Do girls get more comment then boys, because of their gender?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Some days back a friend commented that, female blogger always get preference then male blogger. I thought let me ask the same to the bloggers itself and find out what they feel. Smile

"Do female bloggers get more comment then male blogger, because of their gender?"

1-20
21-40 41-49
Replies 1 to 20 of 49 Ascending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, this has been debated again here..

Its true that Girls do get more comments in Numbers.. Trust me they do.. Only they have to say that they are a gal and see the comments sky rocket... but yes, content is important too.. for sure..

the answer is that if a gal and a guy wrote exceptionally well and a lot of parameters are same, the probability is much more that a Gal will have more comments than a guy. I have seen that happening.. So without any doubt, this thing exists and you know what, Guys are at the fault here.

Satya Prakash
Satya Prakash
from Patna
13 years ago

comment also depends on what you have written. Controversy related post creates more comment. Example: my one blog http://satya-weblog.com is getting 1000 visitors each day but very less comment. As I try to write a complete post so nothing to say much. and that are tech so people either get help or not. they leave after their work is over. 

and, about girl. I feel people will be more interested in blog when he says that it is girl's blog. Then he may read the post or not but he may likes to communicate. so chance is better getting comment in this way. 

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

It is possible.As u know guys like to go and try to chase out every new face they see, especially a face which attracts them.Tongue outThus a female blogger stands a much better chance to get more attention among others. I thing this fact is true not only for blogging, but in many other fields of life.Build Muscle Burn Fat

Robinsh Kumar
Robinsh Kumar
from Allahababd
13 years ago

content attracts the readers to say something not the authors.

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

When you are into group activities, building a network counts. But then how long do you think you would keep reading and scracthing someones back just because they visit you and leave behind a stupid comment? So content cannot be ruled out at all.

Utsav - you have done great job on blogging and you have awesome comment collection on the youngistaan post but then you cannot pass remarks on anyone as good or bad. Megzone has good blogs in her collection. I had been to Khamba's blog but I could not get hooked onto it .... may be I landed on the wrong post. Just because of that I don't have right to say Megzone is better than Khamba or her blog is better than his.

I found few unknown very good bloggers who have gone unnoticed. I saw your other post too where you have teased bloggers about their grammar. I try to stick to proper grammar most of the time (I am not a teen LOL) but then we have developed internet lingo nowadays and things are acceptable in some circles.

I agree with your arguments but what I do not agree is the way you are mentioning names and talking -ve points about a blog. I envy Pallav for winning the contest (off course I would want to be there) but I cannot deny that he has wonderful way of writing and his style is quite different and unique. I have never checked for his grammar though.

I am not trying to defend the bloggers you have been pointing out but then this may start a unhealthy discussion on the board where people may start pointing each others mistakes and then it will turn into high school kind of cliche thing.

I am just saying, knowing you have every right to do what you feel is right for you. Just think this over. Best of luck for your blogging.

No hard feelings please.

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

I do not know much about this subject but, I am writing 59th reply for a post from a girl, isn't it??

Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Farida

So you're saying that building a network counts but actual content doesn't...

Because that's exactly what happened in this month's Indiblogger. Mediocre bloggers scratching each others backs while the good ones (I'm not even considering mine here) didn't even get a pat on their backs.

C'mon, how else would a horribly written blog - 'Megzone' get more votes than 'Khamba's blog'?

We have a similiar discussion going on here:

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=5091

Feel free to join in. :)

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

If girls gets votes than what are Pallav and Lashmi Rajan? Are they pretty girls??? They  topped the contest ...

As for me most of the supporters of my blog are people who interact with me. We share some of our interests and also discuss through topics by mails. No one has ever visited my blog because I am a woman and left comment which would be called irrevelant to the post. (Leave alone the youngistaan ka wow Post though. There the commetors said things just to increase the number of comments.)

May be people are partial to me or what? LOL. I have checked out most of the popular indiposters and honestly I sort of envy their talents.  Most of the high ranked indibloggers have good blogs running and the topics are good too. Some people are very supportive and go out and reach to the bloggers who comment for them.. this makes others visit their blog again and again.

Blogging is not easy like fast food. It takes effort along with content to become popular and gain readership.

Prateek Varshney
Prateek Varshney
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Shreya - tremendously borin :( . . very sad to hear tht :P..

and on " girls don't enjoy serious posts"  . . i nvr told like this :D.. may be girls like all our posts(few posts for sure ;) ) but they dont want to comment on tht :D. . .

between,I wish guys could rite as better as u,i mean as better as gals :P . . .

@Paramvir-

"males are probably more in number browsing around" . .   Agreed !! Even i feel the same .... :)

Paramvir Singh
Paramvir Singh
from Mumbai
13 years ago

sweta is actually right.

I have experimented with this and it works.

females get more attention. males are probably more in number browsing around. but thats of course not always true, things like quality of content etc do matter a LOT.

Mukul Gupta
Mukul Gupta
from Delhi
13 years ago

I think there is no secret that women especially girls get special treatment here but let me pose something different also  there are many instances when people have resorted to "You scratch my arm and i scratch yours" concept to get few comments so its just not always that the Girls get extra comments... 

Secondly , if we are talking about the quality and the amount of attraction they get I think Indiblogger is not the right place.. I have noticed many blogs with Millions of Mistakes with completely useless comments on them and making to high Indi Ranks because the Moderator himself said to my post once that he wants people to be encouraged COMPENSATING THE QUALITY AND STANDARD OF BLOGGING !! Some of Blogger are writing exceptionally well but posting it just once in two weeks or so and are given ranks around 30-40 ..this shows that the right people are neglected for making business ... 

