Kavita would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.happilythinking.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 32

Looking for feedback on my new blog

Kavita
Kavita
from Bengaluru
14 years ago

I am a critic myself and also open to honest/constructive criticism!

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Sanat
Sanat
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Hi

i dont know if i qualify to review any blog. Nevertheless..............

Cool, interesting posts, lucidly written. Pictures accompanying the posts have been carefully chosen and are apt as well. However, few things that could be improved upon:

a) Title with the picture takes up almost the entire display, seems incongruous. ideally background image should stretch widthwise, so one can see a few lines of the first post at least.

b) frequency of posts could improve. People are impatient for fresh content.

c) As for the looks of the blog, lots of wasted space on either side. a different template and a few widgets could liven up the space.

Wonderful effort, Keep Blogging.

Hemanth
Hemanth
from Bangalore
14 years ago

I'm new to this critique business so bear with my simpleton suggestions:

1. The look and feel: I get that trailer part that works with the quote but, like Sanat suggested, you might wanna scale that picture.  It will not look nice if resized but considering the fact that it takes up almost 500 pixels (which is half the size of regular displays), I would suggest you find a different image that conveys the same meaning. If you have any friends who are good at photoshop let'em have a crack at designing you a new header.

2. The widgets: Perfectly placed, only thing I would suggest is to have your random likes, links to the author profiles and archives moved to the left. That way, they are easy to find the users can easily connect with them.

3. The content:  Ah! a communications professional. That explains the fluid writing style and easy language (both essential yet, hard to achieve). Yes,  finally someone who believes The Fountainhead is not a guide to life's philosophy. Oh! the accusatory looks one gets when fountainhead is written off, as a good read. The random likes part was fun to read, gives the reader and instant feeling of connecting with the author. For example, except for the nap after lunch and photography...those are some of my fav things as well.

I hope you find the feedback useful.

If you would like to, you can post your thoughts about my blog as well. Here is my post, where I requested feedback: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/review.php?id=4318

Kavita
Kavita
from Bengaluru
14 years ago
Thanks Sanat and Hemanth... that was very constructive feedback... I will certainly work on the placement of widgets and the image resizing. But honestly i am at slow at picking up the technicalities of moving the widgets around. But will give it a shot! :) thanks again guys.