Maithili Desai would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://miilee.wordpress.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Would love to hear some feedback

Maithili Desai
Maithili Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I'm a newbie to all the technicalities of blogging but I'd love to hear what people have to say abt my blog, especially in terms of the content.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Awesome! one word AWESOME! You are a journalist in making me an amateur (in writing)  I am nobody to comment on your writing, but definitely thought provoking as you say!

Keep writing.

Cheers!

Maithili Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks so much aditya... I'm glad you liked my blog. and don't worry, the writing part gets better once you fall  into the habit.:) best of luck!

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

All I can say is.... I may all grey hair, but I am someone who will always support "your generation".

As for the blog, I can't comment on anything beyond one point. The header imagte is awesome. It wins the heart of a reader in a matter of nanoseconds.

If I simply HAVE to write a review, I will say that you need to remember those boring school lessons about precis writing. Your posts are log. Yes, they are wonderful (I can confidently say this coz I have read them end to end) but it doesn't take away the point that they are looooong.

Understand the casual passer-by's mentality, Maithili. Can you do something to catch his/her attention when glancing at your blog? Not everyone has the time and patience to go through long posts like I have. (Ahem!!!!)

I don't know if I am making sense at all, but I will be doing a great injustice to you if I dont say that - I LIKED your blog!

Keep writing,

Best regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Maithili Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Mr. Apte I think I get your point... I do tend to get into the flow of thought and write as it comes to me. But I will work on my pieces... (after all am a journalist, HAVE to see to it!) 

I hope you've seen my INSOMNIA category where I've written humor pieces... (this is shameless self publicity!) 

Thanks soooo much for the review! Value it!

Jayanth Tadinada
Jayanth Tadinada
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I wanted to review a blog but Mr. Apte kind of wrote everything I wanted to say... agree on the point that the posts do get long sometimes... for fans like me, it does not make much of a difference but for people who casually drop by, they might prefer short posts...

It again raises the question of who is more important, the artist or the reader. I usually tend to keep my posts not more than 400 words... but mine is a humor blog, so it is not fair to expect people to read for more than a few paragraphs before they get the laughs.

cheers,

g2 http://gtoosphere.blogspot.com

Maithili Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey thanks!

I really am such a blabber mouth, I have to learn to make them shorter... I'm gonna try doing that with my next posts. Thanks so much

Maithili Desai
Maithili Desai
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey thanks!

I really am such a blabber mouth, I have to learn to make them shorter... I'm gonna try doing that with my next posts. Thanks so much!