Hemanth would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://candidconversations.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 25

Looking for feedback on my blog

Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hi,

I have been blogging on and off for a while now. I would like to get regular with the blog and share my thoughts and opinions with others. But, for that we need a bunch of people actually reading the content and giving their opnions. If you could review my blog and give me some tips, it would really help me in making my blog a better place.

Thanking you in anticipation for this favor.

Regards,

Hemanth.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all the folks who responded here. I have made some changes based on the suggestions given here. Would like to know, if I got it right :)

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Made changes after the suggestions given initially. Asking for a second round of opinion
Replies 1 to 13 of 13
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Your poetry is the best, esp the short ones.

The technical stuff is better contributed or linked to another website.

Cheers

Lalit

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Agree with Mr Chowdhary. 

Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks for your comments. So, does this mean that I need to move the technical stuff and articles to a different blog? Both of you, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Regards,

Hemanth.

Jayanth Tadinada
Jayanth Tadinada
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi,

I dont think I am qualified to give a critique on your poetry (because I 've been banned from writing about poetry after this article Comedy is the Opposite of Poetry)... 

but your other articles are quite interesting... I would also suggest to you write more often and I would suggest that the techincal stuff be moved to a different blog.

as far as the design is concerned, I would suggest you use a darker grey or black which will make it more comfortable to read :)

cheers,

g2 (gtoosphere)

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

You see, Hemanth, different people feel differently and that is what makes the world such an interesting place. I feel differently from Jayanth regarding the 'design' of your blog which has the same Wordpress theme as I happen to have for mine, apparently a favourite and quite comfortable to read!

Sourav Roy
Sourav Roy
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I won't comment on the look and feel of your blog, because I strongly believe that, it's content alone, that can bing your readers to your blog. I'll speak in that context.

I read a few poems that you've written. They are simply amazing :) keeping things crisp and short is something I follow religiously, and I coul see the same aspect predominant in your blog :)

Even I'm a hindi poet. read my poems here

Happy blogging

Keep walking :)

Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. I'm delighted that a poet of your calibre actually likes my poems. Flattered. Thank you Laughing

prashant
prashant
from hyderabad
14 years ago

What I would like to see on this blog

01) bigger font size

02) 3 columns instead of the 2 columns

03) small paragraphs

http://prashantnepayments.blogspot.com/

Chitra Nayak
Chitra Nayak
from Dindigul
14 years ago

Your blog is very informative and is presentation is good. I am a novice in blogging and unable to give suggestions on lay out and such things. But keep bloging. All the best.

Hamsamalini
Hamsamalini
from Singapore
14 years ago

Hi Prasanth,

I strongly recommend to move technology matters on a separate blog as your blog title and stuff is more on literal conversations. The topics are so fantastic and your poems are wonderful. I loved 'The Sage song'. Still am wanna wandering thr' your blog. Its a good work.

Hamsamalini
Hamsamalini
from Singapore
14 years ago

oops Am so sorry I meant Hemant and not Prasanth...

Arunkumar
Arunkumar
from Thrissur, Kerala
14 years ago
i back Sourav Roy... content is what matters... and as far as the technical stuff. i too think it would look better on a separate blog. and the diary like entries go along with the poems as its easy[though i don't know for good or bad] to understand what you intent. keep pinging
Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

@Aayushi: Wow! thank you, for taking your time going through the blog and giving your feedback. I was thinking of getting a new template and fill in a few of the details that were suggested earlier. Thanks for prodding me a little further, I will get this done in a few days time and be back with the changes. Thank you, once again.

Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks to Lalit Singh Chowdhary, Umashankar Panday, Jayanth Tadinada, Sourav Roy, prashant, Chitra Nayak, Hamsamalini, Arunkumar, Krishna, Aayushi and CG for spending your time by going through my blog and giving me suggestions to help impove it.I think, I have incorporated the best of what was suggested here and the blog just went through a massive update with respect to categories, tags, excerpts and sticky posts. Phew!Once again, thank you guys!Laughing