adee s would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://delhidreams.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 36

need a little bit of your time

adee s
adee s
from new delhi
14 years ago

please review my blog 'delhidreams' as it will help me improve my writing skills.

i'm adee, an advertising writer based in delhi. majority of my posts on this blog are poetry and thus straight from the heart. while i get good response on most of the posts, i still feel a little emptiness because of a lack of critical evaluation.

i would expect you to go beyond the normal comments and give me a critical feedback.

thanks and regards,

adee

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

your heading, delhi dreams is merging with the image you have uploaded. Even the subtitle is not readable. Apart from that it is too small and you might want to make a tad bigger.

there is a lot of scope for improvement when it comes to blog structure.

1) the poems are aligned in the middle but all the non-poetry writings are left aligned. This looks messy and unkept. Try keeping a common alignment for all, maybe left.

2) Use better punctuation and grammar like using capital letters etc. Although insignificant, it shows the writer as mature and someone who is aware of the english language.

3) The 'those who write' list is too long, you might want to compress it into a cloud

4) reduce the number of posts per page as it becomes easier for people with a slow net connection where the page would load faster.

5) The 'char bar tweep' post is overshooting in the sidebar. You need to fix it.

Your blog still needs some more touch ups but for now you can do the above. Sorry for being over-critical but you asked for it. Nice work!

http://adityasmoviereviews.blogspot.com/

Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hey adee,

you write amazingly well.. very personal yet inculcating latest news, travel, etc. something which i prefer personally.. your about me is good, very descriptive and interesting... but do mention why you chose delhidreams for your blog title..

i am relatively new to blogging as well, so i am just going to pass down the pointers from my review.. they helped a lot. again why delhidreams? i have not read a lot of your posts, so maybe you have written about your life in delhi.. it just got me wondering..

1. as aditya pointed out, your blog-title should be noticeable. play with the fonts and colours, experiment. i like the header image, but it doesnt do much justice to your blog-title.

2. add a "rss feed subscription" and "e-mail subscription" widget after "i am". a "search" tab should go next

3. you have tagged (label) your posts. insert a "tag cloud" then. it is easy to navigate for the readers.

4. add a "read more" option to your post.. so that the reader doesn't have to scroll down the entire blog to find the post he is looking for. this is because your posts sometimes are long, try to cut down on that too.

5. "facebook fan" "twitter" widgets can be added to increase traffic. And also to update old readers about new posts. you have posted your tweets, but i find images better, the reader can just navigate from your blog directly to twitter.

6.your template is good and clean, still you can play around some more.

7. for your blog roll, you can just create another page. there are way to many people and its crowding up your side bar.

8. somehow your side bar widgets have to much of text. it is confusing. add some images, increase the title's font size and demarcate each section. "what am i upto", "my shared items" "my love my universe"- just too much text. merge them, convert it into buttons/images.

9. add a "recent posts", "comments" widget. shift the "days gone by" up.

i agree with aditya, you have lot of work to do, regarding the technicalities..

posts are very interesting, you are a seasoned blogger it is apparent. keep it up!