile

And my hindi blog gets its first ranking at 66 !!! thanks for the same!!!

Gayatri

Meghana
Meghana
from Australia
14 years ago

Really this has helped in understanding the ranking system!Great work!

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

This is a good initiative. It will help new bloggers like me to improve upon from various feedback through Indibloggers.

nice work-- like the new stats and visibility

LockSign in to reply to this thread