Alec would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://alec-randomthoughts.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 24

Shall appreciate a review of my blog content

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

I am new to the blogging space and would like to know how my written pieces are beiong perceived. That would make me dedide whether to continue with this hobby

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: more reviews
Replies 1 to 17 of 17
Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hey alec, i'm kind of new too. but i'm going to give it a shot. it is more of wisdom passed on by those who reviewed mine..

first of all, about me, archive and rss feed subscriber should be at the top.

also give tags/ labels to ur posts, and add a widget for the same. this will make it convenient for the reader to jump to the posts of his liking.

i would prefer a different template. a little more personalised, a little more you.

you say you are a dreamer. share your dreams buddy. make your posts a little more personalised.

you write very well. though i would prefer something more personal. your posts are a bit long, i have the same problem. but shorter the better. also add a "read more" option. scrolling through the entire blog to find something to one's liking is not what people would bother to do.

to increase traffic, add some widgets for your facebook, twitter, etc profiles and vice-versa. also add an e-mail subscription widget..

oh and finally pictures. they tend to hook the readers, ive learnt..

ultimately writing and sharing your thoughts is the main.. so keep writing, you're doing great..

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Pooja, Thanks a ton for taking a look at my blog. You have made some very good suggestions to improve my blogging space and I shall certainly pay heed to those. I happened to look at your blog too and read some of your posts. Must say, your writing style is commendable and the blog design is absolutely eye catching and very profesionally done. At the end, I feel envious of  number of hits your blog manages to get. That's the sign of successful blogging. You have begun your blogging journey with a lot of finesse. Shall continue to read your posts from time to time..

Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

ur welcome..

the beginning few months were slow for me.. when i say slow i mean at a stand still.. 0 hits.. u just hv to promote it well, so as to draw attention.

write abt wht u feel, rather than catering to somebody else's sensibilites.

as u've mentioned down here, u are fanciful and ambitious.. show tht in your posts.. ppl will relate to it.. dont hold back..

there's is so much scope..

and thnx for all the nice things u've said abt my blog.. i wont call mine "successful" but i am quite satisfied about how things are going.. i am using a wordpress template only, just played around with the colours a little bit.. it isn't difficult..

anyways keep visiting.. and you keep writing..

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hey Prateek, so kind of you to have checked out my blog. Thanks for the positive feedback.  That makes my resolve to pursue this hobby even more stronger. Your blog too is quite unique. Atleast I have not come across  a bilingual blog earlier. You seem to be tech savvy too since I see a lot of tweaking and stuff done in a manner that is quite different from the usual......

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Hi Alec,

Why do you say you are new to blogging? After all, you have been around since Feb 2007?

I entirely agree with Pooja. Pardon me for being blunt, but your posts do not do justice to your profile. WHERE is the  dreamer? Your posts reflect a person with a keen intellect and sharp and incisive, impartial tongue. If that is the way you are, then BE that.

I know I know I know. I am not asking you to change the blog title, nor am I asking to metamorphose into a person you are not. All I am saying is, you seem to hold back from what you really WANT to say and end up saying what you SHOULD be saying.

Last I start sounding too critical, let me hasten to add that your blog represents the classic dichotomy between a 'popular' blog and a 'serious' blog. You seem to have made the choice to be latter, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Wishing you all the best, keep writing. And more often, please !

Regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Pushkaraj, I thought you were absolutely fair in your comments and so forthcoming. Absolutely agree that there is a contradiction between description in my profile and the stuff that I write. But, what I actually meant by the word "dreamer" is that I have some aspirations and those are quite dificult to achieve. Yet I constantly think of those distant and farfetched things. Like my immediate fancy is to get a piece of my witing published in Newspaper which by my standard is a delusion and never going to come true.

Anyways, leave aside theblog design , profiile and other technical stuff. I would appreciate if you could do critical appreciation of quality of content and my writing style. That would clear a lots of things for me. 

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Ahhh, there you are my friend! The real 'dreamer' Alec comes out :-)

I would love to do a 'critical appreciation fo the quality of content' (to use your words). But I will take some time to do that. Hope you don't mind waiting? I am sure you would appreciate the fact that if I have to this, then I have sit back and read your blog in detail. But I promise, I will do it. I have no delusions about my reviewing capacity, but will cerainly give it a shot.

