Siddharth would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://sidsavenue.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 40

Can you blog on my blog

Siddharth
Siddharth
from Pune
14 years ago

HI There,

I believe there is always a reason behind everything. My blog is also a result of the same principle. I have my own share of ups and downs in life. In the stormy times, to keep myslef afloat I read books, think positive. My blog is a collection of these thoughts of mine. I am sure these thoughts can help others also the way they have helped me. But this is my understanding. Now the ball is in your court to let me know how far I am in my mission and how can I go even further.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Pooja Doshi
Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

hey siddharth,

reviewing your blog, looks nice. though i feel you can still try to improvise.

first of all you need to blog regularly. once or twice a month isn't enough.

your posts are good, i liked "beware of Johny".. though i feel you could have expounded a little more and still kept it concise.

you need to have an "about me" link, where you need to describe who you are, just like you've done above.. the reader should knw abt the writer isn't it?

this particular blogger template is quite common and overused.. try changing it, make it more personal.. i feel you are trying to be safe.. there's no need.. its your personal space, reveal ur personality..

your side-bar widgets are too scattered.. compartmentalise them under common categories. follow a particular  order- eg. "about me", "search", blog archive, rss & email subscribe, labels, etc..

tag your posts for easy navigation..

add a "read more" option.. you can therefore add more posts to your homepage, and still facilitate navigation..

"google library" add a picture or something.. or describe your reading choices..

create a facebook fanpage, add a "follow me" button- for promotion and increasing traffic.

i dont understand the relevance of "a diamond is not...." to your blog.

as i said before- things look too safe and plain.. experiment a little, personalise it a little, open up a little.. make it happening!!! you write well, so no worries thr.. all the best!

Aditya Tibrewala
Aditya Tibrewala
from Mumbai
14 years ago

you need to blog more often if you want a steady readership... a handful of blog posts a month is not enough

the blog theme is old... try changing it

add a few more posts per page, it helps cause readers have to navigate less

i could spot some minor grammatical mistakes, you might want to improve that.

else its all fine

http://adityasmoviereviews.blogspot.com/

Siddharth
from Pune
14 years ago

Thanks for your comments buddy. I am trying to squeeze in some more time for my Blog. I have quite a few of them in drafts so i hope ur comments will trigger me to complete them and post them asap... 

prashant
prashant
from hyderabad
14 years ago

Hi

I have a simple philosophy on reviewing blogs.

There should be atleast 1 blog post per week, otherwise, I feel, it is not worh reviewing the blog.

Hence, do remember me, when you blog more

http://prashantnepayments.blogspot.com/

Siddharth
from Pune
14 years ago

Fully agree with you Prashant. But the thing is I dont want to clutter the already crowded web and the other thing is time contraint. I have got ur remarks on desk so tht whenever i see them I for sure post something. happy blogging buddy.

Siddharth
Siddharth
from Pune
14 years ago

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for your time and feedback. Actually, you got the point right. I was trying to be a safe. And regarding the taging stuff, am still learning and would be great if you could help me with stuffs that could help me improve my blog. Nice to know tht ur also from Mumbai. We might catch up sometime i guess....

Pooja Doshi
from Mumbai
14 years ago

i don't know how things work at blogspot.. i am a wordpress user..

anyways, you are welcome.