Journomuse would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.wordysketches.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 39

Hey, does anyone have some time to go through random musings?

Hi,

I'm new to Indiblogger and since I joined in was trying to figure out how this forum helps. So here I'm giving an experimental toot to anyone who hears it.. Have been writing for a while, but can't say there's any method to my madness..

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: error
Replies 1 to 18 of 18
sm
sm
from india
14 years ago

hi

there is scope to change the template.

you can add more widgets also

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

Hi,

Thanks for the review. I'm unfortunately a technology klutz...if it were upto me, i'd just do the content. But suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks Manoj,

Honestly, was in fact, thinking of taking out this monetize option..wonder if it isnt one big waste of space, coz if you read the fine print of what they suggest, i wonder if visitors to my blog would actually want to click and be customers of the product they advertise..I mean, its not like we are going to be paid by the number of clicks on the blog or something, isnt it? just wisening up to the ways of managing a blog..

Thanks for visiting...and keep reading when you can...

Manoj M
from Bangalore
14 years ago

In fact! a good idea. But what's worthy of a thought is you are putting in so much of your effort. And if not much even a little bit of money is good. Again, if you visit my blog / site that's www.manojm.com , I don't put ads at all. You can choose. The idea behind suggesting the ads placement is that by proper use of space, you actually don't spoil the beauty of the website by hiding the comment etc links.

Narrenaditya
Narrenaditya
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Good blog..good content..looks like you are an Ayn Rand in the making..from your style and expression i feel you should write on serious topics and issues..there should be more seriousness in your presentation and writing than the frivolous style normally followed by the west..as a post graduate in English and as an award winning creative director/writer, what i found in my enormous research and study is that there is a very vast difference between a writer and great writer..that difference can be evidently fond in their style and expression..do not get influenced by foreign writings please..u may draw inspiration from them..but when u r very much capable of creating something unique and become a path breaker,so why tread along a beaten path..I think am right..if not please let me know..i welcome it..

Journomuse
from Brighton-Mumbai-Kochi
14 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, apologise for the late response, in fact, I don't know how I missed reading this comment. Usually I get an email alert, unfortunately that never happened. if you look at my earlier blogs written in 2007, you'd see more serious topics tackled. But since beginning a masters in the UK, this blog has been a writing for 'softer topics' in life - for I deal with counter insurgency, geopolitics, foreign policy and the likes of it in my academic life currently. But thank you for the going through my blog. Do keep reading and I shall look forward to your comments.

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
14 years ago

very well written blog.. Enjoyed reading it.. Nice blog, neat work...

Journomuse
14 years ago

Hi, thank you for going through the blog..hope you will come back time and again :)

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Well the word sketches you paint are really nice, justifying your claim that the pen can pull off greater works than paintbrush. Writing is all about making a connection with the reader, and your posts are really worth reading. Your language command  is excellent, which is to be expected considering that journalism is your profession, and the fact that you have restricted the number of ellipses you use to three is great, (I mention this fact because most people do get carried away while using ellipses and all you see is periods). Do keep writing.

And drop into my blog if you ever get time, though my posts are essentially satirical and I'm not sure if that is well recieved.

Tanvi
Tanvi
from New Delhi
14 years ago

I really like the look, feel and the content of your blog all the same.

Keep it up, please.

Journomuse
14 years ago

Thanks Tanvi....Do visit my little blog when you can..:)

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago
Very interesting style. I've tagged your blog for further escapades! (please don't take it seriously.... Its just that thing I keep promising myself whenever I come across anything better than the run-of-the-mill....) And despite what Tanvi feels, please do consider changing the template. It gets fairly messy towards the edges. Just my opinion though. [url]http://uspandey.in[/url]
umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago
aaargh! i never seem to be getting these link things right!! :( http://uspandey.in
Journomuse
14 years ago

Thank you so much...Well..I have never had one blog template...it keeps changing every two-three months...To me its like a new lick of paint...just perks up the whole scene up..Do keep visiting and soon you shall see a new Avtaar..maybe you will like that better...Ill look forward to hearing from you...

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw about your new template, maybe you could try displaying the post tags as a cloud instead of a list since you've chosen to display almost every widget at the bottom, will improve the look I feel.  Just a suggestion though.

P.S When it comes to templates I am as vagabond as you are Tongue out

Journomuse
14 years ago

I tried..i think this template does not support it...i have been taking out all the many widgets that I had in my other template...i had like about a zillion widgets on that...now im going minimalistic.. :)

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Atleast try bringing the about me widget somewhere in the visible area, it is highly unlikely that you get vistors who actually scrolls to the bottom of pages... had this problem when I asked for a review in the indiblogger forum, most people generalise based on the first outlook they see.

Journomuse
14 years ago

yeah...need to mess about with the new template for a couple of days till it starts looking 'lived in' like they say...

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Well it looks presentable now, good tweaking with the widgets and all, reminds me of a long due to change my (blog's ) appearance. And apologies for spamming your review thread with a rather useless banter...

Journomuse
14 years ago

hehehe, thanks!! I was just going to drop u a line here asking you to take a look...been ignoring a research paper that needs to be turned in on Monday coz its too boring..and then there is the news of the blast in Pune and me sitting in frigid Brighton going 'damn...that's my city..i know these places..i should have been there reporting and not watching it on online streaming!!!' so i guess tweaking the blog seemed better!!!

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

On similiar lines I've been procrastinating on my project to transmit and process an ecg signal, presentation due a week from now. I thought posting in Indiblogger would be lot better, hope ecg transmits itself. (sorry for the geek-speak).

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Deepthy,

A very nice blog.  Exceptional writing style and I loved the template too.I would appreciate if you could review the content of my blog too. I am seeking this favour from you since you are a journalist and can give me the correct perspective. There aren't many posts though. If you can even browse through 4-5 posts that would be fine.

Looking forward to your comments

Cheers

Alec

Sure alec....cheers...

will do that...thanks for writing in...

D

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hey Deepthy,

I was eagerly waiting to hear your judgement on my writing. There is a piece on media as well which might be of interest to you. Please do browse through my blog and give your suggestions.

Cheers

Alec

SathyaSridhar
SathyaSridhar
from johannesburg
14 years ago

I read your posts, your blog is nice like your writing.

Happy Blogging

Journomuse
14 years ago

Thank you so much...do revisit sometime...:) and leave your comments...

(btw, jo'burg is one of my favourite cities...of the cities in south africa, just narrowly less preferred than cape town..:)

SathyaSridhar
SathyaSridhar
from johannesburg
14 years ago

Cape town is Very nice place with good weather.