Deven Sansare would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://windowtovacuum.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 32

My blog invites your comments.

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I've been blogging for just over a year and would really appreciate feedback from fellow bloggers: Suggestions, comments, critiques, like, dislike - everything is welcome.

Thanks.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Not a single response in 19 hours.
Replies 1 to 15 of 15
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

A minimalistic blog with good content. I don't see anything you need to change, except maybe making the template 'richer' by adding retweet, social sharing buttons (totally your choice on that one)

Keep writing! Smile

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks for your response Magali. I am somewhat tech-challenged, (must be an age thing!), and haven't figured how to make the template richer...

Maybe I will get some professional help, (no, not to reverse the ageing process), and jazz up the blog.

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

I like your writing, varied and rich. You say you are "tech-challenged" but then go ahead and unearth scams on Facebook! "Professional help"? You must be one lazy hack! The roll of "All 27 Shots"? Take it easy, pal!

That template can take its toll. Not that the ISP's charge more for coloured transfer of data!

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks for your response and the compliments, Umashankar! That Facebook scam thing, anyone with common sense could have seen through it. 

Lazy - now that's one word that describes me well! 

But I didn't get the 'All 27 Shots' reference at all.

The template, I am not sure, a good friend and a celebrated graphic designer complimented on it. Also, since everybody is into jazzing up their blogs, maybe simplicity might have its own charm and differentiation.

umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

O, I 'm referring to the 27 'SIGNS' let loose in a single stroke: I struggled hard to trace a theme. Don't be shocked, I'm usually a lot dumber than this.

And that's another reason to avoid a 'celebrated graphic designer'.

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Umashankar,

The 27 signs are a blogger limitation. There is no way I can organise pictures into albums or some such. Of course, I can put them in posts... Or move them to flicker.

The theme of signs? The answer is in an old post: http://windowtovacuum.blogspot.com/2009/03/signs.html

umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Switch to Wordpress. All you have to do is to to (i)  create an account with wordpress.com and (ii) hit the import button. (iii) Redirect the Blogger url to the new url. Voila!

A messier alternative is to switch to suitable third part Blogger themes.

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Asha,

You just made my day!

A different place to showcase my photos makes sense, but where, but where? I keep wondering.

Cheers to you!

Deven

Soraya Nulliah
Soraya Nulliah
from Newport News
14 years ago

Hi Deven-I read through a couple of posts and what strikes me is that there aren't any pics. I think most of the Indi blogs don't have pics whereas the blogs out here (U.S. and Canada etc) tend to be very VISUAL-lots of photos/graphics etc. Soraya

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

That's an interesting observation Soraya. I wonder why this is so, this East-West difference in blogging. 

Varsha Bagadia
Varsha Bagadia
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I liked your blog...no more words required...I'm following it! :)

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Thanks Varsha,

I am overwhelmed.

I checked out your blog and am following it too but I will give in to that temptation called words:

I like two things about your blog, above everything else:

1. The descriptor: for all gourmet minds 

2. The sincerity of your posts/thoughts.

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey Umashankar,

Thanks for the suggestion to switch to wordpress. I have noticed that wordpress blogs do seem to be more 'sophisticated/evolved' but would love to know how the switch will solve my specific problem of organising photos?

umashankar pandey
umashankar pandey
from Bhopal
14 years ago

Photoblogs do differ from text-and-image blogs in that the former require album/gallery type interface. Yes, Wordpress blogs can get sophisticated but I'd like to put in a word of caution: you end up paying a price for premium services.

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Dear Umashankar,

I guess I will have to keep asking you questions and keep thanking you for the rest of my blogging life.

Photoblogs, album/gallery type interface - all new words for me; that is what I mean by 'tech-challenged'. 

Honestly, I am not a blogger. I am a writer who also has a blog. I need to ask myself how involved I am and hence how evolved my blog should be. 

The lazy hack needs to do some work here.

Thank you for your patience friend.

Varsha Bagadia
Varsha Bagadia
from Mumbai
14 years ago

You might call it a temptation...but your words made me feel good :)

My blog title as well as the descriptor was an instinct...I couldn't think of anything else!

Blogging for me is an outlet for my feelings...and I try to be as honest and matter-of-fact as I can...

Have you read my blog? Just that...I don't think I saw any comment (not that you HAVE to!)..

Deven Sansare
Deven Sansare
from Mumbai
14 years ago
Hey Varsh, I have been reading your blog but am guilty of not commenting. Will do, the next time you post something. PC, Thanks. I competed with books?! Man, I feel like God here! Flattered no end. Template, template, damn template!