Mukul Gupta (http://mukulwrites.blogspot.com/ )

Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

I highly doubt that. I have seen plenty of blogs with great indiranks and awesome posts.sour grapes anyone?

Satya
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I truly agree with you..

Mukul Gupta
from Delhi
13 years ago

shreya did I mention all or always..I said I have read some like this ...and yes I am myself following those blogs because they have written well and got less indiranks according to their quality of matter because they are posting it once a while and not daily ( which i suppose is the case)... 

Lahari
Lahari
from Bangalore
13 years ago

My opinion is bloggers comment box is filled only coz of their quality post and not coz of gender..

Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Lahari

Break out of the superego imposed bubble and you'll see...

Paushali De Roy
Paushali De Roy
from Calcutta
13 years ago

Interesting thread.  Well, a pretty face initially fetches readership- that's a fact. but to sustain it one needs expertise, wit and humour that reflects in the posts. That pretty much works out in every sphere of life including the blogosphere. So it will be kind of sexist to tag the success of a female blogger in garnering constant readership only on the basis of her gender or face value. 

Satya
Satya
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Guys.. I should really talk on this topic.

One year back, I started surveying the various blogs of girls. The count of reading girls blogs might have been reached 50+ by now. And the reason why I did is to know, first of all, whether girls get more comments or not. And, now after one year, I should say 'YES' to that question.

Girls obviously get more number of comments  and the reason is obvious and everybody should accept it. Also, I don't believe in the 'Content is King' concept. It's true only with guys blogs.

I've gone through lots of girls' blogs and I've seen lots of normal blogposts which got more than 20 comments. One girl wrote that she could not find the pics of her favorite cat and that post got lot of comments. That post is enough to prove that content is not king for girl bloggers.

No offence here.. It's a natural phenomenon of guys getting attracted to gals. After all, if we don't comment on them, guess we have had some physical problem..

Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

I agree on all respects. How else do you explain the top ten posts (the girls in it) in the last Indiblogger contest?

Prateek Varshney
Prateek Varshney
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

ufff... ppl can thnk too much bfore postin a comment too :D...

i never expected tht ;) . .

@Shreya - or may be girls dont like to post comments on guys post :P:P...

jus kidding !!

Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

haha...well Prateek, I know a lot of guys here are complaining about the fact that girls don't enjoy serious posts etc. Frankly speaking, most personal male blogs I have read, I found them tremendously boring. They superficial and more out to impress the world than write whats truly in their minds!

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

First I have to agree that Sweta is young and beautiful.

After going through this thread I am wondering whether I a made mistake by announcing my true age, posting my real pic and telling about my kids or what????

But then I would not prefer to have people visit me just because I am young and pretty. How long will I hold them there with my looks and cutishness? What kind of comments will they provide? Will they ever read properly what I have written?

So finally true comments come from people who appreciate your blogs...  I can see the girl thing works on getting friends in orkut or facebook.. LOL.Blogging in the long run is about serious reading.

BTW Utsav you promoted this thread to me ... now don't complain she got 48 comments here LOL. People have to say something on topics like this. I am sure even a male would have generated as much comments.

Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

yeyyy to you Farida Mam!:D

And I was going to point that out too. This thread too does not have so many comments because of the sex of the thread starter but rather for her content.The world loves a controversy!

Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Sweta

Also, you getting 45 comments despite having so many grammatical inconsistencies in your sentence construction should serve as evidence... :P

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks alot for pointing out my mistakes Utsav.... Smile

you help me in improving.

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Looks like this is the conclusion time.... Smile

so according to the replies on this forum, the conclusion is:

Girls get more comments because guys have no sense of Art and good writing. They blindly go behind the opposite sex and increases the number on comments on girl's blog....

Am i correct???

Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Shreya

Was that meant to be sarcastic?

Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

The very response you garnered to this topic proves your point...

I had already made this point in my blog review topic too...

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=4717

It had achieved a thunderous response of exactly one blogger posting on it... And politically and correctly, disagreeing with me.

Our society's hypocritical. But it has always been that way. I bet no 'review my blog' petitions by girl bloggers go unanswered (that too with positive reviews). No matter how bad they are. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: It's not that girls make bad bloggers/ writers, it's just that even the crappiest blogs can get away by putting a youngish, fairish. schoolgirlish picture of themselves and it'll still have comments resonating "Awsumm bloggg" and "Wow, it is da best blog I ever read..." by male readers, nay, thrill-seekers.

But this is has been put forth quite boldly here. So I'll move on.

This topic brings us to another question; a rhetorical one at one at that... :P

Are men funnier than women?

The answer isn't 'yes'.

It's DUH.

Mostly, because humour isn't a talent or a skill... It's a self-defence mechanism. Jocks are usually not funny, it's usually the non-athletic kinds. Alpha males usually don't need to be funny. That goes with those who are good at sports on one side and surprisingly, (considering the Indian context) those who top the class. The primary reason being they don't really NEED to hunt for a mate.

Humour is also a social aphrodisiac. It's a means to find a partner of your IQ and thus, a means of propogation of species...

Prosecuted races are usually funnier than alpha-races. Example: Jewish people, as an ethnicity, have a high propensity for humour.

And (most) women, frankly, don't need to 'woo' a partner. Thanks to male testosterone levels, men are only a step behind, possibly stalking them. 

Women need a doggie-whistle. Not a sense of humour.

Amen.

Shreya Sen
from Kolkata
13 years ago

funny.:|

1-20
21-40 41-49
LockSign in to reply to this thread