theanalyst would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://theanalystquotes.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

Please Review my humour blog.Need to know whether I'm writing the right way...

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

I am relatively new to blogosphere and I want to know whether my blog is going at the right direction. For a blogger comments are gold, so feel free to comment if you do come across my site.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: TItle change and obviously narcissism
Replies 1 to 17 of 17
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

I may not be the best person to comment on the content as I spent little time on your blog. The articles are long and chapters numbering make it appear even longer... Remember the reader is looking for instant gratification, you can hold his attention in the first para you have him.

Keep blogging

Lalit

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for the review, I know my posts have been long, will try to cut down the words.

Ramki
Ramki
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I would agree to what Lalit has mentioned above.  Didn't read the blog in detail, but felt it is too long to capture the attention of casual visitors.

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for teh comment. I agree the first post at present is really too long, it is a short story kind of a thing. I am relatively new here, will keep the posts shorter. Initially I thought long posts would keep the reader interested. Really sorry about the really long blogpost.

theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

For people who feel my first post is long, (it is I know, just skip it and read the others, I suggest.

Poornima
Poornima
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi, I guess I got carried away by the long post problem too. But that's minor, you have a really fundoo movie review blog also. WHY haven't you added that to your profile? And do write more often there also. I am so hooked to it now :-)

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for the support guys, will keep blogging.

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Anymore reviews?

Vibhuti Bhandarkar
Vibhuti Bhandarkar
from Pune
14 years ago

HI Analyst..

I agree with some1 whomentioned above that you shouldn't be apologising for your stye of work. What I read at your blog were definitely lengthy pieces but they weren't long drawn rantings for sure! You have picked up a subject and dutifully analysed every angle of it. It takes a lot of patience and thinking capacities to do that, I can imagine. Your blog will stand out for the content in the long run!

Now, thats my opinion. And definitely not an hyperbole! :)

However to keep some other readers who enjoy tidbits, you could ofcourse try your hand at quick jottings too...

Keep blogging...

Cheers..

Vibhuti

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks really love it if someone from the same genre gives an opinion. Will keep blogging :)

Ramchandra Upadhya
Ramchandra Upadhya
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Lets start with the superficial things first. The template. I have the same, but on your blog it looks a bit cluttered with all those widgets(No i ain't saying it cause i want to be the only one with the template :)). I suggest, since you already have the feedburner widget on top showing all the recent posts, remove the one on the side bar. I'd like to see the about me widget above, subscribe below. If you really wanna keep all those widgets, I suggest search for a 3 column theme. The content. I loved. I haven't read all your posts, only the first one till now, they are quite long, and might put off the casual visitors, but am sure the content is good, at least Procrastination was. Will read all the others soon. So for now, I'd say its a good blog, only the template thingi is where I think you could improve. Keep blogging :)
theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for the review, yes will change the template soon:)

Rawjeev
Rawjeev
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

Hey Buddy, dont worry about the length, I certainly like your style and my brief running through din't give me the impression that you are a drag. There sure are people in this world who are not-so-lazy and can read long posts and there are people lazy-enough to skip things like classes and focus on interesting stuff like blogs. So keep blogging aur apna style mat bigaad.

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for the opinion...do visit my blog more often

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks, I'm getting that comment on my language a lot these days. Will try doing something about it.

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

@ Prateek I'm getting comments on both sides ie maintain your style and to 'dumb down' my language. At present I'm sticking with the former...Thanks for taking the time...

theanalyst
theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Any more reviewers out there??

Jayanth Tadinada
Jayanth Tadinada
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I did not read any of the reviews above, so it is possible that I might just be saying what the others already said.

1. your template seriously need a change (if not a change, at least a face lift). As a quick fix, Increase the width, increase font size by one point and increase line spacing to 1.6.

2. Write smaller posts. It is difficult for someone new to read huge posts. I usually limit to 500 words, anything more is difficult to maintain attention.

3. use some images, have paragraphs not more than 100 words. Again, helps in maintaining attention.

4. your style of writing has sarcasm written all over it, keep it up...

5. I know you might be busy with the rather heavy course load for Procrastination 101. But try to post more regularly!

theanalyst
from Calicut
14 years ago

Thanks for the review,I have changed the template and tried for reduction in post length...