salaamreaders would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://salaamreaders.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 25

This is a recently started blog. Would like it to be reviewed.

salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

I have recently started blogging and find that there's much to learn yet on the subject. Hope some feedback from readers would enable me to post better blog posts.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Iniyaal
Iniyaal
from Coimbatore
14 years ago

Interesting blog posts. Content is interesting and your narrative style captures reader's attention.

It looks like your posts mostly feature nature or birds/animals. A category cloud will help readers browse through your previous posts and select ones that suit their interest.

Adding more widgets to the Right bar will make the blog more interesting.

Regarding your selection of colurs and fonts. Black is beautiful for the background, especially if you are posting photographs. But the foreground font colour is at times very bright. Reading long posts in yellowish-greenish bright coloured font (For ex, the post on festivities) is harsh on the eyes. Soothing this colour will make the post more appealing.

Hope my suggestions help.

Thanks.

http://iniyaazh-poems.blogspot.com/

salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hello Sri Saranaya and Ashutosh Tiwari

Thanks for your suggestions. But I am confused about the background colour. Do I keep it but soothen the foreground colour as suggested by Sri or dump black altogether?

Salaamreaders

Iniyaal
Iniyaal
from Coimbatore
14 years ago

Sorry, though both feedbacks you have got talk about the same problem, our suggestions sound contradictory. Hope this will make it easier to follow:

Background & font colour combination is making it difficult to read your blog. Either  background colour can be retained and font colourchanged OR change background colour itself because finding a suitable font colour for black background is difficult.

To summarize, changing the background / font combination will help. To decide on a suitable combination, I guess if you play around with various background colours and font colours, you will be able to find a combination that suits the eye.

salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hello again Sri Sanya and thanks for you suggestion. I think I like the black backgropund but I have been experimenting with the font colour. Do you think the one in my last post is OK? Will be grateful for your feedback.

Iniyaal
Iniyaal
from Coimbatore
14 years ago

Last post means "Large Hearted gentleman"? The font colour for this post seems fine. it is neither harsh on the eyes or dimmed out. It seems to fit the blog perfectly, and yes this post is defintiely more readable now.

salaamreaders
salaamreaders
from Delhi
14 years ago

Thanks friend for your reply.  I am laaaaaate in thanking you! Please don't mind.