Dr. Anuja Joshi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://whataftermedicine.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 35

Hi! Please review my blog..

Dr. Anuja Joshi
Dr. Anuja Joshi
from Thane
14 years ago

My blog is a lot less about personal writing, but rather based on an attempt to dessiminate information that I have, to people who may find it useful. So, having the blog reviewed by you, would add credibility to the blog and help its visibility for people who need it the most, to be able to access it more easily..

Thanks!

Replies 1 to 3 of 3
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
Lalit Singh Chowdhary
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Dr Anuja

You have lot of content to offer. It will be helpful if you keep the simple black & white template, the colors are hurting.

The Keyword template can perhaps be moved at the bottom. Putting at the top it seem to be taking more attention that it deserves

It will perhaps be good idea to take some professional help and get a good template designed for your purpose.

The content will get you the visibility. Just follow some of the popular contributors at Indivine, it will give you ideas on how to push the content to larger audience.

regards

Lalit

Dr. Anuja Joshi
Dr. Anuja Joshi
from Thane
14 years ago

Hi Lalit,

Thanks for the sincere feedback.. The colour review was especially useful, as this is something only a reader can tell, I may purely see it from a design point of view, but I could now see that it diverges from the basic purpose of the blog.. I;ll quickly work on that

I'll also try working on how I could get some professional help with the blog template/colours, it's something I've been thinking of too, the basic stuff offered by blogger usually applies to primary self-blogging users so I'm beginning to look for that..

Second, I was a bit keen to have the keyword cloud at the top, only so that it makes for more convenient searching esp for first timers who may not be able to gauge whether they could find what they need on the blog, so maybe I'll let that be around for a while or try moving it on the side and see..

Thanks a lot.. and we'll sound some more ideas in time to come!

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
14 years ago

Hi,

I usually don't read topical blogs unless the topic is really of my interest. But i read yours because of the 'sincerity of content'. There is no other way I can describe it.

As for colours and template, I think it is fine. Not too flashy - keeping in line with the topic I think.

It does make sense to keep the tag cloud at top, but you could tweak it with the some of the following ideas.

1. Currently all your tags are getting displayed. Which means in times to come, this tag cloud will become few kilometers long. You could decide to disply only top 10, or top 20 tags. That still does not take away anything from its utility.

2. The tag cloud is sorted alphabetically. Also those that are more popular (like Bio-engineering or Public Health) are in bigger font and thus go out of the sidebar. Why not sort them according to frequency. Then the most popular ones appear at top.

You MUST get your blog archive somewhere up the top, like in the right column, above the interesting books widget. Also try and get the profile somewhere higher up. Currently both these are way down and accesible only if the reader decides to go all the way there.

Keep writing, wishing you all the best!

Regards,

Pushkaraj Apte

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com