Cheers,

Pushkaraj Apte

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Thanks a lot. I shall certainly look forward to hearing your judgement.

Regards

Alec

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Pooja, I have implemented the changes suggested by you on my blog and lets see how it goes from here. Well, I shall make an effort to improve the frequency of my posts too which I guess is crucial. Will certainly keep visiting your blog........

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Shruti,

Thanks for going through my blog. I feel encouraged when talents like you approve of my content. Shall certainly try and bring amends in the post length and make the stuff less serious by adding a little spice.

Cheers

Alec

Megha Sharma
Megha Sharma
from Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Alec

That is one neat, clean blog you have there. The content is good and sensible. I liked the post where you critique the media (even though am one from the fraternity :))

A couple of suggestions: try justifying the text of your posts, that will make it look much neater. Also, try adding a bit more color to your theme..will make it more eye-catching.

Keep writing...

Cheers

Megha

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I am not an expert unlike others here!

But, I enjoyed reading your thoughts!

Throw in some nice template to match you brainwave man! (just an opinion)

Cheers!

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hey Aditya,

Thanks for reading my blog and most importantly enjoying my take on issues. I shall certainly change the template soon to make it a bit more lively.

Keep dropping in to read my blog. 

Cheers

Alec

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Megha

Thanks a bunch for visiting my blog and reading my posts. I was keen on hearing from you coz i am hugely inspired by journalists and media people and any sort of positive fedback on my writing coming from that fraternity is a huge compliment for me. Hope some day I too get to have a piece of my writing published. By the way it is a distant dream.

Your suggestions shall be acted upon soon.

Cheers

Alec

Narrenaditya
Narrenaditya
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Alec,

One thing is clear that you have cultivated a very good style in writing.That being said I also caution you not to resort to complex sentences in writing which may drive away a few readers.

The stories in my blog are read and appreciated in the Hollywood too.And am certainly getting some good reviews and inquiries from the west.My goal is clear.Am only writing for my target audience of Hollywood and also the film industry in general.Likewise my sincere advice to you is to write for a set of target audience and hit them powerfully.Since you are gifted with some great writing skills use them in a constructive and more serious way.The opportunities are unlimited in the film industry across the globe.U only need to apply yourself with dedication and tap the correct resources.Write something that was not written before.Volumes have been written abut sena,srk war.So why touch a dead topic.

I may sound harsh but my advice is simple.You are full of talent,you know how to present a topic so use your talent judiciously.You may be good but be wise.

Feel free to contact me anytime for any advice.

My email id is there in my blog-http://amazingtruelifestories.blogspot.com.

I will also share with you my screenplays that have been widely appreciated by the biggies of Bollywood.

Good luck.

Alec
Alec
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi Narren,

Thanks for reading my blog and appreciating my writing style. Your suggestions are really valuable and as you said I certainly need to find a niche for myself and focus on what I really want to achieve. Well, I wish to see atleast one writeup of mine in a newspaper someday. Probably, I am too optimistic but that is what is driving me to write currently. As far as the complex sentences are concerned, I know it may shoo away readers but completely moulding and adapting a new style which I am not comfortble with may not be a wise thing to do. But I shall give it a shot on experimental basis.

I am a movie buff too and always wondered how scripts are written. I guess people with herculean imagination and creativity can venture into that domain. Certainly like to read your bollywood script if you feel comfortable in sharing it with me. 

Cheers

Alec

Cryptic Clues
Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
14 years ago

Hi, just ran through your blog! Delight! I think I agree with one of the comments above on the distinction between blogging for popularity and blogging seriously. I sit with the latter, and so thumbs up! on that. After all Salinger wrote for himself, and see what a wonderful story he left us with...

My one minor suggestion: I think each of the issues you write should and does carry a deep personal connection with us, and our lives. Explore these, unpeel those layers (that might address the dichotomy indicated in the post and evenestablish the dreamer/personal connection in the review).

After all, no politics is impersonal and everything personal has deeper political ramifications. Politics and the personal are conjoint twins, aren't they?

Namita Kohli
Namita Kohli
from Delhi
13 years ago

hey alec,

Though politics is something that dowsnt interests me too much... But you have some really good posts... Keep blogging.. You write well...